SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Rotatorus, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 08:36 PM
Crashing but learning...
Brazil, São Paulo, Sao Paulo
Joined May 2009
463 Posts
Hey Robert,

It was a nice try. Although the model didn't take off, the landscape is great! (Where is this lake?)
Did you developed the project any further? I hope you didn't give up. Did you have success on snow using the floaters? They might work as sleds, no?

Very cool

Nelson
Wildweasel09 is offline Find More Posts by Wildweasel09
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2011, 01:43 PM
's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
Hi Nelson,

Didn't notice your remark until today. The floats would be a good thing to try out in snow. I did have a chance to try that last winter and I didn't even think of it...

I'll switch out some gear like the receiver (for a 2.4GHz) and add some aluminium cooling fin's to prevent overheating. I also will add water rudder to the tail. That greatly improved water handling on the RUFE. The rudder I added to the Rufe is hardly half a square centimeter big but it makes all the difference.

Might take a while but I'll post what happens.

Robert
Rotatorus is offline Find More Posts by Rotatorus