SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:14 PM
Walkera CB100 Owner
Pittsburgh, Pa
Joined Jan 2010
114 Posts
Discussion
Wire came off of micro brushless motor (help)

I'm just wondering if this is salvageable as I can't see a wire that I can solder it back onto. Is there a way I can take off a wire from the winding and re-solder it or is it done for ?

Here is a link to the actual motor http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7230

and here is a picture of the damage.

Ox1de is offline Find More Posts by Ox1de
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2010, 02:01 PM
Frequent Flyer
Orleans, MA
Joined Feb 2007
2,095 Posts
Perhaps you can get by with a little surgery. Inspect the windings carefully and see if you can find the break. A magnifying glass might help. Study the other connections to see where the broken wire ought to go.

If the break is on top of the field windings, you should be able to unwind a turn or two to free up enough wire for a new connection. Try to splice it as neatly as possible, cover with shrink tube to avoid a short, and make it as mechanically stable as possible to avoid a future break.
whitecrest is offline Find More Posts by whitecrest