HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:13 AM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907Jeff View Post
I used all of this knowledge and was able to build a light funcub that still has rocket ship power without any worry of the vibration issues some have had due to the reinforcements I made. Once again thank you!
Nice job!
Might want a buffer between the foam and the antlers to prevent dents. Foam lined shrip strip of wood. The rounded edge of the antlers will provide a good bit of pressure.

Elk or moose?
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:16 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,322 Posts
Quote:
I used all of this knowledge and was able to build a light funcub that still has rocket ship power without any worry of the vibration issues some have had due to the reinforcements I made. Once again thank you!
Nice place to hang your plane ,my nephews flew hellies to survey for the pipeline through your state back in the day. joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:26 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
Another shot of my fun cub

Almost ready to fly at that point
907Jeff is offline Find More Posts by 907Jeff
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:34 AM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
Nice place to hang your plane ,my nephews flew hellies to survey for the pipeline through your state back in the day. joe
Interesting I work on the north slope and directly help produce the oil that runs through the pipeline.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:46 AM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy View Post
Nice job!
Might want a buffer between the foam and the antlers to prevent dents. Foam lined shrip strip of wood. The rounded edge of the antlers will provide a good bit of pressure.

Elk or moose?
It's a 58" moose rack.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:56 AM
Joined May 2011
1,577 Posts
I almost had the Cub ready to fly in a low mist morning Mist was about 2 feet over the grass. Anyone fly through something like that in Alaska and have vids? I imagine fog is your biggest enemy after the winds. Williwaws?
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:34 PM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy View Post
I almost had the Cub ready to fly in a low mist morning Mist was about 2 feet over the grass. Anyone fly through something like that in Alaska and have vids? I imagine fog is your biggest enemy after the winds. Williwaws?
Yes weather and mountains kill a lot of pilots every year up here.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:55 PM
Joined May 2011
1,577 Posts
Quote:
Read an old book on the Aleutian islands campaign in WWII. Talk about hostile weather.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:00 PM
Joined Jun 2009
3,322 Posts
Quote:
I have seen alot of video's of bush pilots there and what they get use to make landings on .Its not for the faint of heart. lol joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:20 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
I was flying off the slushy street today. Flying with skis is quite tricky. Especially in windy conditions. Plane flys quite unstable
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:49 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,271 Posts
I had a motor shaft go south due to a very mild prop strike on landing....didnt even break or nick the prop...but was just enough to throw my shaft out of balance...So...waiting for a new shaft to arrive.....Then some wheels ( 4" Main's and a New tailwheel setup) arrived today

I changed out the wheels..mounted tail wheel bracket...and decided to put a .15 sized motor in..untill my other shaft arrives..LOL the .15 motor is a 550W motor...and weighs about the same as my .10 motor did...this should be fun.

I did the wheels for Pavement I fly off of...the 4" wheels are VERY lite..but still have an aluminum hub and rubber tires...I think aprox 64 grams...still heaver than the foam wheels...but I think will work better on pavement...after glue dries Ill add A pix of the new wheels if anyone is interested.
Pat
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:07 PM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
I have seen alot of video's of bush pilots there and what they get use to make landings on .Its not for the faint of heart. lol joe
Airplanes are a way of life up here, whether its to get to your cabin, to go hunting, or even just for fun with a silly piece of foam that you can relax and fly without worrying about your passengers or weather. I have been flying either pilot in command or riding copilot all my life to some amazing places in Alaska and I still get a big smile on my face flying this fun cub that takes off in less than a foot and in a breeze lands backwards!
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:18 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,271 Posts
New Street rubber

here are the new tires (rubber & Light) and New tailwheel.( old one was way too lite...and made plane hard to steer..+ styro tailwheel was all chewed up due to pavement.

Also, Added my 15 sized motor till I get new shaft.
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:20 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Fantastic! I love the mods, and love the colors too.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:05 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Weed, where did the L gear come from and are they much better? L gear and wing control rods(dia. too small)on the F Cub are it's only two bad issues. Dave/zeezee
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee