HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:36 PM
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Oct 2012
513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
you are south of me..BUT it's been way too windy for me to fly..almost a week now

Sure hope the wind subsides soon...I have cabin fever
Last weekend was ok for flying early morning but most of the week it's been windy like you said, hopefully this weekend it calms down a bit I have a couple new planes to maiden.
Watts cooking is offline Find More Posts by Watts cooking
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:51 PM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,658 Posts
OOPS now we get the cold frond. I'm freezing over here. It's 60 degrees and dropping!

Seriously now comes the wind. Maybe Sunday.

Hope you guys get some of the flying utopia this winter has brought me. Never that cold but the mornings have been calm and pretty.
Rickflaguy is online now Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:14 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,562 Posts
By the way, if you flip the servo for one of the flaps by cutting a new hole in the foam there should be no need to bend a special wire to connect the servo horn to the flap horn.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:31 AM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
By the way, if you flip the servo for one of the flaps by cutting a new hole in the foam there should be no need to bend a special wire to connect the servo horn to the flap horn.
True, but then you have to cut a hole. Either is a little unsitely. The wire option is easy and less visible. An argument could be made that two holes in the wing could reduce the strength of the wing but I don't think it would be much. Culling a hole for some would be a bit of a pain.

The only issue with the bent wire would be that it can flex. I haven't had any issues with that at all.

Bottom line, the wire option leaves the wing integrity as designed but looks a little wierd.

The cutting option leaves a visible hole in the wing bet is done at no cost either.
Rickflaguy is online now Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:03 AM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Quote:
Where would be the fun if we all did it the same way?
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:01 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I just ordered the servo reverser
that HURC recommended for their suggested completion parts list. I didn't want to cut the wing. Dave/ zz
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:46 AM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2009
1,552 Posts
Don't use with Spektrum radio gear.
Turner2 is offline Find More Posts by Turner2
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:07 PM
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Oct 2012
513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
I just ordered the servo reverser
that HURC recommended for their suggested completion parts list. I didn't want to cut the wing. Dave/ zz
Do you have a soldering iron or access to one it is a very simple and easy way to reverse servos. It's not scary to do just a few wires inside the servo to swap around and you can reverse the servo use a y-harness and have no problems. And you dont have to cut up your wing.
Watts cooking is offline Find More Posts by Watts cooking
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:12 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
On my plane I just used 2 seperate channels for my flaps. Keep in mind that its easily done with an Aurora 9 radio.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:43 PM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
818 Posts
Same here geviens, except with DX8.

I'm using all 8 channels, because of lights on switch.
Rob
robusp is offline Find More Posts by robusp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pulsar 3.2E Competition Pro
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:22 PM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
United States, NH, Londonderry
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the goon View Post
Hey out there,

I like to throw my Fun Cub into the mix. It's my first electric and my first foamie. I've been flying glow/gas for about 11 years and doing electric scale boats for over 30 years. The set up is all stock w/ a 3s 2200 battery. The only additions are a stronger gear legs that are zip tied to the wire gear, and a radio df loop from the boats parts box. The color scheme comes from a Cessena O-1D bird dog. I used Osh spray can red over the foam, didn't spray the white sections at all, and brushed on the anti-glare panel. Decals came from the parts box (.40 size mostly), and the lettering is vynl press on from the craft store. It flies great . There's a park next to work that I go to most mornings. I still love flying fuel planes, but this is great to stick in the car and be ready to go .

Mark
Hey Mark,

I know it's been quite awhile since you posted, but I just saw your post and since I'm looking for a nice relaxing Winter project thought I might try to duplicate your great work.

What was the exact Red spray color you used? It looks great!

Thanks,
-mike-
boiko is offline Find More Posts by boiko
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:49 PM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
FC in skis

Ski flying in Wyoming.

Multiplex Funcub on Skis (1 min 55 sec)
Zwester is offline Find More Posts by Zwester
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:31 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy View Post
True, but then you have to cut a hole. Either is a little unsitely. The wire option is easy and less visible. An argument could be made that two holes in the wing could reduce the strength of the wing but I don't think it would be much. Culling a hole for some would be a bit of a pain.

The only issue with the bent wire would be that it can flex. I haven't had any issues with that at all.

Bottom line, the wire option leaves the wing integrity as designed but looks a little wierd.

The cutting option leaves a visible hole in the wing bet is done at no cost either.
The foam you cut out goes in the hole you now have from flipping over the servo. Glue it in the hole and put tape over it.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:25 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
The don't use Spek gear goes against what Jesse at Headsup told me, I asked him. Now I'm stumped. Dave
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:43 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,560 Posts
Quote:
The foam you cut out goes in the hole you now have from flipping over the servo. Glue it in the hole and put put tape over it.
Good Lord man, do you think tape grows on trees??

Kimber is online now Find More Posts by Kimber