HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:55 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Feb 2012
12 Posts
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
Just flip the servo, off set the rod and make a new track for the wire!
Why make it so complex?

I hadn't seen you on this forum for a while...I just wanted to thank you for the elegant solution to enable Y cabling the flaps.
mw757 is offline Find More Posts by mw757
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:58 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14 View Post
Finished my FC tonight, . was surprised it takes the battery almost all the way up front to balance on the spar.

Using the Tacon Big 10 motor. Looking forward to having some fun with this...."thanks" to all on this forum for some great ideas.
Looks Good...You will not be sorry you did the tailwheel mod !

Supprised your battery is so forward...but it must be due to the Tailwheel mod.

you will LOVE the preformance with the BigFoot 10 I am useing a 11.5 X4 APC....it works great for my taste ( it came from a tip broken 13x4Apc..that I measured Cut Balanced....) it runs very smoothe...and I have a handfull of new props both larger/smaller/different pitch etc. But Love this 1 so much..I have not changed it.

I Also have a 3s1p 2800 (65c) & 3000 (50c) packs...both work perfect and I get aprox 8.2 min. mixed flying.

Let us know how your maiden goes & remember Flaps-R-UR-Friend
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:30 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw757 View Post
I hadn't seen you on this forum for a while...I just wanted to thank you for the elegant solution to enable Y cabling the flaps.
You are very welcome.

We have been working on a couple other projects, weather
and family situation limit flying time these days,

Kimber is offline Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:36 PM
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2010
102 Posts
Flying with hobbyking snow ski's

Multiplex funcub: snow ski's (1 min 28 sec)

Note to myself, use a smaller prop when i fly with the ski's
Roel_Netherlands is offline Find More Posts by Roel_Netherlands
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:38 PM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
Looks Good...You will not be sorry you did the tailwheel mod !

Supprised your battery is so forward...but it must be due to the Tailwheel mod.

Let us know how your maiden goes & remember Flaps-R-UR-Friend
Not sure why the battery is so far forward, maybe all the paint and wbp on the aft fuse and tail compensated for the up front weight. My tail wheel mod is pretty light. I made a double floor for the lipo to sit on, couldn't cram the ESC in there on the side to my liking, also did a quick LG mod.....no soldering required. Nylon thread from walmart and thin CA, believe me it won't break but it can be cut if you want to remove it. tried a few lipos......12 x 6 3s 2200 gave about 44 amps at 475 watts. tried a 4s but it went to 64 amps. Will get a 12 x 4 should be in the sweet spot of amps to power.
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:15 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
Yea, ibwillvhave to step down to a 10x? For snow flying. But until it ever snows, my skis are hung up....
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:41 PM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw757 View Post
I have reposted this idea at least 2 times recently. It is a simple solution and free. was this your idea?
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:19 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roel_Netherlands View Post
Flying with hobbyking snow ski's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ibb78G-qQk

Note to myself, use a smaller prop when i fly with the ski's
Nice. Just want to say, good job on the vid. Most people would have posted a takeoff, bunch of lame flying around, then a landing. I like how you show just a couple takeoffs then a couple landings, without any unneccisary fluff in between.... touches like that are rare these days... Well done.

Also, I have never seen the transmitter cover thing you are using, where did you get it? I would like to fly in the winter but my hands get so COLD!
dacaur is online now Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:50 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy View Post
I have reposted this idea at least 2 times recently. It is a simple solution and free. was this your idea?
Brad, my husband worked this out. he is cheap and likes
to find simple ways to do things when ever possible.
Kimber is offline Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:20 PM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Cheap is an honorable trait and I wear it proudly but you do your husband a diservice in this situation. My scout troop is loaded with engineers from a major electronics firm (Harris corp).

Engineers have an expression for his modification. The term is elegant. Below is a definition. I assume number 2 applies to Brad and will leave it to you to judge number 1.

el·e·gant
/ˈeligənt/
Adjective

1. Pleasingly graceful and stylish in appearance or manner.
2. (of a scientific theory or solution to a problem) Pleasingly ingenious and simple

I use this opportunity to be somewhat pedantic both to praise your husbands elegance solution and to praise so many on this thread and so many others for their elegance.

Me, I plagiarize and I admire the elegance of those I copy. Here's to you boys and girls!
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:08 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,296 Posts
Quote:
tried a few lipos......12 x 6 3s 2200 gave about 44 amps at 475 watts. tried a 4s but it went to 64 amps. Will get a 12 x 4 should be in the sweet spot of amps to power.

I think you'll be just fine with that 12x6 as it will unload a bit in the air. Once the lipo drops voltage a bit you'll be well under 40a.

Don't think you'll care for a 12x4 on a plane like this...
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:29 PM
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Oct 2012
511 Posts
Quote:
Have you ever tried reversing the servo by re-soldering the internal wires of servo and keeping original mounting spot and linkage. By just swapping around a few wires the servo is reversed and you can use the Y-harness and everything works perfect. It's really easy to do if you haven't done it I'm sure there are some threads about it or I can post pictures and instructions.
Watts cooking is offline Find More Posts by Watts cooking
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:41 PM
AMA 937634
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
1,592 Posts
@ dacaur

That's a Turnigy Transmitter Muff. Hobbyking sells them but they're almost always out of stock.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...uff_Black.html

There's a guy here on RCG named Reacher10 that makes his own version. They're more expensive but the quality is great and you get to choose your favorite colors!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1143460

-Mike
Stone1295 is online now Find More Posts by Stone1295
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:53 PM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watts cooking View Post
Have you ever tried reversing the servo by re-soldering the internal wires of servo and keeping original mounting spot and linkage. By just swapping around a few wires the servo is reversed and you can use the Y-harness and everything works perfect. It's really easy to do if you haven't done it I'm sure there are some threads about it or I can post pictures and instructions.
It's really pretty easy if you have a "small tip" soldering iron, would be tough with a big Weller or Sears soldering gun.....took about 10 mins after watching the video. Sometimes we do things in this hobby just for the pleasure of doing it. But it's always great to have an option especially for those that are not adventurists. It also never ceases to amaze me the inginuity that Rc'ers bring to the table.
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
Last edited by mjdee14; Jan 16, 2013 at 11:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:59 PM
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Oct 2012
511 Posts
Quote:
It's really pretty easy if you have a "small tip" soldering iron, would be tough with a big Weller or Sears soldering gun.....took about 10 mins after watching the video. Sometimes we do things in this hobby just for the pleasure of doing it. But it's always great to have an option especially for those that are not adventurists. It also never ceases to amaze me the inginuity that Rc'ers bring to the table.
Agreed if you have the tools and know how it easy and you're right it's pretty cool how creative we can get in this hobby to make things work.
Watts cooking is offline Find More Posts by Watts cooking
RCG Plus Member