HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:00 AM
Registered User
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2009
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy View Post
Distilled water is an insulator. Had a demo lab that showed that. When salts are dissolved it becomes a better and better conductor. Salt is a polar molecule and when dissolved the positive and negative poles of the water molecule line up and conduct electricity.

There, you got my trivia of the day.
Right you are.
Turner2 is offline Find More Posts by Turner2
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:51 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
knifeedge63's Avatar
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
VG's

I forgot to post pictures of the VG's on my funcub, so here they are!

All i can say is, besides the metal motor mount upgrade, this is the single best mod iv done to this plane! The effetcs are great!
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:55 PM
Registered User
3171scott's Avatar
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Please explain in detail what the plane does different? I have seen them on the 3DHS Big Foot and i thought i overherd Joe and Ben saying that it did not help that type of plane much. Would like to know what you found, and how you tested them? Thanks Scott.
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:05 PM
Semper Fi
greedyg76's Avatar
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeedge63 View Post
I forgot to post pictures of the VG's on my funcub, so here they are!

All i can say is, besides the metal motor mount upgrade, this is the single best mod iv done to this plane! The effetcs are great!
did you find that they provided more control at just above stall speed?
greedyg76 is offline Find More Posts by greedyg76
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:06 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
knifeedge63's Avatar
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3171scott View Post
Please explain in detail what the plane does different? I have seen them on the 3DHS Big Foot and i thought i overherd Joe and Ben saying that it did not help that type of plane much. Would like to know what you found, and how you tested them? Thanks Scott.
The airplane now has a reduced stall speed, and will stall at a higher AOA (angle of attack) and now lacks the crazy wing rock you would normally get at high AOA's with the stock funcub. It takes off shorter with less power now. it takes off just as short at half throttle now with them, as it did at full power without them. I also mainly noticed a high increase in aileron effectiveness. These are the main effects that iv noticed with the VG's. I tested by flying the plane without them and noted the characteristic at stall, slow speed, take-off distcance, etc.. then i immeditately went on installed the VG's, waited for them to dry (that took like 5 minutes) then went and flew again doing the same tests. And then i began noticing the effects.
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:07 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
knifeedge63's Avatar
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyg76 View Post
did you find that they provided more control at just above stall speed?
VERY VERY much so.
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:11 PM
Semper Fi
greedyg76's Avatar
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
974 Posts
cool! what's the spacing interval you used?
greedyg76 is offline Find More Posts by greedyg76
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:19 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
knifeedge63's Avatar
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyg76 View Post
cool! what's the spacing interval you used?
You just eyeball it. lol. Spacing is not so crucial as much as the angle they are relative to eachother which should be about 45 degrees (roughly).

You row the VG's up at the 1/3 mark between the tallest part of the airfoil and the Leading edge of the wing. That is also crucial.
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:13 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeedge63 View Post
You just eyeball it. lol. Spacing is not so crucial as much as the angle they are relative to eachother which should be about 45 degrees (roughly).

You row the VG's up at the 1/3 mark between the tallest part of the airfoil and the Leading edge of the wing. That is also crucial.
I have an extra 300 and they tip stall. Have you tried this on a similar airplane? Do you have anything on stall fences as well?
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:19 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
knifeedge63's Avatar
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy View Post
I have an extra 300 and they tip stall. Have you tried this on a similar airplane? Do you have anything on stall fences as well?
As you speak, I am working on the ultimate Funcub/ Bushcub... stall fences are in the picture... Its gonna have it all.. stay tuned! and VG's work great for aerobatic planes! the get rid of nasty wingrock when harriering.
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:55 PM
OPCC-Maineiack
United States, ME
Joined May 2012
108 Posts
Been painting my FunCub,
some touch-up to do,(darn bleed through) windows, motor,
and put my numbers on it,

I cant paint for sh$t, but figured id post it,

already flown it and loving it,

cheers
john
Maineiack is offline Find More Posts by Maineiack
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:11 PM
Arcee Moron
Justapoke's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiack View Post
Been painting my FunCub,
some touch-up to do,(darn bleed through) windows, motor,
and put my numbers on it,

I cant paint for sh$t, but figured id post it,

already flown it and loving it,

cheers
john

Looking good Maineiack !
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:33 PM
Arcee Moron
Justapoke's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newTOpro View Post
I might have to copy that.
Go for it, make sure to post some pics when yr done!
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:05 PM
Dr John
pmpjohn's Avatar
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Here is a little inspiration for you guys. Don't try this at home.

http://www.vid4fun.com/video_player/index.php?vid=103


Dr John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:11 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
A Rdnek's Avatar
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpjohn View Post
Here is a little inspiration for you guys. Don't try this at home.

http://www.vid4fun.com/video_player/index.php?vid=103


Dr John
Would you buy a used airplane from that man?
Rn
A Rdnek is online now Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fun Cub sinowace Hitec/Multiplex USA 14 Oct 09, 2011 05:43 PM
Discussion Multiplex Fun Jet at the lake bah7566 FPV Talk 31 Jan 03, 2010 10:19 AM
For Sale Multiplex Fun Jet -- PRICE DROP Toby W Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 28, 2009 10:51 AM
Video Multiplex Fun Jet FPV set up test bah7566 Electric Plane Talk 0 Dec 25, 2009 11:05 PM
Wanted multiplex fun-jet or trade! heli123 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 14, 2009 12:02 PM