Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:49 PM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevespana View Post
Me too B dog!

Not a single comment about the pics I posted yesterday.
I fixed my landing gear by making a new one from scratch using thicker/stronger material.

Steve.
I'll tell you the truth. Your plane is so pretty but at the same time so perfecly scale that it almost looks like a picture of a cub! I thought, that's a perfect model of a cub. I just read on and moved on. Beautiful job.

I guess the problem is you spent so much time on perfection that you made it look too easy!
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:04 AM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
I completed the latest editions to my FC yesterday and today was a perfect day for flying.

So, I proudly present a few pics from today, featuring my enhanced Fun Cub.

Steve.
Steve, your pride is quite understandable and certainly justified! It is a beautiful plane. I like the graphics so much that the Telemaster 40 that I am about to start building is very likely to look a lot like your Funcub when it is finished. It will of course wear a Canadian flag and numbers, but I really like the simple, clean, straightforward look of it.

Regards
Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:48 AM
Huesca, Spain
Joined Aug 2009
512 Posts
Thank you all very much for your kind comments. In fact, I'm feeling quite humbled and overwhelmed by them all.

Gord, I was aiming for simple, clean and elegant as I think it befits a cub.

I still have a few details which I'm not entirely happy with, the registration number for example, which I will redo when I have some time and the inclination.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback.

Steve.
stevespana is online now Find More Posts by stevespana
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined Sep 2002
99 Posts
Hi Steve, I took the afternoon off to paint. It was warm here in central NY. I sprayed her all olive drab. the paint job is good, as I'm pleased here as I type. After a long debate about how to put on the invasion stripes, I decided to spray her first, then use mono coat for the stripe work. I had a few areas on the leading edge where it needed a little bit more paint, so that's in the garage drying while I clean up my bench to do the decal work. I will take pictures when it's done.
ecost is offline Find More Posts by ecost
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:14 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,269 Posts
I am getting ready to use my FC as a test Dog.

I ordered a HobbyKing Orange RX 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer Gyro ....and since this plane is ROCK solid...I am going to test the gyro on it...

with flaps down..i should be able to line it up with the runway...then using just throttle land it ( pretty much hands off) ....I have a few models this might just help tame we will see..
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:23 PM
All Thumbs
Japan, Miyagi Prefecture
Joined Aug 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post

I ordered a HobbyKing Orange RX 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer Gyro ....and since this plane is ROCK solid...I am going to test the gyro on it...

with flaps down..i should be able to line it up with the runway...then using just throttle land it ( pretty much hands off) ....I have a few models this might just help tame we will see..
Looking forward to the video.
FunPilot is offline Find More Posts by FunPilot
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Sep 2002
99 Posts
I wanted to get rid of banking or rocking in my aerial videos, so I put a three axes stabilization unit in my camera cub. The results were about the same as me making a controlled straight level attitude. The stabilization ended up being not worth the extra effort and weight, so I took it out. I am now thinking about putting it in my Fun Cub because the extra weight is not a concern, and it's fun to play with stabilization effects.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:34 AM
Joined Sep 2002
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post

I just ordered two of these units yesterday. You got me interested in the Hobby king stabilization unit, so I figured, what the heck, these are fun gizmos!
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:32 AM
Joined Oct 2011
12 Posts
Here are more videos filmed with hd wing cam from different angles

Funcub Multiplex 05-12-2012 3 (5 min 48 sec)

FunCub Multiplex 05-12-2012 2 (5 min 32 sec)

FunCub Multiplex 05-12-2012 1 (7 min 19 sec)
Banhas is offline Find More Posts by Banhas
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:38 AM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banhas View Post
Just curious. The lanscape looks a lot like Florida. It also looks like you have found am unused airfield. Where did you take the shots?
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:02 AM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,405 Posts
Tower Hobbies now has the RTF receiver ready Fun Cub for sale, has anyone seen this RTF version yet, what do you think, worth it: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=IA&I=LXCEHY

$340 with a $5 off coupon and free shipping.

Thank you!
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:20 AM
Joined Oct 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy View Post
Just curious. The lanscape looks a lot like Florida. It also looks like you have found am unused airfield. Where did you take the shots?
No, the landscapes are in Portugal, Mira, and this is a aeromodelling track from a club (Asas de Mira) http://www.asasdemira.net/site/
Banhas is offline Find More Posts by Banhas
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:04 PM
Rather be flying
United States, TX, Midland
Joined Feb 2009
269 Posts
HD camera?

Banhas
Just curious what camera you are using. The video looks good, especially from the tail forward view. The camera would have to be small and light to be placed in that position.
tsudduth is offline Find More Posts by tsudduth
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:23 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
840 Posts
VG's revisited

For all that are interested in playing with VG's. I got my idea for VG's on my funcub from this guy. He is using them on aerobatic 3D airplanes and he says the results are very good. Higher AOA, and no wing rock. And I experience the same effects with my funcub! I can land a lot slower with a higher angle of attack (AOA) and still have full aileron control.

Here is the link to the awesomeness.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7100

Note this is not my idea, but hercdrivers.

Merry Christmas everyone!

-Colin
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:53 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Dec 2003
367 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys, all very kind.

RGose, feel free to copy my scheme. Just to let you know, no paint was involved; all done entirely with tape.

Steve.
Even more impressive. Was this vinyl trim tape like sign vinyl? Nice job!
RGose is offline Find More Posts by RGose