SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:44 PM
United States, MI, Lake Orion
Joined Dec 2006
6 Posts
I love the paint job! What paint did you use and how did you make the pattern for the rectangle graphics on top of the wing?
pnorton is offline Find More Posts by pnorton
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:13 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnorton View Post
I love the paint job! What paint did you use and how did you make the pattern for the rectangle graphics on top of the wing?
who's plane /post showed this paint job? I would like to see it too.
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:14 PM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybynight2 View Post
yes, it would be. Mine is inlulated and Sheetrocked.
But it is 50X40 X 18 feet high.
I have a elec heater on the table, but doesn't do much.
That is just about twice as long and twice as wide as my house. That isn't a garage, it's a hangar!

Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:35 PM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokiou View Post
Hmm ran into some problems today. I threw the watt meter on the plane to see what i can find. It seems my plane is cutting due to the low voltage cut. When i full throttle it it seems to drop the battery to 8.x and 9.x Volt. This leads me to believe that the ESC cant handle anything. This is on a 1800/40c battery and the 2200/20-30c battery.

I'm just about fed up. I don't know how the rest of the guys run similar gear and don't have any issues.

SO my final question is.... what battery should i get that will work as i have a 60a esc coming soon.

it seems a 40c isnt enough

How many amps did the wattmeter show under load? It would take a ridiculous current draw to pull those batteries down that low, if they were fully charged that is. From what I have seen they are all pretty much brand new. What did the voltage return to when you closed the throttle? For that matter what was the battery voltage before you tied this test? How many watts? We need all the readings to make any sense out of things.

Regards,
Gord
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:45 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Putting some light on mine, got the channels cut need to wire it all up and install, then spackle and repaint.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:34 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Putting some light on mine, got the channels cut need to wire it all up and install, then spackle and repaint.
Post pix
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:58 AM
Australia, VIC, Coburg
Joined Oct 2007
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordks View Post
How many amps did the wattmeter show under load? It would take a ridiculous current draw to pull those batteries down that low, if they were fully charged that is. From what I have seen they are all pretty much brand new. What did the voltage return to when you closed the throttle? For that matter what was the battery voltage before you tied this test? How many watts? We need all the readings to make any sense out of things.

Regards,
Gord
On load it showd some like 20 to 27a. Battery was at 12.x on clsed throttle and when on WOT it showed 8.x.

Ad yes the battery are all new.
pokiou is online now Find More Posts by pokiou
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:33 AM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,656 Posts
As I will likely never fly in snow, I would love to see vids of a ski equipped rc plane flying in powder snow. I can imagine it.

I just realized I can try You Tube. Anyone got some?
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:12 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,139 Posts
there's vids of FC's, SE5's and some SR22's on YT....
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:15 AM
Will it ever Fly?
United States, SD, Platte
Joined Nov 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordks View Post
That is just about twice as long and twice as wide as my house. That isn't a garage, it's a hangar!

Gord
Yes, bigger than my house also.
The guy I bought the property from stored a boat, travel trailer, and 2 vehicles. House was vacant.
Me, lawn mower, one car, 4 RC planes. Guess that makes it a Hanger.
Flybynight2 is offline Find More Posts by Flybynight2
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:25 AM
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
This one with skis popped up.
Fun Cub MPX Snow Ski (3 min 21 sec)

Bunch of them on floats too.
mckolit is offline Find More Posts by mckolit
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:33 AM
GLM
AMA 209854
Check Six!
Joined Oct 2003
1,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy View Post
As I will likely never fly in snow, I would love to see vids of a ski equipped rc plane flying in powder snow. I can imagine it.

I just realized I can try You Tube. Anyone got some?
I don't have any videos in the snow and the FunCub but I do have skis - lots of Alaska guys have some of mine installed.

A while back I promised to equip mine with my 12" skis but got involved in something else and never followed up with pictures. I will try this coming week.

Here is a link to some I manufacture:

http://morganmill.com/RC/Skis.html

I recommend the 12" for the FunCub

Cheers!

Gary
GLM is offline Find More Posts by GLM
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:18 PM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckolit View Post
This one with skis popped up. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-U7fs01Gu8
Bunch of them on floats too.
Those seem to work great! How long are they? It is kind of hard to tell against the white snow.

Gord
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:38 PM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM View Post
I don't have any videos in the snow and the FunCub but I do have skis - lots of Alaska guys have some of mine installed.

A while back I promised to equip mine with my 12" skis but got involved in something else and never followed up with pictures. I will try this coming week.

Here is a link to some I manufacture:

http://morganmill.com/RC/Skis.html

I recommend the 12" for the FunCub

Cheers!

Gary
Appreciate the link but h**l will have to freeze before we can use them here in Fla. I've thought about floats but the water near me is either narrow or salty. The few lakes have limited access.
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:00 PM
All Thumbs
Japan, Miyagi Prefecture
Joined Aug 2012
154 Posts
Removing Stickers

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else in this epic tome of a thread, but has anyone taken the supplied stickers (decals) off the Fun Cub in order to paint it, for example? If so, how did it go? Any damage to the foam surface?

The reason I ask is that I was having an absolute ball with my FC yesterday, with its new higher-power motor, and in my exuberance got a little too close to a tree which, I swear, reached out and grabbed the plane. The poor Fun Cub received a few minor dings, so I tried the lightweight spackle repair method ... and it worked great!

It'll fly at our club Fun Fly today, spackle exposed but virtually invisible from a short distance, but I'm thinking I might like to remove all stickers, spackle up the remaining divots, and paint the whole darn thing.

Yeah ... so ... any thoughts?
FunPilot is offline Find More Posts by FunPilot