SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:09 AM
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
Im gething this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ner_Motor.html is it ok to use on the fun cub? Not to heavy or somthing like that?
grand14 is offline Find More Posts by grand14
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:32 AM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
4,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grand14 View Post
Im gething this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ner_Motor.html is it ok to use on the fun cub? Not to heavy or somthing like that?
Will be fine.
electrich is online now Find More Posts by electrich
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:04 AM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,424 Posts
Is this articulated landing gear add-on overkill and/or too heavy for the Fun Cub: http://cublandinggear.com/

Thank you!
itsme2 is offline Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:10 AM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,671 Posts
NOW I KNOW!

Flew with the original owner. The reason it is so hard to balance is he added tungsten weights to the tail under the tail gear. Glued in. I wand them out so i guess it's careful dremel time.
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:38 PM
slow but inefficient
Riverhead NY USA
Joined Dec 2000
3,097 Posts
Why a Dremel? Won't an X-acto do it? Cut out the foam around the weights, remove the weights and glue the foam back in.
Ron Williams is offline Find More Posts by Ron Williams
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:01 PM
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Oct 2012
513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybynight2 View Post
Thanks for all the ideas. Will try them when I get a chance.
No, didn't look at RX it is buried.
Yes, went wild. rocked right and left, and nose down. I didn't have any control.
I ranged checked another plane and flew it as far as I could see today.
I was wondering about the ESC, But a separate UBEC powers the servos, that is why I checked it. I was thinking maybe it is going out and gets warm and fails.
Again Thanks.
Range checking on another plane and trying to compare to another isn't the best. Depending on placement of rx and where it's situated inside the plane can make a difference in range. You said you were flying 5-7 minutes which depending on battery size might be hitting low voltage cutoff and cutting out on you like previous posters eluded too. The longer flying time might also be over heating it like you said. Range check on the plane your having problems with and all the voltage tests like others had said and you should be able to find the problem.
Watts cooking is offline Find More Posts by Watts cooking
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:16 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
Is this articulated landing gear add-on overkill and/or too heavy for the Fun Cub: http://cublandinggear.com/

Thank you!
Beautiful looking and functioning gear !!! BUT $$$$ 50.00 + on a set of landing gear for a $119.00 Plane is not somthing I can afford to do... I would have loved them..perhaps overkill..and a tad heavy? but SURE do look nice

Would love a giant set of trexler tires tooo but again too $$$$$
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Last edited by Weed89; Nov 05, 2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:43 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
4,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed89 View Post
Beautiful looking and functioning gear !!! BUT $$$$ 50.00 + on a set of landing gear for a $119.00 Plane is not somthing I can afford to do... I would have loved them..perhaps overkill..and a tad heavy? but SURE do look nice
+1. Overkill for sure and way too expensive for a foam cub. It flies slow enough to settle in easy for landing and gear can be reinforced with a 99 cent piece of music wire if you desire.
electrich is online now Find More Posts by electrich
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:56 PM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Williams View Post
Why a Dremel? Won't an X-acto do it? Cut out the foam around the weights, remove the weights and glue the foam back in.
Did just that. I dug 4 tungsten fishing weights out. My old scal measures them between .4 and .5 ounces. Should balance nicely now.

Going to fill the holes with some bass wood dowels so I can screw on the plate for the tail wheel. I am goping to close up two of the holes with a PVC thin pipe so I can add weight in the future. (just in case)

I love the way she flies with a minimal engine and a smaller battery. The Power 15 was cool but the slow flight prop and a 960 KV plastic 480 with a 2200 is a joy. to fly. I'm going to try it with a 1300 next!
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:39 AM
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Joined May 2004
250 Posts
I was proud of this boom for holding the GoPro. Has this been done before? My next step will be to put it on a rotating boom to get the perspective from all directions!

Multiplex Fun Cub Midair Collision! (2 min 44 sec)

Cheers!

SLCPilot
SLCPilot is offline Find More Posts by SLCPilot
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:29 AM
Canada, ON, Pickering
Joined Nov 2006
679 Posts
Cool video, 'nice' friends you got there.

Yes it has been done with the extension pole, Crazy Horst has been doing these type of videos with go pro in many positions, including looking back on a stick, his stuff is incredible, excellent editing, plus he is excellent flier to boot, very entertaining.
https://vimeo.com/user6527917

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPilot View Post
I was proud of this boom for holding the GoPro. Has this been done before? My next step will be to put it on a rotating boom to get the perspective from all directions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdhlK...ature=youtu.be

Cheers!

SLCPilot
ddruck is online now Find More Posts by ddruck
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:21 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Oct 2008
1,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich View Post
+1. Overkill for sure and way too expensive for a foam cub. It flies slow enough to settle in easy for landing and gear can be reinforced with a 99 cent piece of music wire if you desire.
+1 too... After 1.5 years my funcub still has the stock gear. Even the tail wheel is OK. And I fly with it nearly every weekend, and not always in the best conditions...

But I think it has been discussed earlier that the quality of the wires vary. Must be, because I can't understand how some LG's bend so easily.
mavlo77 is offline Find More Posts by mavlo77
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:22 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Oct 2008
1,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPilot View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdhlK...ature=youtu.be

Cheers!

SLCPilot
Wow, at 1:30.... Creative landing procedure... ...
mavlo77 is offline Find More Posts by mavlo77
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:43 AM
cheapskate extroardinairé
United States, CA, Marin
Joined Jul 2011
1,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavlo77 View Post
+1 too... After 1.5 years my funcub still has the stock gear. Even the tail wheel is OK. And I fly with it nearly every weekend, and not always in the best conditions...

But I think it has been discussed earlier that the quality of the wires vary. Must be, because I can't understand how some LG's bend so easily.
Same here. the only problem i've had with the lg on the funcub is that even when I glue it into the plastic mount with lots and lots of epoxy (and of course the mount is securely glued to the fuse) the wire landing gear just pops out of it's holder every couple flights (i'm flying on 4" dry grass with lots of rocks, though)
baconflyer is offline Find More Posts by baconflyer
Old Nov 06, 2012, 12:04 PM
Will it ever Fly?
United States, SD, Platte
Joined Nov 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconflyer View Post
Same here. the only problem i've had with the lg on the funcub is that even when I glue it into the plastic mount with lots and lots of epoxy (and of course the mount is securely glued to the fuse) the wire landing gear just pops out of it's holder every couple flights (i'm flying on 4" dry grass with lots of rocks, though)
Same field here, never had it pop out.
But got tired of rebending it back.
Made new.
Flybynight2 is offline Find More Posts by Flybynight2