Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:29 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokiou View Post
Hey guys,

I was curious can i run a 2s 1550mah 25c battery on my funcub? Other then low flight times what else should i look out for ?
depends... if you where previously running 3s, and you plane on running 2s on the EXACT same setup, then you will get a number of things.

-less power

-less amp draw

-short flight times

-lower weight (possible balancing issues.. just depends)

thats about it.

but you can setup a funcub with a 2s setup and get is to fly fine.. just requires a new motor/prop combo.

hope this helps!

-Colin
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:10 AM
Australia, VIC, Coburg
Joined Oct 2007
634 Posts
Thanks for that Colin

atm im running Turnigy 3530/14 1100kv 11x4 prop with a hobbywing 40a pentium. do think that it should hold up fine?
pokiou is offline Find More Posts by pokiou
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:27 AM
Agricultural flyer
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Aug 2007
508 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for that Colin

atm im running Turnigy 3530/14 1100kv 11x4 prop with a hobbywing 40a pentium. do think that it should hold up fine?
I run a similar setup on a 2 cell 2200mA/hr and get good performance on a 12 X 6. Take off on rough grass less than 10ft and flight times up to 15mins cruising at half throttle with a bit of full chat fun stuff thrown in - loops, rolls, inverted etc.
mixer421 is offline Find More Posts by mixer421
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:41 AM
Australia, VIC, Coburg
Joined Oct 2007
634 Posts
nice well all i can say is that this plane is EPIC!! my first ever maiden flight form take off to landing !!! i had a f4u UMX which is fun but meh.. THIS plane is so simple to fly. I mean it flew with 1 aileron connect when one came off and i didnt notice it!!! i mean how much more stable can you get?

I took her up with my 2cell 1550mah 25c battery and it took off in 10ft also!! love it i'm so in love with this plane, next plane i get from multiplex will be the MPX dog fighter for sure. The quality is amazing and the people watching it. I promise you i had a family of about 6-7 cheering every time the plane did a flip . Dogs, forget it chasing the plane all around a massive field. i did my first landing perfect.. 2nd was a touch and go and 3rd was a full stop. i love it. i even went through a puddle when i landed, thank god for those massive wheels lol.. got mud all over it so i left it. it looks like a real bush plane haha. So sorry if im rambling but GOD I LOVE MPX FUNCUB!!!!!!
pokiou is offline Find More Posts by pokiou
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:23 AM
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
nice well all i can say is that this plane is EPIC!! my first ever maiden flight form take off to landing !!! i had a f4u UMX which is fun but meh.. THIS plane is so simple to fly. I mean it flew with 1 aileron connect when one came off and i didnt notice it!!! i mean how much more stable can you get?

I took her up with my 2cell 1550mah 25c battery and it took off in 10ft also!! love it i'm so in love with this plane, next plane i get from multiplex will be the MPX dog fighter for sure. The quality is amazing and the people watching it. I promise you i had a family of about 6-7 cheering every time the plane did a flip . Dogs, forget it chasing the plane all around a massive field. i did my first landing perfect.. 2nd was a touch and go and 3rd was a full stop. i love it. i even went through a puddle when i landed, thank god for those massive wheels lol.. got mud all over it so i left it. it looks like a real bush plane haha. So sorry if im rambling but GOD I LOVE MPX FUNCUB!!!!!!
im glad you love it as much as i do
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:00 PM
Westchester IL.
Joined Sep 2003
23 Posts
During a garage break in the wing to my funcub was broken I have a NIB Multiplex power set what else can I do with it? I mostly fly 40 size sport planes. Greg
gmeyer is offline Find More Posts by gmeyer
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeyer View Post
During a garage break in the wing to my funcub was broken I have a NIB Multiplex power set what else can I do with it? I mostly fly 40 size sport planes. Greg
you can buy another funcub
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:03 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,847 Posts
Quote:
Or you can try to sell it on here. Let me know if you do.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:28 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,949 Posts
Quote:
Try Glue

... and fly it anyway - it's amazing what you can get away with on foamies

New Mpx wing is also a possibility

Or just post me the power setup and I will sell it to someone for a profit and you will never hear from me again
(Put it together and fly it mate!)

BTW - that setup will pull a light weight setup like a HK SLICK on 4s.
mutha is offline Find More Posts by mutha
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:22 PM
Joined Jan 2007
550 Posts
motor weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeedge63 View Post
it is for sure 134g's. I looked up the manufacture specs.
Here is a link to MPX USA that lists the weight of the motor at 79 grams

http://www.multiplexusa.com/power-an...ower-pack.html
bubbleman is offline Find More Posts by bubbleman
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:14 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Feb 2012
12 Posts
Then multiplexusa is wrong. Here's a link to mfr's site... http://www.maxxprod.com/pdf/HC3516-0840.pdf
mw757 is offline Find More Posts by mw757
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:13 PM
Joined Jan 2007
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw757 View Post
Then multiplexusa is wrong. Here's a link to mfr's site... http://www.maxxprod.com/pdf/HC3516-0840.pdf

the MPX site lists the motor as 28mm dia and 33 long. 79 grams would be about right for a motor of that size. I agree the MPX site is coo-coo
bubbleman is offline Find More Posts by bubbleman
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:27 PM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jun 2001
226 Posts
Quote:
One reason I have so many foamies now is because they are so easily repairable. White Gorilla glue is your friend.
wjjones is offline Find More Posts by wjjones
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:21 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Feb 2009
1,287 Posts
Are the easy cub floats that tower hobbies sells compatable with the funcub? Also how are these floats in the snow?
yellowcolorado is offline Find More Posts by yellowcolorado
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:24 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcolorado View Post
Are the easy cub floats that tower hobbies sells compatable with the funcub? Also how are these floats in the snow?
Easy Cub and Fun Cub use the same set of floats:

MPX Part#: 733063

You can also use them for snow - preferably with some tape at the bottom.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig