SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:28 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Thanks guys. I was thinking about trying it as a 2 piece wing at first, then if I don't like that, I'll glue them together.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:35 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Thanks guys. I was thinking about trying it as a 2 piece wing at first, then if I don't like that, I'll glue them together.
mine is 2 peice... havent had one ounce of problem with it either... a little easier to fit into tighter places as well.
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Last edited by knifeedge63; Oct 04, 2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:43 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeedge63 View Post
mine is 2 peice... havent had one once of problem with it either... a little easier to fit into tighter places as well.
Yeah, that's what I was hoping.
zmonster97 is online now Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:49 PM
I can crash anything
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined May 2012
177 Posts
Quote:
I also do a 2 piece. The only thing I did was put onE of the spreaders on each side so when I put the wing screws in there is one on each side. Works great and I made a transport box out of the original shipping box.
Rescuejim is offline Find More Posts by Rescuejim
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:54 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
Mine is 2 piece from day one with no problems, but I never break it down either.
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:47 AM
What's up with that?
United States, CA, Clearlake Oaks
Joined Jul 2011
1,765 Posts
Hey Guys! On the acetone - Elapor is resistant (I used quite a bit of stripping the green from my original paint scheme) but if you get too crazy with it, it will change the skin texture (kinda like reptile skin for lack of a better description!) ALSO - my plastic fittings started to craze after a brief exposure to acetone so if exposed long enough it could soften and/or melt them! The acetone is also excellent for paint and decal prep - Just moisten a paper towel with a small amount (not sopping wet) and wipe down prior to painting to remove the mold release. If you wipe the area where your applying the decals with it, the decals will adhere like crazy! Don't try this on a painted surface though! ~ Robin
cubcrafter60 is online now Find More Posts by cubcrafter60
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:38 AM
Joined Sep 2011
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyg76 View Post
glued mine together, but I drive an F250. No transport problems here...
And I have this:

and transportation is not an issue. Just take off the 2 plastic bolts holding the wing to the fuselage. Fits in there just fine. If it can fit into my little electric car, it can fit into ANY car!

Hopefully BuddyElectric can fit in a 24V/60Amp wire so I can charge my PL8 at full throttle We will see in 2 weeks what they can do.
beamen is offline Find More Posts by beamen
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:27 AM
Braselton Ga
Joined Apr 2009
507 Posts
beamen, You need to put velcro on top of that car. If the battery goes dead stick the FunCub on top and keep going.
LannyT2 is online now Find More Posts by LannyT2
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:34 AM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jun 2001
226 Posts
Quote:
I glued mine into a one-piece and it fits in my Subaru wagon with room to spare.

Much earlier in this thread this topic came up at least a couple times. Some people gave their reasoning why a one piece wing was better, but the reasons escape me now.

I'll come clean: I glued mine together by mistake. Still, I think the one piece is handier, and I'm going to do the same to my Mentor and Easy Cub.
wjjones is offline Find More Posts by wjjones
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined Oct 2011
12 Posts
Here is my first experience with the leds. I love the night flight.

FunCub Night Fligth (3 min 2 sec)
Banhas is offline Find More Posts by Banhas
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:09 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,706 Posts
well i finally crashed my funcub , "bad enough to warrant getting a new one".
last weekend i crashed twice . first time i was flying formation with a sinsea , lost sight of the sinsea . and instead of focusing on my ship i lost track of mine just long enough for it to crash into a tree from around 70 feet, repaired it . got it flying again , and i crashed again ,i was using a heavier battery ,than i usually do, and on top of that i forgot to raise my flaps . i was doing a low pass turn over the tree line, she stalled and slammed into a small tree, this time the fusalage broke in half near the wings the front cowl swelled up from front impact the inside plastic motor mounts cracked in half both of them ,
the ship looked like a totall loss i took it home and repaired it , but the plane looks beat up so its being commisioned for night flying only
this is one of my favorite planes so i need to have another one . for day usage
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:14 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banhas View Post
Here is my first experience with the leds. I love the night flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mJf46KjOvE
looks great. im planning on doing the same thing to mine now that its taken a beating( too many crashes , and the last two on the same day so its to the point that it can be called frankencub .
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:36 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,484 Posts
Can a novice with no real model airplane building experience assemble a Fun Cub easy enough,, are the instructions that come with it clear and complete? I know how to use CA and hand tools and have been flying ARF/RTF foamies for some time now but have never put together a kit from scratch. I've been waiting (and waiting) for the receiver ready Fun Cub, I'm tired of waiting.

Thank you!
itsme2 is online now Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:37 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,484 Posts
Can a novice with no real model airplane building experience assemble a Fun Cub easy enough, are the instructions that come with it clear and complete? I know how to use CA and hand tools and have been flying ARF/RTF foamies for some time now but have never put together a kit from scratch. I've been waiting (and waiting) for the receiver ready Fun Cub, I'm tired of waiting.

Thank you!
itsme2 is online now Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:50 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
Can a novice with no real model airplane building experience assemble a Fun Cub easy enough, are the instructions that come with it clear and complete? I know how to use CA and hand tools and have been flying ARF/RTF foamies for some time now but have never put together a kit from scratch. I've been waiting (and waiting) for the receiver ready Fun Cub, I'm tired of waiting.

Thank you!
This airplane is super easy to put togethar just read the instructions carefully, and if you need help, you can default back to this thread! Just take your time, and you should be more than fine
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63