HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:51 PM
Registered User
mckolit's Avatar
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
Took my fun cub up this morning and it didn't start well and ended bad. After I plugged everything in I go for half flaps and one of the flaps isn't moving. Servo is dead. I went to fly anyway because everything else was okay. Flew the pack out and went to land and this is how it ended up

Crashed right into the back of my car. I had been landing with full flaps the last time I flew and was just carrying too much speed. Fuse split up front, tail end almost broken off, landing gear torn completely off. Nothing a little ca can fix. Fixing it now and got so liberal with the ca almost glued a couple fingers together
mckolit is online now Find More Posts by mckolit
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:12 PM
Registered User
Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2006
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckolit View Post
Took my fun cub up this morning and it didn't start well and ended bad. After I plugged everything in I go for half flaps and one of the flaps isn't moving. Servo is dead. I went to fly anyway because everything else was okay. Flew the pack out and went to land and this is how it ended up

Crashed right into the back of my car. I had been landing with full flaps the last time I flew and was just carrying too much speed. Fuse split up front, tail end almost broken off, landing gear torn completely off. Nothing a little ca can fix. Fixing it now and got so liberal with the ca almost glued a couple fingers together
Bummer! What's the black material under the wing and what's it for, support?
ichiban is offline Find More Posts by ichiban
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:18 PM
Registered User
mckolit's Avatar
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
Bummer! What's the black material under the wing and what's it for, support?
Wings are just colored black underneath with a large sharpie. It's for visibility. Heard from a glider guy that black was a good color for wing bottoms.

The patient eagerly waiting for its chance to get back out again.
mckolit is online now Find More Posts by mckolit
Last edited by mckolit; Sep 26, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:08 PM
Registered User
3171scott's Avatar
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedsterDEN View Post
Just this, + (sometimes we lift the alula same way):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyM7D-7SVyo

Instead we do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJxqubTcoi4

With this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TYlsgfwul0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIHVbrN52WM

Rolling circle at 0:45
(Older and Smaller motor)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywoTDd2N344

Or on windy days I do this:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abdJz9d1Hho

Cheers
S
Loved the vids!!! Thanks!!!!
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:33 PM
Dr John
pmpjohn's Avatar
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman320 View Post
PMPJOHN - Nice gear! Is the additional weight much of a factor and does it lower the nose at all where prop dings would be a factor with larger props?

Thanks!
I have a lot more additional weight in the E Flight Power 25 motor, 4s 3300mah batt so I haven't noticed any problem. I never flew the plane stock so don't ask for comparisons. Sitting on all three wheels there is 9 3/4" under the prop hub. Tail up still leaves 8" clearance.
I had reported earlier of removing 2 of 4 Orings on each shock but that proved to be to soft. I have put 1 back on each side. Since I am currently at the E Nall I plan to get in a lot of flying the next few days. I will report on this setup soon.

John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:56 PM
Aus
ʎןɟ inverted ɹǝpunuʍop
Aus's Avatar
Australia, ACT, Amaroo
Joined Jul 2011
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckolit View Post
Took my fun cub up this morning and it didn't start well and ended bad. After I plugged everything in I go for half flaps and one of the flaps isn't moving. Servo is dead. I went to fly anyway because everything else was okay. Flew the pack out and went to land and this is how it ended up

Crashed right into the back of my car. I had been landing with full flaps the last time I flew and was just carrying too much speed. Fuse split up front, tail end almost broken off, landing gear torn completely off. Nothing a little ca can fix. Fixing it now and got so liberal with the ca almost glued a couple fingers together
Any damage to the Honda?
Aus is offline Find More Posts by Aus
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:27 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
A Rdnek's Avatar
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
Any damage to the Honda?
Yeah, I think all that black on the bottom of the wing is actually from the Honda.
Rn
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:35 AM
Registered User
mckolit's Avatar
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
Any damage to the Honda?
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Yeah, I think all that black on the bottom of the wing is actually from the Honda.
Rn
No damage. All the dirt on the car protected the paint.
mckolit is online now Find More Posts by mckolit
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:11 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
mutha's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckolit View Post
No damage. All the dirt on the car protected the paint.
This is why I don't fly when it is raining. My car is too clean then
mutha is offline Find More Posts by mutha
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:54 AM
*GRAVITY* I hate it :(
Sparken57's Avatar
USA, CA, Downey
Joined Jan 2010
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordks View Post
No problem. I was actually hoping you were right!

Gord
I do like the multiplex mini mag on Phoenix it will go straight up from takeoff.
Sparken57 is offline Find More Posts by Sparken57
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:34 PM
Registered User
Sweden
Joined Sep 2007
266 Posts
Here's a video I just got done editing. The footage is just about 2 months old. Looking back at the summer that went by too fast.

Multiplex Fun Cub on floats in sunset (5 min 34 sec)
Freddan is offline Find More Posts by Freddan
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:50 PM
GLM
AMA 209854
GLM's Avatar
Check Six!
Joined Oct 2003
1,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddan View Post
Here's a video I just got done editing. The footage is just about 2 months old. Looking back at the summer that went by too fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7hefE53Uu8

Beauty!

Cheers!

Gary
GLM is online now Find More Posts by GLM
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:56 PM
Registered User
Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2006
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddan View Post
Here's a video I just got done editing. The footage is just about 2 months old. Looking back at the summer that went by too fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7hefE53Uu8
Relaxing video You had some nice one touch landings
ichiban is offline Find More Posts by ichiban
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:00 PM
Registered User
Australia, VIC, Coburg
Joined Oct 2007
607 Posts
Guys i started building mine last night and ran into a problem. I got the alloy motor mount and i cant fit the motor for the life of me. The measurements are the same as the HimaX kit only shorter motor. I cant seem to get it to fit to the mount! SO close to finishing this project yet so far cause of this.

I'll link the motor:

http://www.hobbyman.com.au/C2836_das...h_750KV/pd.php

which have the messurements of

Specification
Rotational Speed :750 (kv) RPM/V
Continuous Current :20A
Max. Current :28A
Input Voltage :6 - 14.8V
Max. Efficiency :98%
No Load Current :0.6A
Internal Resistance : 143m(Omega)
Motor Weight (Motor only) : 67g
Motor Dimensions (Diameter x Length) : 28* 36mm
Propeller Dimensions : 10 x 8.5/ 11 x 10/ 12 x 6
Input Battery Types : NiCd/ Nimh/ Li-po Battery
Recommend Model : Airplane


please help i wanna FunCub it this weekend lol!
pokiou is online now Find More Posts by pokiou
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:26 AM
Will it ever Fly?
Flybynight2's Avatar
United States, SD, Platte
Joined Nov 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokiou View Post
Guys i started building mine last night and ran into a problem. I got the alloy motor mount and i cant fit the motor for the life of me. The measurements are the same as the HimaX kit only shorter motor. I cant seem to get it to fit to the mount! SO close to finishing this project yet so far cause of this.

I'll link the motor:

http://www.hobbyman.com.au/C2836_das...h_750KV/pd.php

which have the messurements of

Specification
Rotational Speed :750 (kv) RPM/V
Continuous Current :20A
Max. Current :28A
Input Voltage :6 - 14.8V
Max. Efficiency :98%
No Load Current :0.6A
Internal Resistance : 143m(Omega)
Motor Weight (Motor only) : 67g
Motor Dimensions (Diameter x Length) : 28* 36mm
Propeller Dimensions : 10 x 8.5/ 11 x 10/ 12 x 6
Input Battery Types : NiCd/ Nimh/ Li-po Battery
Recommend Model : Airplane


please help i wanna FunCub it this weekend lol!
How about a pic of how you are trying to mount the motor.
Flybynight2 is offline Find More Posts by Flybynight2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fun Cub sinowace Hitec/Multiplex USA 14 Oct 09, 2011 04:43 PM
Discussion Multiplex Fun Jet at the lake bah7566 FPV Talk 31 Jan 03, 2010 09:19 AM
For Sale Multiplex Fun Jet -- PRICE DROP Toby W Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 28, 2009 09:51 AM
Video Multiplex Fun Jet FPV set up test bah7566 Electric Plane Talk 0 Dec 25, 2009 10:05 PM
Wanted multiplex fun-jet or trade! heli123 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 14, 2009 11:02 AM