SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:34 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3171scott View Post
Hello, Iím very interested in one of these fun cubs! Iím a 3DHS Junky and just a couple of weeks ago hade the pleasure of holding and watching there Prototype EPP Bigfoot. There was a guy flying a fun cub with Ben from 3DHS and the were having a ball slow flying and having contests who could drag one wheel the farthest down the run way. The prto is about a year away from production and I want to PLAY!!!!

So here is my Question for you allÖ.. Are there and what are the best mods and setups for this plane? I want the plane to be as aerobatic as it can be! The thread is to long to try to look through. Anything on flaps? Stiffeners? Set ups?

Planning on making a purchase soon, Thanks Scoot.
if your familiar with 3dhs stuff i am litterally running an entire combo from a 3dhs 48" edge in my funcub, the only thing i did was prop down to a 13x6.5 for some longer flights and extra ground/water clearance
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
I am trying to make use of a motor that I have laying around. I put it on my Fun Cub (not going for 3D), with the following setup: 10 x 7 prop, 60 amp exceed esc, rimfire .10 motor (1250kv), and 2200 3s 40c battery. I got the following numbers with this setup: 33 amps, and 357 watts. Is this setup good enough for now? Should I use a different prop?
ufale is offline Find More Posts by ufale
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:10 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
4,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufale View Post
I am trying to make use of a motor that I have laying around. I put it on my Fun Cub (not going for 3D), with the following setup: 10 x 7 prop, 60 amp exceed esc, rimfire .10 motor (1250kv), and 2200 3s 40c battery. I got the following numbers with this setup: 33 amps, and 357 watts. Is this setup good enough for now? Should I use a different prop?
That's a solid start. I currently have a 250 watt set up and it that will go vertical and hover with a good battery.
electrich is online now Find More Posts by electrich
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:37 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Feb 2009
1,287 Posts
DOes anyone have any suggestions of braces for the wings? Does the wong flex much without them?
yellowcolorado is online now Find More Posts by yellowcolorado
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:11 AM
Whad'ya mean over engineered?
United States, CA, Clearlake Oaks
Joined Jul 2011
1,647 Posts
yellowcolorado - IMHO - If your building a 'stock' FunCub for regular flying you shouldn't need wing struts, if however, your mods increase the weight or your flying leans towards the extreme, you may want to consider them! I've seen several with them on the thread but greedyg76's comes to mind, he's got pics on his blog and I seem to remember he posted some of the mounting details somewhere on this thread. (post #11076 page 739)!
FWIW - The only time I saw my wings 'flex' on my original 'stock' FunCub was when I pulled HARD out of a loop. ~ Robin
cubcrafter60 is offline Find More Posts by cubcrafter60
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:33 AM
Flap flier
Sweden
Joined Aug 2011
325 Posts
Happened to see the D-EFUN original and it's not a taildragger! MPX seems to have liked the name.
Flahultarn is offline Find More Posts by Flahultarn
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:05 AM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flahultarn View Post
Happened to see the D-EFUN original and it's not a taildragger! MPX seems to have liked the name.
ha awesome! c150! lol.
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:22 AM
Athens
Joined Oct 2009
751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufale View Post
More than good enough. You ll have plenty of power, but you might want to later use a 9x6 prop to extend your flight time a little.
My current setup (3536 1200kV + 9x6 aerodrive) at half throttle gives 1000gr of thrust at ~30Amp ~300watt ---> more than enough for a 1100gr plane.
Also you can later replace your 60a ESC with a smaller(cheaper) 40a, and save it for another project.
dk31 is offline Find More Posts by dk31
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:00 AM
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk31 View Post
More than good enough. You ll have plenty of power, but you might want to later use a 9x6 prop to extend your flight time a little.
My current setup (3536 1200kV + 9x6 aerodrive) at half throttle gives 1000gr of thrust at ~30Amp ~300watt ---> more than enough for a 1100gr plane.
Also you can later replace your 60a ESC with a smaller(cheaper) 40a, and save it for another project.
Thanks! I am going to switch to a 9 x 6 prop. I only used the 60 amp exceed because I had it sitting on the shelf. It was so cheap (Hobby Partz) that I figured that it must be inferior. So far, it seems to be working pretty good.
ufale is offline Find More Posts by ufale
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:28 PM
Australia, NSW, Harrington Park
Joined Apr 2008
211 Posts
I have looked on the blog by greedyg76 for images of the Fun Cub but cannot find any.
I have tried opening the images on post #11076 without success.

Has anyone any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60 View Post
yellowcolorado - IMHO - If your building a 'stock' FunCub for regular flying you shouldn't need wing struts, if however, your mods increase the weight or your flying leans towards the extreme, you may want to consider them! I've seen several with them on the thread but greedyg76's comes to mind, he's got pics on his blog and I seem to remember he posted some of the mounting details somewhere on this thread. (post #11076 page 739)!
FWIW - The only time I saw my wings 'flex' on my original 'stock' FunCub was when I pulled HARD out of a loop. ~ Robin
aerotony is offline Find More Posts by aerotony
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:37 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
4,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotony View Post
I have looked on the blog by greedyg76 for images of the Fun Cub but cannot find any.
I have tried opening the images on post #11076 without success.

Has anyone any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?
Tony
Just go to page 739 of the thread. The pics look fine on my computer
electrich is online now Find More Posts by electrich
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:24 PM
Australia, NSW, Harrington Park
Joined Apr 2008
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich View Post
Just go to page 739 of the thread. The pics look fine on my computer
elechtric,
Thanks for the response.
Looks like Google Chrome could be blocking the links but with a bit of a struggle Internet Explorer eventually has come up with something.

Still no success with any images on the blog for greedyg76.
Are there images there?
Tony
aerotony is offline Find More Posts by aerotony
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:37 PM
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotony View Post
elechtric,
Thanks for the response.
Looks like Google Chrome could be blocking the links but with a bit of a struggle Internet Explorer eventually has come up with something.

Still no success with any images on the blog for greedyg76.
Are there images there?
Tony
Try this
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=11076
mckolit is online now Find More Posts by mckolit
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:44 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Feb 2009
1,287 Posts
I was thinking about picking up a set of these. What do you guys think?

http://secure.hobbyzone.com/search/HBZ7122.html
yellowcolorado is online now Find More Posts by yellowcolorado
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:41 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcolorado View Post
I was thinking about picking up a set of these. What do you guys think?

http://secure.hobbyzone.com/search/HBZ7122.html
they will be too small, and they are crap quality. too brittle. the are flexible and such which really isnt what you want.
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63