HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:21 PM
Victoria B.C. Canada
Joined Aug 2007
217 Posts
Nice to hear some things are still made here in North America.
robbthepilot is offline Find More Posts by robbthepilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:15 PM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK13 View Post
No doubt I would buy domestic if there a was a similar design!
The USA available designed aluminum mounts are OK but I think much less refined.

Joe
Bull Pucky Define how more refined they are.
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Last edited by Raften; Jul 27, 2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:23 PM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
I see no problem with a Korean motor mount.
Mike F
I do, we buy the plane from those places because no one in US makes it but the motor mounts, buy it here. There is a member of the forums who has a small shop and makes quality stuff. He and others like him should get our support. I have a lifetime of machine shop time, both large and small and I have watched off shore shops ruin many good US shops. What kind of a country will we become if we have to import everything. Off my soap box.
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:24 PM
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Nov 2011
235 Posts
Germany and Korea are two countries we never had an issue, problem nor war with so I don't see a confict..............oh wait a min...
B dog is offline Find More Posts by B dog
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:58 PM
Joined Feb 2009
122 Posts
Hi Guys, What seems to be the recommened prop size for float flying, I am going to try tomarrow, and forgot the size...I have the stock motor set up and the funcub floats, also did it change the cg much with the swap? thank in advance for the help jim
burnzy is offline Find More Posts by burnzy
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:04 PM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,332 Posts
Jim, I have the stock recommended himax 840kv motor with a 13x4 APC prop. Plenty of power. I notice no difference flying with the floats on or off.....this is such a forgiving plane. Actually I've never even measured my CG and have flown everything from 1800 to 2450mah packs and can't notice a difference in flight characteristics.

I don't know what kind of batteries you're using, but a 30+ C rating helps a lot. She's a lot more "sluggish" with 20c packs on this set up. You'll absolutely love this thing on the water!
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:29 PM
Whad'ya mean over engineered?
United States, CA, Clearlake Oaks
Joined Jul 2011
1,409 Posts
Call this a shameless plug if you want - http://smallpartscnc.com/index.php?r...&product_id=54 - I've dealt with Terry (sotog on here on RC Groups) on several occasions, great guy to deal with, great quality, and his line is really expanding! ~ Robin
cubcrafter60 is offline Find More Posts by cubcrafter60
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:32 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
3,929 Posts
The aluminum motor mount is a essential addition to the fun cub.
electrich is online now Find More Posts by electrich
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:36 PM
I can crash anything
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined May 2012
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60 View Post
Call this a shameless plug if you want - http://smallpartscnc.com/index.php?r...&product_id=54 - I've dealt with Terry (sotog on here on RC Groups) on several occasions, great guy to deal with, great quality, and his line is really expanding! ~ Robin
I agree, great service, great product, fast shipping. Will be my number one choice for any future mounts.
Rescuejim is online now Find More Posts by Rescuejim
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:56 PM
cheapskate extroardinairé
United States, CA, Marin
Joined Jul 2011
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich View Post
The aluminum motor mount is a essential addition to the fun cub.
really? i have no problems at all using the plastic one (even a a good 700 watts)
baconflyer is offline Find More Posts by baconflyer
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:24 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
3,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconflyer View Post
really? i have no problems at all using the plastic one (even a a good 700 watts)
For me it was. None of my motors mounting patterns would match up with the plastic hole. I like 4 screws, not 2
electrich is online now Find More Posts by electrich
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:01 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
I hope its ok to post a couple of Easy Cub questions here. A friend and I are assembling a pair of EC's ,,As far as painting would 400 then 600 wet sandpaper be ok or just 600, or should we just mono or ultrakote??

Also ours came with the MPX tiny s servos-aka HS-81 that are glued in that I'm not a fan of and were not sure if we should change them out for something better esp. before painting, I have some plastic gear 9 gm digitals or some mg-14's. These are going to be just elevator-rudder. Thank you for any help.
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by keyman923; Jul 27, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:51 PM
GLM
AMA 209854
Check Six!
Joined Oct 2003
1,446 Posts
The quintessential RC bush plane

Speaking of American made

I’d like to introduce a FunCub Accessory Kit for this quintessential RC bush plane.

It consists of a pair of 90 degree capable flap servo covers, a pair of aileron servo covers, an air intake cap and rudder and elevator servo covers.

The FunCub Accessory Kit is made for the pilot that likes to fly the aircraft in less forgiving environments - over water, flying fields with tall grass and rough dirt strips. You know - The Bush!

Who can’t fall in love with this fantastic chunk of foam – I can’t help myself – it’s a sickness. I’ve been flying it exclusively for the last several weeks and look forward to the next time.

I’ve got some other goodies on the way for it – a laser cut floor and some sort of laser cut stiffener for the front end – just hasn’t come to me yet…

Thanks for lookin!

Cheers!

Gary
GLM is offline Find More Posts by GLM
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:02 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM View Post
Speaking of American made

I’d like to introduce a FunCub Accessory Kit for this quintessential RC bush plane.

It consists of a pair of 90 degree capable flap servo covers, a pair of aileron servo covers, an air intake cap and rudder and elevator servo covers.

The FunCub Accessory Kit is made for the pilot that likes to fly the aircraft in less forgiving environments - over water, flying fields with tall grass and rough dirt strips. You know - The Bush!

Who can’t fall in love with this fantastic chunk of foam – I can’t help myself – it’s a sickness. I’ve been flying it exclusively for the last several weeks and look forward to the next time.

I’ve got some other goodies on the way for it – a laser cut floor and some sort of laser cut stiffener for the front end – just hasn’t come to me yet…

Thanks for lookin!

Cheers!

Gary
Gary,

You are right, it is a sickness.

The laser cut stiffener for the front end should be a hit since the plane lacks a real front firewall.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:08 PM
GLM
AMA 209854
Check Six!
Joined Oct 2003
1,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Gary,

You are right, it is a sickness.

The laser cut stiffer for the front end should be a hit since the plane lacks a real front firewall.

Bill
Hi Bill,

I'm thinking of incorporating the stiffener with the floor if I can - so it can snap together inside the already built fuse for the existing fleet of planes out there now.

Any ideas?

Gary
GLM is offline Find More Posts by GLM