HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:04 AM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2007
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B dog View Post
I looked up the size of the 81's and they are indentical to the 82MG's and that servo will not fit into the wing cut outs. The HS-55's do fit but have some wiggle room. So my question is when you say, "I use the 55's on some lighter models" are you telling my not to use the HS-55's? Again I was planning on using these for the aleron and flaps only, 82MG's for the tail control.
TIA,
Brian
I think that sounds great. The 82MG will fit perfectly (basically same size as HS81) and the HS-55's might have some wiggle room but you could either just put som extra hot glue to bridge the gap or glue in a small piece of wood to fill the space.
Freddan is offline Find More Posts by Freddan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:07 AM
Athens
Joined Oct 2009
751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFlapper View Post
Sorry! I'm not telling you to not use the 55's. I prefer the 81's and made the wing cut out larger for them. The 55's will work and are OK to use. Again, sorry for giving you the wrong impression.
Dick
I think Hitec 81 are not necessary for the wing. I used 4 9gr hxt servos and never had any issues. You might save a lot $ this way.
I ve also used the 81s for elevator and rudder
dk31 is offline Find More Posts by dk31
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:28 AM
ČeskŠ republika, Jihomoravskż, Brno
Joined May 2011
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Tighten everything really really tight up in the front. That's what I did and I ahve no vibes with a decent power setup winging a 12x6.

I hated the 13x4, I probably already mentioned that though. Godd example of why we need some pitch on propellers
That's right, too low pitch makes the motor overspeed and induce vibes. I had issues with smaller diameter and low pitch prop, now I'm extremely happy with 13x6.5. Castle logs showed a 12x5 going over 13000RPM when it vibrated
baui2000 is offline Find More Posts by baui2000
Old Jun 21, 2012, 05:09 AM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2007
266 Posts
I was out flying yesterday. Flew 2 packs (my third and fourth flights with the funcub). My fourth flight lasted 17 minutes on one 3s 2,2Ah battery and after 10 minutes rest the battery was at 3.78V per cell. Battery took about 1450 mAh to charge back up again. So if I want I could fly 20 minutes on one pack. =)
That's mostly very slow flying though and alot of slow start and landings but I have my timer linked to throttle so that's 17 minutes of motor time.

I'm using a 920kV motor (about 130 grams I think), and an APC 12x6 prop.
Freddan is offline Find More Posts by Freddan
Old Jun 21, 2012, 05:33 AM
Life is simple Eat, Sleep, Fly
Germany, RP, Kaiserslautern
Joined Oct 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddan View Post
I was out flying yesterday. Flew 2 packs (my third and fourth flights with the funcub). My fourth flight lasted 17 minutes on one 3s 2,2Ah battery and after 10 minutes rest the battery was at 3.78V per cell. Battery took about 1450 mAh to charge back up again. So if I want I could fly 20 minutes on one pack. =)
That's mostly very slow flying though and alot of slow start and landings but I have my timer linked to throttle so that's 17 minutes of motor time.

I'm using a 920kV motor (about 130 grams I think), and an APC 12x6 prop.
Yep 12x6 is a good size prop. I have tried everything from 11x5.5 to 13x8 and the best all around seems to be the 12x6 and 12x8. The extra ground clearance comes in handy on bumpy handings.
Timewarp is offline Find More Posts by Timewarp
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:36 AM
Smooth not Shaky
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Nov 2011
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDestroyer View Post
That pic helps a lot! Thanks! The kit comes with a plastic crossbar. How does the wooden one removr the vibrations though? Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just don't want to ruin my FC by vibrations. Lol
My kit did not have a crossbar, this must be a change in the Kit. Earlier kits did not have a plastic crossbar. Multiplex must have listened to the comments made and the fixes in this forum.
Dick
EFlapper is offline Find More Posts by EFlapper
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined Sep 2007
187 Posts
I just put one together a week ago, no crossbar., no vibrations with 500+ watts on the front.
mflander is offline Find More Posts by mflander
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:56 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,024 Posts
Perhaps i need a higher pitch prop
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jun 21, 2012, 02:12 PM
Melbourne, FL
Joined Dec 2004
1,040 Posts
New Cub in the neighborhood

Itís been a while since I have posted anything here. My pink FunCub is still going strong. Iíve lost count on how many flights it has on it but I have bought, built, flown, and sold a half dozen + airplanes of all sizes and type since I built it.

Here are a few pics of my co-worker, Davidís new FunCub. David is a real detail kind of guy and his FunCub shows it. All of the trim with the exception of the pin striping is low temp iron on covering. David did a great job applying the covering. It looks like itís painted on. Power is a Hacker A30-14L turning an APCe 13x6.5.

Danny
F1 Rocket is offline Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 22, 2012, 01:46 AM
YOLO with airplanes!!!!!!!
Botswana, South-East, Gaborone
Joined Jan 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinske View Post
I've contacted Multiplex at their service support web site and they advise April delivery in the US, with March delivery in Germany. Like you, I'll believe it when it happens. I'm really looking forward to buying one. The FunCub looks like great airplane, particularly for older guys, like me. I now own two MiniMags, a Easystar, and a Mentor. Love them all! Tower Hobbies isn't aware of the FunCub yet, which is why I went directly to Multiplex. Like in all things worth while, patience is a virtue.
tower hobbies does have the fun cub!!
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXZWL8&P=ML
wildafrican is offline Find More Posts by wildafrican
Old Jun 22, 2012, 03:35 AM
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Feb 2010
44 Posts
N/a
ronmen is offline Find More Posts by ronmen
Old Jun 22, 2012, 03:37 AM
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Feb 2010
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalneyCol View Post
I was on my way through the lake district yesterday and found a georgous little valley I couldn't resist having a quick fly in. Sadly the gopro's memory was about full but I still managed to get a few minutes worth for posterity.

Col.
Hi Col,
Great video.
Can you share what is the FPV setup and camera location on the aircraft?
And how you managed to get rid of the black strips? I suffer from worst stripes on my (cheap) camera

Thanks,
Old Jun 22, 2012, 03:45 AM
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Feb 2010
44 Posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 05:24 AM
Seafax ROV
United Kingdom, Barrow-in-Furness
Joined Feb 2011
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmen View Post
Hi Col,
Great video.
Can you share what is the FPV setup and camera location on the aircraft?
And how you managed to get rid of the black strips? I suffer from worst stripes on my (cheap) camera

Thanks,
My FPV backpack (board cam and vtx) is velcroed to the top of the wing beside the gopro and fed 12v from the battery ballance port. What you're seeing here though
Multiplex Funcub over Ill Bell (3 min 32 sec)
is the footage from the gopro which is in it's regular waterproof case and attached by a 5mm countersunk steel screw (in place of the stock plastic front wing mount screw) which passes through the middle of an adhesive gopro mount that sits right on top of the front wing mounting screw hole. I had to permanently glue the wings together to feel safe mounting the gopro there but I also did other fpv/cg related mods which you can see 8m 20s into the following video.

(yes I know it says skywalker sirius but I talk about my funcub 8 mins in)
Skywalker Sirius one month on (12 min 28 sec)

Col.
WalneyCol is offline Find More Posts by WalneyCol
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:28 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,024 Posts
Nice vids
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29