HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:16 PM
The Crash King
United States, OH, Richfield
Joined Mar 2010
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFlapper View Post
Yes, several custom motor mounts of aluminum are available. There is one from Sotog who flys a funcub and contributes to this thread. Go to this website

http://www.smallpartscnc.com/

Dick

thanks!! Is that metal motor mount all it takes to remove vibrations? Also, are there any additional tricks that help remove vibrations?
RCDestroyer is offline Find More Posts by RCDestroyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:54 PM
Victoria B.C. Canada
Joined Aug 2007
217 Posts
I use the plastic mount that came with the kit and have never had any vibrations. I do not see how the aluminum one would stop the vibration. Mount it properly and you will have no problem.
robbthepilot is offline Find More Posts by robbthepilot
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:29 PM
Sweden
Joined Sep 2007
266 Posts
I also use the plastic mount and because my motor didn't really match up I'm actually just using 2 motor screws to hold the motor to the mount but still no vibrations.
Freddan is offline Find More Posts by Freddan
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:01 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
The alloy mount also gives 300% better cooling then the plastic one which does not have any, apart from the small bit of space around the edge.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:11 PM
Smooth not Shaky
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Nov 2011
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDestroyer View Post
thanks!! Is that metal motor mount all it takes to remove vibrations? Also, are there any additional tricks that help remove vibrations?
Yes, I and many have used two tricks to help remove vibrations. First install a piece of square wood dowel between the motor mounts on each side in the slot at the rear of the mount, epoxy in place. second use fiberglass cloth from the front air intake bottom back to the cooling slot in the bottom of the fuselage and epoxy. You need to remove the mold release on this area first with an alcohol wipe. these two steps will stiffen the front of the model which is very flexible.

Dick
EFlapper is offline Find More Posts by EFlapper
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:33 PM
cheapskate extroardinairé
United States, CA, Marin
Joined Jul 2011
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy4753 View Post
So, will we be seeing some videos in the future to enjoy? I just ordered a key-chain camera that I'm going to stick in the windshield @ pilots line of sight for now. I have a complete FPV system in another plane and I think one in a FC could be a lot of fun for rough country takeoffs and landings as well as other strange flying, removed from conventional FPV.
that depends on whether or not the videos show my pathetic landings =)
baconflyer is offline Find More Posts by baconflyer
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:45 PM
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Nov 2011
239 Posts
I'm HiTEC servo confused.

Quote:
None with the 82MG's, I use the 55's on some lighter models but think the 81's are a better choice for the FC.

Dick
I looked up the size of the 81's and they are indentical to the 82MG's and that servo will not fit into the wing cut outs. The HS-55's do fit but have some wiggle room. So my question is when you say, "I use the 55's on some lighter models" are you telling my not to use the HS-55's? Again I was planning on using these for the aleron and flaps only, 82MG's for the tail control.
TIA,
Brian
B dog is offline Find More Posts by B dog
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:50 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,593 Posts
81's for the tail, 55's for the wing!
Kimber is offline Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:47 PM
The Crash King
Joined Mar 2010
209 Posts
Quote:
Yes, I and many have used two tricks to help remove vibrations. First install a piece of square wood dowel between the motor mounts on each side in the slot at the rear of the mount, epoxy in place. second use fiberglass cloth from the front air intake bottom back to the cooling slot in the bottom of the fuselage and epoxy. You need to remove the mold release on this area first with an alcohol wipe. these two steps will stiffen the front of the model which is very flexible.

Dick
Is there a picture of this wooden dowel modification? I'm having a hard time picturing what your saying. Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:39 PM
Big Jim
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Great time trying my new lights
Saturday Night Combat 16 June 12.wmv (13 min 24 sec)
RTF Thumper is offline Find More Posts by RTF Thumper
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:51 PM
Smooth not Shaky
Joined Nov 2011
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B dog View Post
I looked up the size of the 81's and they are indentical to the 82MG's and that servo will not fit into the wing cut outs. The HS-55's do fit but have some wiggle room. So my question is when you say, "I use the 55's on some lighter models" are you telling my not to use the HS-55's? Again I was planning on using these for the aleron and flaps only, 82MG's for the tail control.
TIA,
Brian
Sorry! I'm not telling you to not use the 55's. I prefer the 81's and made the wing cut out larger for them. The 55's will work and are OK to use. Again, sorry for giving you the wrong impression.
Dick
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:03 AM
Smooth not Shaky
Joined Nov 2011
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDestroyer View Post
Is there a picture of this wooden dowel modification? I'm having a hard time picturing what your saying. Thanks!
There , are several posts on this fix way back and hard to find so I hope this picture is good enough to help you understand how.Name: PICT1325.jpg
Views: 218
Size: 173.1 KB
Description:

Name: PICT1326.jpg
Views: 224
Size: 186.3 KB
Description:
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:09 AM
The Crash King
Joined Mar 2010
209 Posts
That pic helps a lot! Thanks! The kit comes with a plastic crossbar. How does the wooden one removr the vibrations though? Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just don't want to ruin my FC by vibrations. Lol
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:19 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,853 Posts
Tighten everything really really tight up in the front. That's what I did and I ahve no vibes with a decent power setup winging a 12x6.

I hated the 13x4, I probably already mentioned that though. Godd example of why we need some pitch on propellers
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:31 AM
This is BAT country!
United States, MI, Ovid
Joined Nov 2003
640 Posts
Why did you hate that prop?
Gonzo 1971 is offline Find More Posts by Gonzo 1971