Get a Fun Cub and come on back!
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:55 AM
Gravity Test in Progress
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Jul 2010
401 Posts
I really like the paint scheme on that Corsair!
.Steve is offline Find More Posts by .Steve
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:34 PM
Big Jim
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Need a little help on the tail wheel wire bending step. is it bent to 90 degrees in line with the wheel or out to the right and at 90 degrrees? I dont get the instructions?
RTF Thumper is offline Find More Posts by RTF Thumper
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:54 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,778 Posts
90 to the rudder hinge line. Then take two small servo screws and screw it to the rudder control horn and that will keep it strait with no flew or blowing the foam out the side of the rudder.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:16 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper View Post
Need a little help on the tail wheel wire bending step. is it bent to 90 degrees in line with the wheel or out to the right and at 90 degrrees? I dont get the instructions?
Guess you haven't been reading the thread!
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Mar 28, 2012, 01:57 PM
Team LightRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,778 Posts
More testing today

I've tried lots of props on my exceed rocket 3020 950kv. I first tried an apc 12-6sf that flexed and blew the motor and esc on the first flight. I then tried a 13-8 apc E when chad put it on a meter. With that one I was pulling 55amps and I don't remember the watts, probably about 450. I then went with the apc 12-6E and had success with that but at wot it would vibrate like crazy. It was in ballance and the prop was strait, as was the shaft and adapter. So I tried a 13-4 E and it was worse. So I tried a 10-5E for giggles and still, it flexed and vibrated at half throttle. So I tried a top flight 10-7 wood prop because it was very thin and I knew it wouldn't flex and it didn't but it cut my thrust in half. So today I tried an apc 13-10E and no flex or vibration. But after flying about 5 min at 1/4 throttle with oh two 5-8 second bursts of WOT the esc and motor were very warm and the wings would flex up about 10* at wot holding strait and level, l do it's too much prop for sure. So I'll go back to between a 13-8 or 7 or 6.

The problem was that even tho it's a lower kv at just 950 it was under propped and the motor was turning enough rpms to blow the prop out. The 13-8 and 10 had enough drag on the motor that it didn't.

I have new landing gear on the way and will order another 13" E prop and hopefully I can fly this thing like it is for good. LOL
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:45 PM
Gravity Test in Progress
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Jul 2010
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake View Post
I've tried lots of props on my exceed rocket 3020 950kv. I first tried an apc 12-6sf that flexed and blew the motor and esc on the first flight. I then tried a 13-8 apc E when chad put it on a meter. With that one I was pulling 55amps and I don't remember the watts, probably about 450. I then went with the apc 12-6E and had success with that but at wot it would vibrate like crazy. It was in ballance and the prop was strait, as was the shaft and adapter. So I tried a 13-4 E and it was worse. So I tried a 10-5E for giggles and still, it flexed and vibrated at half throttle. So I tried a top flight 10-7 wood prop because it was very thin and I knew it wouldn't flex and it didn't but it cut my thrust in half. So today I tried an apc 13-10E and no flex or vibration. But after flying about 5 min at 1/4 throttle with oh two 5-8 second bursts of WOT the esc and motor were very warm and the wings would flex up about 10* at wot holding strait and level, l do it's too much prop for sure. So I'll go back to between a 13-8 or 7 or 6.

The problem was that even tho it's a lower kv at just 950 it was under propped and the motor was turning enough rpms to blow the prop out. The 13-8 and 10 had enough drag on the motor that it didn't.

I have new landing gear on the way and will order another 13" E prop and hopefully I can fly this thing like it is for good. LOL
Take a look at these props from Aero-Naut.
http://www.aero-naut.de/en/products/...-prop-fix.html

I've not had a lot of experience with them as yet, but hearing good things from people that do.
.Steve is offline Find More Posts by .Steve
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:44 PM
Smooth not Shaky
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Nov 2011
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake View Post

Hi Jake

I don't know how you feel about Moto Calc, which is a software program to look at motor, esc, prop and battery combo's. I use it a lot and have 99% confidence in what it tells me.

Having said that I put in the Exceed Rocket 3020 spec's into my program with different prop's from dif. Mfg.s and sizes. A 13 inch prop of any size draws too many amp's for this motor. A 12 inch prop of any pitch is OK. The level flight top speed you want determines the pitch to use. You know the rest. I would not use any thin electric prop.s if you fly real aggressive, they are too flexible. Use a gas prop for that flying style. The Areo-Naut prop sounds good. I feel the same about APC thin E prop's. I use Brodak wood props now and they work good for me, no flexing and as much pull as I want.

Dick
EFlapper is offline Find More Posts by EFlapper
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:12 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,593 Posts
"Houston, we have a FUNCUB!"

Kimber is offline Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:07 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber View Post

HooRay!!!! Another victim soon to be having too much fun
Blu
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:59 PM
Brookings, OR.
Joined Dec 2005
243 Posts
Quote:

Me too!
Mike F
Mike F is offline Find More Posts by Mike F
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:22 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,593 Posts
I has question?????

Is the packing thing the same material as the plane? I looks like it to me?
Do we test with glue or something???

We are going to do scale gear and need to make the skirts.

If this has been asked before, I am sorry, not going to read 650+pages!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:49 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
Quote:
I has question?????

Don't tell her, make her read it all!
Blu
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:53 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
Don't tell her, make her read it all!
Blu

Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:55 PM
Big Jim
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Quote:
I has question?????

SCALE..........SKIRTS.............

Gots to love them tires. See how good they look
RTF Thumper is offline Find More Posts by RTF Thumper