HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:00 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,641 Posts
I have a 6ch in mine. 2 ys and it works fine. I don't use differential because just adding in rudder fixes the issue and makes it roll much faster because your getting more aileron throw from both servos and adding a little rudder.

As for fixing the crises nose just get a big block of foam and whiddle a new one, cut off all the crushed fuse and epoxy it on with some BBQ squwers or tooth picks shuved into the foam.
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 01:40 AM
Gravity Test in Progress
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Jul 2010
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake View Post
As for fixing the crises nose just get a big block of foam and whiddle a new one, cut off all the crushed fuse and epoxy it on with some BBQ squwers or tooth picks shuved into the foam.
I seriously thought about that because I have a spare fuselage for a little while longer, but couldn't see destroying one to make a good one. My tail is removeable on this fuselage and the amount of work to duplicate that kinda canceled out the easiness of just using that. There was zero damage to my mod of the tail so I must be doing something right!
Besides, my cuts look like these crack so I'd be back trying to get the CL of the thrust straight!
This is more an exercise to see/show that if you have all the pieces you can put it back into flying condition just using what you have to work with.
However...I just happen to have a sheet of Elapor to use! Oh wait...dam, it it's melting with the Elapor "Zacki Super Liquid"...need to have a word with the "old guy" in the LHS who said it was Elapor...
.Steve is offline Find More Posts by .Steve
Last edited by .Steve; Mar 25, 2012 at 03:22 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:13 AM
Agricultural flyer
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Aug 2007
508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbrickman View Post
If time is of the essence try the giant cod. I got all my FC bits from them at not too bad a price.

Motors confused me and this group gave some good advice.

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/epower-281...otor-p-50.html with 11X5.5 on 3 cell 2200

the http://www.giantcod.co.uk/epower-bl2...-p-402456.html (currently out of stock) with 12X6 and 2200 3 cell, bit more power than the 2810.

May find them a bit of a tight fit though. I had to cut a little out of the foam.
Hi and thanks for the advice. I do like Giant Cod but had almost decided on this Motor
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dproduct=18225
And being fairly new to electric not sure if GC had an equivalent. I don't want high power as I'm hoping to build light and run on 2cell LiPos. I have plenty of time so would rather get it right than rush it.
Mike
mixer421 is offline Find More Posts by mixer421
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:01 AM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenrozzero View Post
I finally finished building my Multiplex Fun Cub and it only took me around a month...lol
It was a challenge to me because I never built a RC plane kit before. Everything came out pretty good because Multiplex makes great kits that fit together good. I decided to paint it all yellow to see it better in the sky to. I will give her the maiden flight next week if calm sky's prevail. I have read all I can about this plane including the correct CG (70) and a good balanced prop. Well wish me luck and hope everything goes well next week.
nice looking build...even 'regular looking' Yellow Cub looks great.!
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:49 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Leiden
Joined Jun 2009
61 Posts
Finally ordered it

Hi All

My first post for a long time. Got back into RC 2 years ago with an EZ* but last year we lost our (electro/glider) field. We still have a club field but its very crowded (with Heli's) so I need something to fly from a smaller field and settled on the FC.

Airframe and servo's was easy but I had to wade through masses of forum's to try and come up with a decent motor/ESC combination. I don't need a rocket ship and my flying area's will be rough (like my flying) so a 5mm prop shaft seemed sensible. First I liked the standard MPX setup but here in the EU they still sell it with the 30A ESC which doesn't seem right. In the end I settled on a Hacker A30-16M with the Hacker X-40 SB-PRO but the prices in the EU were silly so I ordered in the US for $123 which is less than €100 (standard set €123).
Also ordered the Alu engine mount.

Now just sit and wait for the postman.

Cheers

Rishi
DrRishi is offline Find More Posts by DrRishi
Last edited by DrRishi; Mar 25, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 06:26 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,641 Posts
I tried a wood prop today to see if i was my APC E's or the motor mount thats causing my violent vibrations above half throttle.

I tried a wood prop. A top flight 10x6 and the power sucked (it hovered just under half throttle with the APC 12x6E) becaue it would only hold a hover at WOT and the flight time was almost cut in half. BUT there was no vibration anywhere in the throttle range so I guess im overspeeding the E series props too.

What brand and style wood props are being used??
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Mar 25, 2012, 06:43 PM
columbia, sc
Joined Jan 2007
315 Posts
this must be a popular bird....It seems to be out of stock everywhere I look!
circletree is offline Find More Posts by circletree
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:22 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by circletree View Post
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXZWL8
Kimber is online now Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:47 PM
NORDPAC S3
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by circletree View Post
Yesterday my LHS owner said the Fun Cub is his best selling plane.

Mfpage
mfpage is offline Find More Posts by mfpage
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:51 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,409 Posts
Ours will be here Tuesday, but Brad has to finish the Tower trainer first!

Rules you know! ONE PLANE AT A TIME!

Kimber is online now Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:42 PM
Certifiable User
United States, WA, North Bend
Joined Mar 2011
870 Posts
I don't like that rule.
killercando is online now Find More Posts by killercando
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:02 PM
Smooth not Shaky
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Nov 2011
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake View Post
I tried a wood prop today to see if i was my APC E's or the motor mount thats causing my violent vibrations above half throttle.

I tried a wood prop. A top flight 10x6 and the power sucked (it hovered just under half throttle with the APC 12x6E) becaue it would only hold a hover at WOT and the flight time was almost cut in half. BUT there was no vibration anywhere in the throttle range so I guess im overspeeding the E series props too.

What brand and style wood props are being used??
Hi Jake
I have been using Brodak Y&O wood props and think they are great. These props come from a Control Line company and seemed to me they would pull well. My bench tests backed up my hunch. Their output is extremely good. I also like their looks and they are well balanced.

http://brodak.com

Hope you give them a try
Dick
EFlapper is offline Find More Posts by EFlapper
Last edited by EFlapper; Mar 25, 2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: url error
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:05 AM
Joined Sep 2011
681 Posts
Wow, big thread! Is there an "index" some place with the "must do mods"? I have heard A LOT of bad things about the motor mount so I don't know what engine to get that will NOT cause vibration and still be powerful enough to hover. I am buying all the parts from HK.
beamen is offline Find More Posts by beamen
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:12 AM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamen View Post
Wow, big thread! Is there an "index" some place with the "must do mods"? I have heard A LOT of bad things about the motor mount so I don't know what engine to get that will NOT cause vibration and still be powerful enough to hover. I am buying all the parts from HK.
No but we could really do with something - I agree. Is the thread starter still here?? Do you want to add one to the first post or will we begin one for all to work on now?

Maybe we can reserve a post and someone moderate it ... ??

I or perhaps better still one of the other more regular knowledgeable posters could reserve a post and take PM's as people find gems in the previous pages??? Then it just needs editing as stuff comes up.
mutha is online now Find More Posts by mutha
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:24 AM
Joined Sep 2011
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
No but we could really do with something - I agree. Is the thread starter still here?? Do you want to add one to the first post or will we begin one for all to work on now?

Maybe we can reserve a post and someone moderate it ... ??

I or perhaps better still one of the other more regular knowledgeable posters could reserve a post and take PM's as people find gems in the previous pages??? Then it just needs editing as stuff comes up.
Just do like they do on helifreak with the MCPX, make a FunCub "Bible" (new thread - unless OP can edit first post and put it here).

There is so much info that could be SOOO much easier/better to find with an index.

Problem fixing (regular problems), must do mods, tested electric setups from HK etc.
beamen is offline Find More Posts by beamen