Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:25 AM
Gravity Test in Progress
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Jul 2010
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
What kind of paint did you use? It looks great! We want to do yours in yellow
as well. With the traditional Cub stripes.
You can also use "Dupli-color", usually available at auto parts stores. Check the cans to see which spray nozzle is on the can. They often have a nozzle that gives a flat fan spray pattern as opposed to the cone shaped pattern you get from most rattle cans.
.Steve is offline Find More Posts by .Steve
Last edited by .Steve; Mar 24, 2012 at 02:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:31 AM
Gravity Test in Progress
Joined Jul 2010
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake View Post
Put the new shaft in and flew the go again. It's still got a big vibration problem above half throttle. It had gone away for the two full flights I got in before the shaft went but even with the same, balanced and undamaged prop it's doing it again. Nothing is loose or unglued so idk whats up now. The shaft is secure and the new adapter is strait. I'll try the old adapter again and with a wooden prop. The lhs gave me a 10x6 wood nitro prop I'll try for kicks next too.
It ran out of elevator when I landed and hot kinda hard and the plastic gear holder broke in half. Can I get a new one or replace it with something so I can still use the stock gear??
Double check the two screws holding the motor mount to the Funcub, make sure they are tight. Had that happen on the maiden when I thought I had them screwed in all the way feeling tight, but not wanting them so tight I strip the threads out of the plastic.

FYI. the length of this screw supplied is adequate to hold the motor, but doing the repair on my mine I realized that there was a lot of length left in the screw hole over the supplied screws. You can go to a longer length as the Funcub gets older to get a tighter grip on the screw if there is any problem in getting play in the motor mount.
Last edited by .Steve; Mar 24, 2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 03:02 AM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,643 Posts
It's all solid and all tight is the puzzling thing. I'd like to build a whole new mount so I can flip the motor around and use the bolt on adapter. Anyone done that?
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:14 AM
Agricultural flyer
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Aug 2007
508 Posts
Hi Guys, I've just ordered a Fun Cub. I tried 3 UK retailers before I found one that has stock! I saw the promo video a few weeks ago and have been lusting after one ever since, then seeing aero104's and KaiWe's recent videos meant that. I just had to sell my last two I/C powered planes to finance it. Thanks to all for all the great advice regarding hardware, motors etc. It looks as though the next step will be a big order to HK. Hope the delivery time isn't too long to the UK! Then my Easy star will be taking a holiday for a while.
mixer421 is offline Find More Posts by mixer421
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:51 AM
Hey, watch this!
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Feb 2005
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Steve View Post
You can also use "Dupli-color", usually available at auto parts stores. Check the cans to see which spray nozzle is on the can. They often have a nozzle that gives a flat fan spray pattern as opposed to the cone shaped pattern you get from most rattle cans.
I can second that 'motion'. I've only been using Dupli-color for a couple of months but I'm sold on it. Provides good covering (even over blue FFF) with light coats, dries very fast, and I love that fan-spray nozzle.

FWIW I only break out the airbrush when I can't avoid it. Don't like the cleaning ritual.
Raymond-leflyr is offline Find More Posts by Raymond-leflyr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Whining (not winning)
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:34 PM
DS will change your life
Danmark, Nordjylland, Sæby
Joined May 2010
1,533 Posts
Towcup

Towing the 3 meter Fox and the 3,2 meter Reiher with my Multiplex Funcup. Motor set up is:
Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 3542-1185kv.
100 Amp ESC,
4000 Mha 4 cell Battery

Funcup towing 3 meter gliders (1 min 26 sec)
SpeedsterDEN is offline Find More Posts by SpeedsterDEN
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:58 PM
Maintain Thine Airspeed !
Wiltshire UK
Joined Apr 2010
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer421 View Post
Hi Guys, I've just ordered a Fun Cub. I tried 3 UK retailers before I found one that has stock! I saw the promo video a few weeks ago and have been lusting after one ever since, then seeing aero104's and KaiWe's recent videos meant that. I just had to sell my last two I/C powered planes to finance it. Thanks to all for all the great advice regarding hardware, motors etc. It looks as though the next step will be a big order to HK. Hope the delivery time isn't too long to the UK! Then my Easy star will be taking a holiday for a while.
If time is of the essence try the giant cod. I got all my FC bits from them at not too bad a price.

Motors confused me and this group gave some good advice.

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/epower-281...otor-p-50.html with 11X5.5 on 3 cell 2200

the http://www.giantcod.co.uk/epower-bl2...-p-402456.html (currently out of stock) with 12X6 and 2200 3 cell, bit more power than the 2810.

May find them a bit of a tight fit though. I had to cut a little out of the foam.
Redbrickman is offline Find More Posts by Redbrickman
Last edited by Redbrickman; Mar 24, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:39 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Off-Topic (sorta).

Can you guys tell me the difference in the EasyCub and the FC?

I had my sights set on the Fun Cub and have posted here a few times because I'm buds with Bluhammer (though he probably won't admit that and I don't blame him one bit )

Anyway, a guy on eBay was selling 12 NIB EasyCubs at just $42 ea. plus $6 shipping. I couldn't resist.

I received mine yesterday and, after studying it versus the FC, it looks like the EC has much more dihedral and no hardware for flaps and ailerons (although the cutouts are stamped in the wing halves). Naturally, the FC also has those nice big balloon tires.

Other than those items, are there any other differences between them?

Thanks, and again: sorry about the somewhat OT post.

Mac

MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:02 PM
Gravity Test in Progress
Joined Jul 2010
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchone, Jake View Post
It's all solid and all tight is the puzzling thing. I'd like to build a whole new mount so I can flip the motor around and use the bolt on adapter. Anyone done that?
Somebodies done it, there's a picture on here somewhere or they've talked about!
I might do it if I go to folding a folding prop to get the prop to fold smoothly without the engine cylinders being in the way.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:54 PM
Gravity Test in Progress
Joined Jul 2010
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Off-Topic (sorta).

Can you guys tell me the difference in the EasyCub and the FC?

I had my sights set on the Fun Cub and have posted here a few times because I'm buds with Bluhammer (though he probably won't admit that and I don't blame him one bit )

Anyway, a guy on eBay was selling 12 NIB EasyCubs at just $42 ea. plus $6 shipping. I couldn't resist.

I received mine yesterday and, after studying it versus the FC, it looks like the EC has much more dihedral and no hardware for flaps and ailerons (although the cutouts are stamped in the wing halves). Naturally, the FC also has those nice big balloon tires.

Other than those items, are there any other differences between them?

Thanks, and again: sorry about the somewhat OT post.

Mac

We just answered this question withing the past ten daze...do a search for it because I'm just having a brain fart right now. The rudder was increased in size on the FunCub sometime last year and there's a few minor things, but essentially the same aside from those ugly little tires on the EasyCub!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:11 PM
Columbus, OH
Joined Jul 2007
161 Posts
Picked up a Fun Cub last week and have everything together ready to set up servos, throws, etc.

I wanted to do the full function flaps and wondered how everyone is handling this with their receivers. If all servos are on separate channels that would mean a 7 channel receiver for this little bugger. I have a ar6210 but would have to put the ailerons on a Y-harness and the flap servos plugged into separate channels to make everything function correctly. If I do this, I wont be able to put in differential on the ailerons in order to get more up travel than down.

This things gotta have flaps!! So whats everyone doing . . . . 7 channel receivers, Y-harnesses, using differential?? I have an 8 channel and about wanna puke at the thought of having to use it in a foam plane. ha ha

Look forward to getting it in the air. This is the first Multiplex plane I have had, and it's pretty impressive.

Thanks guys
Scooter04 is offline Find More Posts by Scooter04
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:27 PM
Joined Jan 2007
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter04 View Post
Picked up a Fun Cub last week and have everything together ready to set up servos, throws, etc.

I wanted to do the full function flaps and wondered how everyone is handling this with their receivers. If all servos are on separate channels that would mean a 7 channel receiver for this little bugger. I have a ar6210 but would have to put the ailerons on a Y-harness and the flap servos plugged into separate channels to make everything function correctly. If I do this, I wont be able to put in differential on the ailerons in order to get more up travel than down.

This things gotta have flaps!! So whats everyone doing . . . . 7 channel receivers, Y-harnesses, using differential?? I have an 8 channel and about wanna puke at the thought of having to use it in a foam plane. ha ha

Look forward to getting it in the air. This is the first Multiplex plane I have had, and it's pretty impressive.

Thanks guys
You can get 2:1 differential mechanically. Use an standard "Y" on the ail. Center the ail servos. Install the serrvo arm at 45 degrees toward the front of the wing. The pushrod may not be long enough to reach the horn, if so make a new longer one.

Anton
bubbleman is offline Find More Posts by bubbleman
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:28 PM
Gravity Test in Progress
Joined Jul 2010
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Steve View Post
Luckier then this!

Too windy for my skill level, too far away, too low and dum-thumbed it as a gust hit it. all my own fault! Sigh...I'll have it ready for next weekend!
I had hoped to get the repair done by now, but local events conspired against me.
Here's some more photos showing the effects of the impact crushing the foam on the starboard side which is going to throw the thrust line way off if I just try to make the foam fit. I've got some creative thinking going on so we'll see how the repairs come out to straighten the nose out.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:44 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter04 View Post

Thanks guys
don't puke, just use all your channels. I programmed everything in my DX8. No y's, no servo reversers, slow downers, cutting and hacking. Just programming

Blu
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:58 PM
Columbus, OH
Joined Jul 2007
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
don't puke, just use all your channels.

Blu
I know . . . I know. It's just funny to me the amount of money and technology that we can throw into a foamie! Gotta love em though.

I don't need my 8 channel for anything at the moment so I just threw it in there and am working on setting things up. I'm using a DX8 that I just picked up as well. It sure is straight forward to program.
Scooter04 is offline Find More Posts by Scooter04