HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:31 PM
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2010
51 Posts
Brad -
My kit was missing a bunch of the plastic parts. I called multiplex and the next week I had a complete parts pack on my doorstep. No questions asked.

The rudder and tail wheel are connected to each other and share a common servo.
Nigels_world is offline Find More Posts by Nigels_world
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:45 PM
Flying MPX these days
United States, FL, Naples
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
Thanks Boyd!

Brad, double check your males, too. Should be 4 of em. In my kit two were taped together end to end and appeared to be one.

I would double check the rest of the parts and then call Multiplex. There is a diagram of all the parts that should be in the kit on page 18 of the manual titled Abb.2.

Also, you will definitely want a servo that will power the rudder and the wheel (they are connected). Most highwing planes suffer from something called adverse yaw as a result of drag produced by ailerons. For this reason, it is helpful to dial in some rudder when turning.
QuasiLoco is offline Find More Posts by QuasiLoco
Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:47 PM
United States, KY, Danville
Joined Aug 2011
30 Posts
Nigel - good to know, I was hoping they'd be decent to work with. :-)
BradSimmons is offline Find More Posts by BradSimmons
Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:48 PM
Joined Aug 2011
30 Posts
Quasi,

4 MALE wing spreader plates?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:50 PM
Joined Aug 2011
30 Posts
I got my servos from another company - he only sent me four - two aileron servos and two smaller ones - so I probably have what I need?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:58 PM
United States, NC, Fuquay-Varina
Joined Sep 2008
249 Posts
Link to progress on my Fun Cub

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8384054&type=1
larrysoaring is offline Find More Posts by larrysoaring
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:05 PM
Joined Aug 2011
30 Posts
Larry, looks awesome. This is my first build - so not really sure what to do - or need to do, let alone modify. :-)

This looks like a fun plane though.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:20 PM
Flying MPX these days
United States, FL, Naples
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
Brad, sorry - I was confused.

About your servos - on mine the aileron servos are the smaller ones (HS-55 equivelant) and the larger ones (HS-65 equivalent) are for tail surfaces.
QuasiLoco is offline Find More Posts by QuasiLoco
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:28 PM
United States, NC, Fuquay-Varina
Joined Sep 2008
249 Posts
Fun Cub build

Thanks Brad,I love Multiplex airplanes,been flying the Mentor for a year now and is the favorite of my fleet.The Fun Cub will rate right next to it I'm sure.
larrysoaring is offline Find More Posts by larrysoaring
Old Dec 27, 2011, 07:50 AM
The Balsa Farmer
United States, AR, Sherwood
Joined Jul 2005
503 Posts
Brad - just follow the thread - Best thing I can recommend is that you find a good instructor pilot if this is first plane and you have no experiance as an rc pilot. Will save you a lot of $$ in the long run. This is a great plane as a trainer (IMO) if it is setup correctly. My FC has become my favorite plane to just throw in the car (and if I bring more planes to the flying field) it is my warm up the "thumbs" plane
bassfisher is offline Find More Posts by bassfisher
Old Dec 27, 2011, 02:31 PM
United States, IL, Libertyville
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
Just finished my build. First kit since a kid. That took longer than I thought but she looks good. Question though: I got the Emax 2812/10 which has a 5mm shaft. It came with prop adapter but the APC 10x5.5 prop needs to be bored out to fit the shaft (0.313"). I tried on my drill press but it looks slightly off center. My bits are flat bottom with pilot tips. What should I do to ensure a properly centered bore? Wish I had adapter for that shaft that didn't require boring props. Any suggestions? Thanks.
daver22 is offline Find More Posts by daver22
Last edited by daver22; Dec 27, 2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Typo
Old Dec 27, 2011, 02:40 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daver22 View Post
Just finished my build. First kit since a kid. That took longer than I thought but she looks good. Question though: I got the Emax 2812/10 which has a 5mm shaft. It came with prop adapter but the APC 10x5.5 prop needs to be bored out to fit the shaft (0.313"). I tried on my drill press but it looks slightly off center. My bits are flat bottom with pilot tips. What should I do to ensure a properly centered bore? Wish I had adapter for that shaft that didn't require boring props. Any suggestions? Thanks.
You want to ream the prop bore using a reamer such as the General Tools hand reamer shown below.

Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Old Dec 27, 2011, 03:00 PM
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daver22 View Post
Take a look at the APC website. They talk about how to resize the prop to fit different shafts, and how to use the little adapters that came with your prop.
Good chance that you can oversize the hole you drilled a bit, and use the "precision" spacer they speak about.
I think that's the way it is meant to work anyhow. (at least that's what I've been doing and it seems to work.)
Woody_99 is offline Find More Posts by Woody_99
Old Dec 27, 2011, 03:12 PM
United States, IL, Libertyville
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
Thanks guys. I looked up the reamer and ordered one of those. Seems to make good sense Appreciate the info. Dave
daver22 is offline Find More Posts by daver22
Old Dec 27, 2011, 03:19 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_99 View Post
Take a look at the APC website. They talk about how to resize the prop to fit different shafts, and how to use the little adapters that came with your prop.
Good chance that you can oversize the hole you drilled a bit, and use the "precision" spacer they speak about.
I think that's the way it is meant to work anyhow. (at least that's what I've been doing and it seems to work.)
Even with the advised precision spacer it still requires reaming to fit most collets.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram