HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2011, 04:55 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epp basher View Post
flew a buddys today and I really like this model are they hard to build and how much damage if I crash it?
Like any foam plane almost all can be repaired so long as you save the pieces. Avoid crashing is tip #1.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2011, 06:33 PM
SW Washington State
Joined Jan 2011
16 Posts
Paint and Landing Gear

Thanks for the direction towards r2 for the gear and the post prof 100 did on how he mounted it. I can do that.

The paint is still a mystery of some sort. I use tape, and I've tried a lot of different ones, to mask off an area where I want a straight line painted. If I put the tape on the unpainted surface it comes up fine, and since there is no paint under it there's no lifting of the paint, and I am happy with the absence of seepage under the tape.

The one thing in common that I seem to notice is "Acrylic" paint. I think mine is just plain old latex house paint.

Thanks for the help! jim
jim81 is offline Find More Posts by jim81
Old Aug 22, 2011, 06:58 PM
Takeoff,Crash,Repair ...
Rio Vista, CA
Joined Jan 2007
226 Posts
Has anyone a URl for a how to for getting the shaft out of a Turnigy 35-36?
Any special tools that would help?
I've got the circlip off and the set screw out but the shaft seems to be really well stuck to the motor where the setscrew was.

I've got 2 with bent shafts. If I have to go to another motor it will definetly be a 5mm shaft version.

Thanks
Dean
kg6uvp is offline Find More Posts by kg6uvp
Old Aug 22, 2011, 08:51 PM
Motorcycles are my life!
Manhattan Beach, California
Joined Dec 2004
74 Posts
OK - thanks for the feedback. I will definitely look into the prop size and motor combo.
Superduke is offline Find More Posts by Superduke
Old Aug 22, 2011, 09:11 PM
Motorcycles are my life!
Joined Dec 2004
74 Posts
Sorry but can somebody please explain how this tailwheel is supposed to be mounted? A pic would be best. I've read the instructions over and over but I'm still not clear on where the bent 90 degree wire goes.

Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2011, 09:51 PM
I think it'll work this time!!
399 feet above Roanoke, VA
Joined Jan 2007
3,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimi View Post
Do you have a picture that shows it installed ?

Sure, here are a few shots of the tailwheel. I filed a little flat spot in the vertical rod to keep the tail wheel from rotating loose.

Let me know if you have any questions about the mount! Hope this helps anyone with a tailwheel problem.

Bob

ps, AJ, my stock tail wheel wire was too flimsy too. So that's 2 bad pieces of wire!! Mine is now in the "drawer full of stuff."
Chairwolf is offline Find More Posts by Chairwolf
Last edited by Chairwolf; Aug 22, 2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 09:52 PM
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Mar 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmobob View Post
Congrats!

I powered mine with a Power 10 (E-Flite) and it goes vertical as high as you'd like. I can imagine yours is a hovering 3-D machine.

But like you, I find myself spending most of my FunCub flights exploring the low end of the envelope, seeing how slow I can fly by or land. I added floats and made my first flights on the water on Saturday. Fun stuff!

At some point, I'll build another one with the intention of painting it.

Good flying,
desmobob
Just out of interest did you install the hobby zone super cub floats. That's what I am planning, if you dido what did you add for rear mount point ?
Thanks,
KF
RV4flyr is offline Find More Posts by RV4flyr
Old Aug 22, 2011, 09:58 PM
Motorcycles are my life!
Joined Dec 2004
74 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...OK. Thanks Chairwolf...now I get it.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:15 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,648 Posts
Calm beautiful evening video

I really like flying this plane in my backyard when I don't stick it in a tree. What a delightful evening.

Turn down the sound. The audio has a pulse from a weak lipo in the #11 HD hatcam.

Video is a little over 2 minutes.
8-22-11 Funcub backyard--video 4 of the evening (2 min 25 sec)

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:16 PM
Joined Jan 2007
3,461 Posts
My Transport Case - so far

Ok, I mentioned a while ago that I was working on a transport case. I still am, but it's close enough to being finished that I can show you some results.

Credit for this idea goes to ScrtSqrl, who did this for his Easy Star. I've just taken the idea and applied it to this plane. This is my 3rd carry case, the first being for the Easy Star, then the Slow Stick, and here is the Fun Cub.

The pics should be pretty self-explanatory; give me a shout if you have questions.

The milk bottle isn't installed yet; it's an idea to put on the front to protect the prop.

As I said, it's a work in progress (like everything else, right?)

Now let's get those wheels turning and improve on this too!

Bob
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:21 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairwolf View Post
Ok, I mentioned a while ago that I was working on a transport case. I still am, but it's close enough to being finished that I can show you some results.

Credit for this idea goes to ScrtSqrl, who did this for his Easy Star. I've just taken the idea and applied it to this plane. This is my 3rd carry case, the first being for the Easy Star, then the Slow Stick, and here is the Fun Cub.

The pics should be pretty self-explanatory; give me a shout if you have questions.

The milk bottle isn't installed yet; it's an idea to put on the front to protect the prop.

As I said, it's a work in progress (like everything else, right?)

Now let's get those wheels turning and improve on this too!

Bob
Bob,

I like it. What are you transporting the transport box in? RV, car, or what?

I am thinking a new roll of velcro could come in handy with the container.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:28 PM
Joined Jan 2007
3,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Bob,

I like it. What are you transporting the transport box in? RV, car, or what?

I am thinking a new roll of velcro could come in handy with the container.

Bill
I've had it in the trunk of a Taurus, and in my SUV. You can even throw it in the back of a pick-up if you keep it from sliding around.

Bob
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:34 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,648 Posts
Quote:
I've had it in the trunk of a Taurus, and in my SUV. You can even throw it in the back of a pick-up if you keep it from sliding around.

Bob
Bob,

Understood. It should do the job. Just be careful not to load the elapor foam. Like any epo, it will warp if loaded in any direction when stored. Before I knew that I would wonder why the trims kept changing on my epo and elapor planes. Now when I build them I embed 3 mm CF tube to prevent it from happening.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:38 PM
Joined Jan 2007
3,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Bob,

Understood. It should do the job. Just be careful not to load the elapor foam. Like any epo, it will warp if loaded in any direction when stored. Before I knew that I would wonder why the trims kept changing on my epo and elapor planes. Now when I build them I embed 3 mm CF tube to prevent it from happening.

Bill
Thanks for the heads-up. I may need to loosen up the tail guard. It does put a little squeeze on the tail.

Bob
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:43 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,648 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up. I may need to loosen up the tail guard. It does put a little squeeze on the tail.

Bob
Bob,

Just retain it, don't load it.

Bill
RCG Plus Member