HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2011, 08:22 AM
Wichita
Joined Apr 2008
17 Posts
Hey Congrats on the Maiden Gord

And on surviving the first spot landing too. Glad to see it is a tuff little bird. Hey I wonder if you can get me a few more pics of the plane. looking for good Tail connection area. Good shoot of the fuselage back there and some good side and top shots. all so, would like to see of you can capture some more of the detail shoots of the detail of the poly styrene beads. The nose picture you just posted ( before hot water ) had great area of beads in focus. Can you get a shot under the wings. I need the biggest area of beads in focus and all about the same color as I can get. I will use that picture to make a repeating texture of beads for the paint scheme for the model.

To bad I did not get the model finished in time. You could of gotten all your crashing out early on the Sim. Here are a few more Teazzzer pics.
Junkboy999 is offline Find More Posts by Junkboy999
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2011, 10:07 AM
Joined May 2010
124 Posts
One more flight with onboard camera, Sony Bloggie PM5K.

FunCub Multiplex RC with camera onboard, Windmill (9 min 33 sec)
adioperator is offline Find More Posts by adioperator
Old Aug 03, 2011, 10:43 AM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adioperator View Post
One more flight with onboard camera, Sony Bloggie PM5K.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtRHzIKw7JI
Great video! Congratulations on having the smoothest running motor/prop combination I have ever seen or heard. Not one hint of the jello effect. The last few seconds, after landing, reminded me how much I like the sound of crickets in the fields.

Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Old Aug 03, 2011, 10:55 AM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkboy999 View Post
Hey Congrats on the Maiden Gord

And on surviving the first spot landing too. Glad to see it is a tuff little bird. Hey I wonder if you can get me a few more pics of the plane. looking for good Tail connection area. Good shoot of the fuselage back there and some good side and top shots. all so, would like to see of you can capture some more of the detail shoots of the detail of the poly styrene beads. The nose picture you just posted ( before hot water ) had great area of beads in focus. Can you get a shot under the wings. I need the biggest area of beads in focus and all about the same color as I can get. I will use that picture to make a repeating texture of beads for the paint scheme for the model.

To bad I did not get the model finished in time. You could of gotten all your crashing out early on the Sim. Here are a few more Teazzzer pics.
Thanks! I can not believe the detail you are putting into that thing! But, unless you are also going to model a weak glue joint on the elevator horn, I don't thing the sim model would have saved me. At least I can say, from personal experience, that the Funcub flys pretty darn well with almost no elevator control at all as long as you don't start out going straight down. Will get the pictures later today. Need to go out and see how long those noisy bearing will last. It will be a week before the replacements get here....... On second thought, maybe I should take them now.........

BTW, did you mean side and top of the tail assy or of the whole thing? Can do either or all...

Gord
Old Aug 03, 2011, 12:44 PM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordks View Post
Thanks! I can not believe the detail you are putting into that thing! ...
Want to see someone, who has put a lot of detail in his model :

RC JWM Model YAK-130 Final Part 2.mp4 (7 min 50 sec)

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Aug 03, 2011, 01:18 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,424 Posts
I can't even IMAGINE the hours and money invested in that Yak-130!@!

Super cool though!
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Aug 03, 2011, 04:10 PM
Deutschland, BW, Ebersbach an der Fils
Joined May 2011
345 Posts
Wow !!!
morrigan is offline Find More Posts by morrigan
Old Aug 03, 2011, 04:14 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,475 Posts
Thanks for the video jurgen that was great!
rcrich is online now Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Aug 03, 2011, 04:38 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Oct 2008
1,224 Posts
One word: AMAZING!!!

There is also a part I, showing the building and more details:
http://www.youtube.com/user/RUSJET#p/u/27/IzJablEAGW8

Even the flight instruments are small operating LCD screens! All details you could imagine are present! I first thought they made some dummy inlets for the turbines. But no, during take-off and landing they automatically close and use alternative inlet to avoid FOD.
mavlo77 is offline Find More Posts by mavlo77
Old Aug 03, 2011, 05:10 PM
David
San Francisco, CA
Joined Sep 2004
650 Posts
Wow. Not your typical scratch build.
dno264 is offline Find More Posts by dno264
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Alfa Airacobra
Old Aug 03, 2011, 06:35 PM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
Want to see someone, who has put a lot of detail in his model :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbcRoSCIG-M

Jürgen
Woa! That is the most realistic model jet I have ever seen! And that applies to it's flight as much as the build. So scale in flight. Time after time I could barely identify exactly when it touched down! The landing gear alone is a master piece. Thanks Jurgen!

Gord
Old Aug 04, 2011, 08:28 AM
Wichita
Joined Apr 2008
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordks View Post
BTW, did you mean side and top of the tail assy or of the whole thing? Can do either or all...

Gord
Gord

Ya just the tail area. straight on, top down, the bottom side of the stab and side views. Trying to figure out how much of the fuselage is on the stab

Thanks Terry
Junkboy999 is offline Find More Posts by Junkboy999
Old Aug 04, 2011, 09:31 AM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkboy999 View Post
Gord

Ya just the tail area. straight on, top down, the bottom side of the stab and side views. Trying to figure out how much of the fuselage is on the stab

Thanks Terry
Done. Check for PM and email. And Box.net, where I uploaded the photos is free. Not bad for files under 10 megs each, and under one gig total. Over that they do want money. I don't need to go over that.

Gord
Old Aug 04, 2011, 09:48 AM
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2010
102 Posts
MPX Funcub (with some crosswind) (4 min 51 sec)

MY funcub flying with some crosswind.
Roel_Netherlands is offline Find More Posts by Roel_Netherlands
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:13 PM
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined May 2010
336 Posts
I stopped by my LHS the other day to get some links for my heli... and they had a Fun Cub on the shelf! It's been at the top of my Next Plane list for a while, so I picked it up.

Now I have to figure out a power system and I was hoping to get some help. I have searched the thread but I am still unsure what to get. Really, I am an RTF guy at heart and the only kits I have built have all come with power components, or at least a list of safe buys.

This is what I want to do with my Fun Cub:

1. The power system should be compatible with the 3s 2200mAh packs that I already have for another plane. If that pack is just wrong for the Fun Cub, I'll stock up on another size, but I'd prefer not to.

2. I do not need unlimited vertical, but I'll take all the power I can get without having to play games like reinforcing the motor mount. (I am up for a Sotog aluminum mount if needed, but don't want to have to modify the plane.)

3. I am kind of scared of the soft Turnigy prop shafts I hear about so I will happily pay more for a beefier motor, if needed, if it will require less maintenance in the long run.

4. I do plan to run flaps and so will benefit from an ESC with a good BEC, or a separate BEC.

FWIW I will be using a Spektrum AR8000 w/ telemetry on this plane.

My LHS has the Multiplex power pack, which I hear mixed reviews of. It is $109, and I am sure I can get a better value from HK parts if I choose wisely... but maybe the manufacturer's kit is a safe bet even if it isn't the best value?

HeadsUpRC has detailed suggestions (which I appreciate!) but I'm just not educated enough on the topic to understand why they list the parts they do. The MPX kit has a 13" prop, but HeadsUpRC recommends 10". Why? However, the HeadsUpRC kit should work with my 2200 3s 25C batteries, which is nice.

Many thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide. I'd hate to settle for the easy MPX kit without understanding the other options.
horseflesh is offline Find More Posts by horseflesh