HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2011, 07:15 PM View Post
ajbaker
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while ajbaker edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old May 29, 2011, 07:17 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,420 Posts
Gotem lots of bolts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbreslin View Post
AJ: I actually had to email advantage hobby, I'm missing those large screws to hold the wing down.
Well, today is your lucky day. Since I do a lot of scratch building, I use those very often as wing hold down bolts just like MPX. If you will PM me your address, I will send you a couple of them so you can build your FC.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old May 29, 2011, 07:26 PM
Ozzie Express wiggy pilot
YANKALILLA , SOUTH AUSTRALIA.
Joined Nov 2002
5,234 Posts
Just in case...http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZWM2&P=X

OH NO......very sorry "You have gone and done it now." I promise to be much more carefull .....
SON OF PALEFACE is offline Find More Posts by SON OF PALEFACE
Old May 29, 2011, 07:27 PM
Joined Jan 2011
745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbreslin View Post
And the small parts set is out of stock everywhere including advantage hobby which means who knows how long until I get the parts. No matter the outcome I will never order from them again.
any of the metric screws are availalble in any city which has a nuts n bolts specialty store.
jut take a sample to the store .
The heads will likely be socket but that's even better.
The correct wrenchs are also easy to come by - just ask for one number smaller than the screw size
example : a 4mm requires a 3mm wrench
guy hanson is offline Find More Posts by guy hanson
Old May 29, 2011, 07:31 PM
I fly lawn darts with wings.
United States, CA, Turlock
Joined Apr 2011
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SON OF PALEFACE View Post
Just in case...http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZWM2&P=X

OH NO......very sorry "You have gone and done it now." I promise to be much more carefull .....
This and everywhere else, as I said, out of stock.
mbreslin is offline Find More Posts by mbreslin
Old May 29, 2011, 07:32 PM
Joined Apr 2011
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy hanson View Post
any of the metric screws are availalble in any city which has a nuts n bolts specialty store.
jut take a sample to the store .
The heads will likely be socket but that's even better.
The correct wrenchs are also easy to come by - just ask for one number smaller than the screw size
example : a 4mm requires a 3mm wrench
I am unable to take a sample as both screws are missing. If anyone knows the exact size I can look around.

Edit: Got it, M5 x 50 mm.
Old May 29, 2011, 07:35 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,420 Posts
Maiden +1

Here is my second flight of the FC with the CG moved to 70mm and I used a 2200mah 25C LiPo. Wow. What a difference. Thanks to Prof100 and Son of Paleface for your suggestions. They worked out better than expected.
AJ

Fun Cub w-CG70mm-orig.MOV (3 min 13 sec)
Last edited by ajbaker; May 29, 2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old May 29, 2011, 07:44 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Here is my second flight of the FC with the CG moved to 70mm and I used a 2200mah 25C LiPo. Wow. What a difference. Thanks to Prof100 and Son of Paleface for your suggestions. They worked out better than expected.
AJ

Watch this is 1080p for your viewing comfort:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0p38rzgvaQ
AJ,

You removed the video.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2011, 08:08 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
3,989 Posts
Quote:
In my experience, most all vendors have standard lies that they tell.
1. The motor always weighs more that what is claimed.
2. The thrust is always less than is claimed.
3. The Watts claimed are always less than claimed.
4. The AUW is always more than claimed.
5. The AUW does not include the motor - I guess because the motor is not needed to fly the plane.
6. The skill set required to fly it is always less than what is really needed.
7. Always less crash resistant than promised... (from mavlo77)

I am sure the guys in here could add on another 10-20 things that vendors "fudge" on.
Then, there are a few (very few) vendors that do their best to tell the truth like MicroDan and DrKiwi (I am not sure if he is a vendor or not. But, he ALWAYS speaks the truth in a very nice communicative style. It appears to me that even if a person is wrong, he finds some way to give credit to any part of that persons statement that is right).
AJ
8. Someone will tell you, you can get some item from Hobbyking for $9.95 but forgot to mention the $12.00 postage.
Ron
A Rdnek is online now Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old May 29, 2011, 08:16 PM
Joined Apr 2011
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
8. Someone will tell you, you can get some item from Hobbyking for $9.95 but forgot to mention the $12.00 postage.
Ron
And 4-6 weeks wait for delivery.
Old May 29, 2011, 08:43 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,420 Posts
UTUBE - Yuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
AJ,

You removed the video.
Yeah. The voice and video were terribly out of sync. So, I deleted it and I am currently trying to reload it (12 tries so far). I am getting to where I hate utube-me.
AJ
Old May 29, 2011, 08:54 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,872 Posts
Quote:
Yeah. The voice and video were terribly out of sync. So, I deleted it and I am currently trying to reload it (12 tries so far). I am getting to where I hate utube-me.
AJ
Just do sub titles. I will think I am watching a foreign film.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2011, 10:40 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
The stock design is just a 90° bend in the wire also. You just do the bend in another direction, so that you can glue the wire more firmly to the rudder horn.

Jürgen
I believe it is bad clumsy design.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2011, 11:20 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,420 Posts
I am just starting to redesign the tail steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
I believe it is bad clumsy design.
The whole design of the steering tail wheel is totally and completely worthless. I have landed my FC about 8 times in all and ALL 8 times, the tail wheel bent in whatever direction it wanted to. The wire is too small and the design looks like it was done by a sick 5th grader. Because of its bad design, I broke a rudder servo on smooth landing. If you watch my maiden #2, you will see how the plane jets off to the left because the servo is broken.
The FC is certainly not up to the usual MPX standards (EZ*, Fun Jet, Mentor, Cularis) that I have come to expect. They charge an outrageous price for their planes and usually deliver the quality to go with it. For being overpriced, I expect perfection. The FC is considerably below that. I would rate it about a c- in quality in their world of models. The final flying plane IMO is about a B+. I am going to try to make it more fun by building a really lightweight FC and not use all the "proprietary" stuff that locks everyone into using JUST MPX pieces/parts. With all the help I am getting here in the thread, I am optimistic. It does require thinking outside the box though. Prof100 and NFZ and a lot of others (except one) are aces at that. Ok. I will climb down off my soapbox, get my positive attitude back on, and wait for the firestorm.
AJ

Fun Cub w-CG70mm-orig.MOV (3 min 13 sec)
Last edited by ajbaker; May 29, 2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old May 29, 2011, 11:33 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,872 Posts
Quote:
The whole design of the steering tail wheel is totally and completely worthless. I have landed my FC about 8 times in all and ALL 8 times, the tail wheel bent in whatever direction it wanted to. The wire is too small and the design looks like it was done by a sick 5th grader. Because of its bad design, I broke a rudder servo on smooth landing. If you watch my maiden #2, you will see how the plane jets off to the left because the servo is broken.
The FC is certainly not up to the usual MPX standards (EZ*, Fun Jet, Mentor, Cularis) that I have come to expect. They charge an outrageous price for their planes and usually deliver the quality to go with it. For being overpriced, I expect perfection. The FC is considerably below that. I would rate it about a c- in quality in their world of models. The final flying plane IMO is about a B+. I am going to try to make it more fun by building a really lightweight FC and not use all the "proprietary" stuff that locks everyone into using JUST MPX pieces/parts. With all the help I am getting here in the thread, I am optimistic. It does require thinking outside the box though. Prof100 and NFZ and a lot of others (except one) are aces at that. Ok. I will climb down off my soapbox, get my positive attitude back on, and wait for the firestorm.
AJ
AJ,

That flew much better. Very good video and flying. BTW, yours looks like it has bigger tail.

Bill
RCG Plus Member