SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 03, 2011, 10:18 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2008
3,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicBanana View Post
I used HS81 & HS55 and there are more then plenty

I used Hobbypartz 9gr Metal gear all through mine never had a servo fail yet..lol
bigmoebbq is offline Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2011, 12:24 PM
United States, ID, Sandpoint
Joined Apr 2009
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
That should work fine...
What kind of flexible glue can be used when mounting the servos so they can be readily removed later on for repair etc? I tried RTV but it just seems to remain slimey.

Also I was wondering what the square shaped cups on the rear of the motor mounts are for?

Thanks
crobar is offline Find More Posts by crobar
Last edited by crobar; Mar 03, 2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: ignorance
Old Mar 03, 2011, 12:25 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobar View Post
What kind of glue can be used when mounting the servos so they can be readily removed later on for repair etc. I tried RTV but it just seems to remain slimey.
A little dab of hot glue is all I've used on dozens of servo installs....
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Mar 03, 2011, 01:06 PM
Joined Apr 2009
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
A little dab of hot glue is all I've used on dozens of servo installs....
Thanks - I'll give it a try.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 02:14 PM
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Nov 2009
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARG5 View Post
What do you folks know about
www.hobbypeople.net

OUT OF CALF.

SARG5
They have been around for a long time and I used to go into their retail store all the time.

At least at the store in Camarillo, CA the service is not that great. I have called numerous times over the years asking if they have a part in stock. They would always say 'yes we have it right here'. I would make the 45min drive to their store to find out they don't, and no one their would admit to even talking to me. Just happened for the last time a month ago. Never going back to their store again!

Never dealt with them on line, but it could just be the employees at that store. Seems like they always hire very unfriendly people there.

But that's just my experience. I'm sure they do well with most people since they have been around for a while.
sotog is offline Find More Posts by sotog
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 03, 2011, 02:16 PM
Joined Jul 2005
35 Posts
Attn. Skypileit

Sorry for the delay in answering your question on the weight of my Fun Cub. I had to get my scales back from my son as I did not want to trust my memory. It is on floats right now and as such weighs 31.45 oz. without lipo. Memory told me it was 31.25 oz. on wheels. Seems like the floats should weigh more but this is what I weighed them at.
Jim
JBrant is offline Find More Posts by JBrant
Old Mar 03, 2011, 06:30 PM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrant View Post
Sorry for the delay in answering your question on the weight of my Fun Cub. I had to get my scales back from my son as I did not want to trust my memory. It is on floats right now and as such weighs 31.45 oz. without lipo. Memory told me it was 31.25 oz. on wheels. Seems like the floats should weigh more but this is what I weighed them at.
Jim
Thanks Jim

JIM
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:09 PM
ids911
GA
Joined Jan 2009
126 Posts
cobar,
try wrapping the servos with blendern tape then hot gluing in place. It makes it easier to remove glue from the servos when repairing or moving them to a "new" plane!
Ian
ids911 is offline Find More Posts by ids911
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:33 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ids911 View Post
cobar,
try wrapping the servos with blendern tape then hot gluing in place. It makes it easier to remove glue from the servos when repairing or moving them to a "new" plane!
Ian
cobar,

I used to tape up the servos before gluing them in with hot glue. I tried blenderm, blue painters tape and the like. It didn't really make any difference removing or replacing the servos. I chalk it up as a urban legend.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Mar 04, 2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:44 PM
Joined Jul 2009
313 Posts
Aileron differential

I have a few flights under my belt with the funcub. I was curious how people are setting up aileron differential, I have a dx6i.

Also I noticed the funcub could use a aileron > rudder mix. What have you guts found that works well
mitsudriver274 is offline Find More Posts by mitsudriver274
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:49 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsudriver274 View Post
I have a few flights under my belt with the funcub. I was curious how people are setting up aileron differential, I have a dx6i.

Also I noticed the funcub could use a aileron > rudder mix. What have you guts found that works well
You can do aileron differential (50% less down that up aileron) mechanically with the servos installed in parallel and connected on a "Y." Or you can use two channels and program it in with your radio. Either way works and its a must for any high wing trainer plane. The mechanical method allows you to use fewer channels on your radio. I posted a video on aileron differential and flaps earlier in this thread.

Here it is again:
FunCub aileron and flap demo (benchtop with explanation) (3 min 36 sec)
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Mar 03, 2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old Mar 04, 2011, 02:03 AM
Joined Apr 2009
782 Posts
Thanks guys for the info on hot melt glue. I will give it a go tomorrow.

Nice video Prof.
Old Mar 04, 2011, 04:52 AM
Sky good, Earth bad!
Anchorage
Joined Dec 2005
1,239 Posts
What are the length of the funcubs floats?
Thanks
Dakrat is offline Find More Posts by Dakrat
Old Mar 04, 2011, 07:11 AM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
cobar,

I used to tape up the servos before gluing them in with hot glue. i tried blenderm, blue painters tape and the like. It didn't really make any difference removing or replacing the servos. I chalk it up as a urban legend.

Bill

Agreed
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Mar 04, 2011, 09:35 AM
SARG5
10 Miles north of Russell, Ks. on US281 hy
Joined Oct 2009
655 Posts
SARG5 reporting SAD TIMES
My Fun Cub went in last evening on the maden flight. I do not went wrong.
Now you understand that I am not the best flyer on the branch.
Take off went great, about a 10 foot roll out. Then things went very wrong. I just cound not get control of the plane. It was all over the sky. Kept getting futher and futher away. At one point it looked like I had control, then it went into the sun, Did not see it hit some 500 yards away.
Wings are OK, It went stright in. The nose is gone. Do not think it is even close to being repairable. Broke the motor mount into 3 pieces. Lipo was damaged. What a mess.
I will do some more testing this AM. But am thinking back. I would say that I had the ailn. reversed. Did not have a problem with alt.. And, I checked, rechecked and looked again at everything.
This is my first VERY BAD CRASH over times. Most have been able to fix up.
I will be checking today. Assume that if I purchase a new fusg., motor mount . I might as well order a new FC. Then use this one for future parts.
SARG5
CRASHING THE SKY WE DEFENDop corn:
SARG5 is offline Find More Posts by SARG5