Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 20, 2011, 06:24 PM
If it flys I can crash it!!!
Townsville, Australia.
Joined Jan 2007
615 Posts
Shoe goo for sure, Gorilla glue is more brittle and is sort of hollow or porous when dry(it's a foaming glue)....good for depron/styro but no good for Elapor/EPO.
scatcat1 is offline Find More Posts by scatcat1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2011, 07:21 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroparts View Post
Hi FunCub fans.
This is our funcub built stock with original motor and prop. Full light equipped strobes landing light navlight etc.
3S 2500 as far as possible in the batt compartment.

GREAT paint scheme!
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Feb 20, 2011, 08:02 PM
boat butcher
Whittier CA.
Joined Oct 2009
1,090 Posts
Aeroparts,

Good looking fun cub . Is that what snow looks like

Mark
the goon is offline Find More Posts by the goon
Old Feb 20, 2011, 11:23 PM
It's all up from here..
Prince Rupert, Canada
Joined Aug 2007
2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
Recently while showing off inverted I reduced my first non UM foamie to a pile of white floaty bits, some of which blew away in the wind as I made that slow journey to scavenge any useful parts. **sigh** I really love this hobby

[snip]

Long story short questions ... should you use CA as stated by Multiplex and should it be with Kicker? Do you spray kicker on the (say) the motor mounts and then put the CA on the fuse or ??? What is the best way to use this stuff if you have to use it ...

remember I can't fail at this because she knows how much the FC cost!
Mutha....

The FunCub or any Multiplex model (AFAIK) will not be reduced to tiny bits of foam in a prang.....

Mine hit the pavement, nose first directly on the spinner and this is the result:

Here's a link to the post with the video...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2453

...2 pieces.....2 big pieces! A little torquing of the crumpled edges, some regular Medium CA and reinforced with 3/4 oz. fiberglass cloth/CA and it is as good as new. BTW, I never used any kicker for the major assemblies.....only on some small parts I wanted to cure quickly. The only concern I had during building was gluing the fuselage sides together.....thought it might take too long and the glue would dry before I was ready....had my flying buddy (he's the one that pranged the FC...!!) help me spread it, we slapped it together and he held it while I adjusted any misalignment...mostly in the air intake on the cowl. We wrapped it with elastics and let it set for awhile.

And, I've been out of R/C for quite a while until 4 years ago.....who had ever heard of an electric helicopter!!! Boy, did I get hooked again....now into FPV and the FunCub is my first platform....it is outstanding for the many roles we might assign to it....

Cuzn
CuznWeakEyes is offline Find More Posts by CuznWeakEyes
Old Feb 20, 2011, 11:24 PM
Charles Sherman
Victoria BC
Joined Sep 2009
277 Posts
Gorilla glue also comes in a clear format (at leats in my nexk of the woods) that doesn't expand and is just like ca but takes longer to dry.

Very good for when you need to make adjustments shortly after applying the glue.

Used it on the funcub - no problems.
csherman is offline Find More Posts by csherman
Old Feb 20, 2011, 11:31 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuznWeakEyes View Post
Mutha....

The FunCub or any Multiplex model (AFAIK) will not be reduced to tiny bits of foam in a prang.....

Mine hit the pavement, nose first directly on the spinner and this is the result:

...2 pieces.....2 big pieces! A little torquing of the crumpled edges, some regular Medium CA and reinforced with 3/4 oz. fiberglass cloth/CA and it is as good as new. BTW, I never used any kicker for the major assemblies.....only on some small parts I wanted to cure quickly. The only concern I had during building was gluing the fuselage sides together.....thought it might take too long and the glue would dry before I was ready....had my flying buddy (he's the one that pranged the FC...!!) help me spread it, we slapped it together and he held it while I adjusted any misalignment...mostly in the air intake on the cowl. We wrapped it with elastics and let it set for awhile.

And, I've been out of R/C for quite a while until 4 years ago.....who had ever heard of an electric helicopter!!! Boy, did I get hooked again....now into FPV and the FunCub is my first platform....it is outstanding for the many roles we might assign to it....

Cuzn
Cuzn,

I hate that when it happens, but the repair, like you said, was easy with a little medium CA and cloth.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2011, 12:24 AM
Joined Jan 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Cuzn,

I hate that when it happens, but the repair, like you said, was easy with a little medium CA and cloth.

Bill
What kind of landing gear modification did you make? How about a picture of the bottom of your FC?
Van Leuven is offline Find More Posts by Van Leuven
Old Feb 21, 2011, 03:31 AM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,484 Posts
I no longer use elastics to hold foam the grooves they leave dont come out easily, masking tape is better,even plastic wrap is handy.
olmod is offline Find More Posts by olmod
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:32 AM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by csherman View Post
Gorilla glue also comes in a clear format (at leats in my nexk of the woods) that doesn't expand and is just like ca but takes longer to dry.

Very good for when you need to make adjustments shortly after applying the glue.

Used it on the funcub - no problems.
Gorilla also has a CA "Super Glue". It is a medium CA that has micro rubber particles in it. I used it on my FC and it works very well. And it is available at most hardware stores, Lowes, Wally's etc. for those who don't have a LHS close.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:49 AM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroparts View Post
Hi FunCub fans.
This is our funcub built stock with original motor and prop. Full light equipped strobes landing light navlight etc.
3S 2500 as far as possible in the batt compartment.
Nice looking trim colors usedorange/white look good....battery is as far as possible..?

..forward.?..rearward.?Please explain.Thanks
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Old Feb 21, 2011, 08:18 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Leuven View Post
What kind of landing gear modification did you make? How about a picture of the bottom of your FC?
Here is a collage. I used hairbands, collars, allen head screws to create a nice suspension for the Funcub.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:14 AM
Portugal
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
Quote:
Use regular not Foam Safe CA on the FC. Kicker is your choice.
this one can be used?

I will start the build of mine with this one:

xenupy is offline Find More Posts by xenupy
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:18 AM
Joined Jan 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Here is a collage. I used hairbands, collars, allen head screws to create a nice suspension for the Funcub.
Thanks - I really like your set up!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:20 AM
Joined Jan 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuznWeakEyes View Post
Mutha....

Cuzn
CuznWeakEyes - What landing gear are you using? I see a second wire on each side. Do you have another picture that shows your landing gear better? Thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:47 AM
Geezer
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenupy View Post
this one can be used?

I will start the build of mine with this one:

Epoxy is not recommended on elapor, which is what the lower pic would seem to be. The top pic is CA type "Super Glue" but the viscosity is not shown. A "medium" CA is recommended. I am guessing a thin CA would tend to run quite a bit in areas that you don't want it. Check the "Important Notes" section, top of page 10 in the Fun Cub building instruction booklet.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Last edited by Rickochet; Feb 21, 2011 at 09:56 AM.