HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2010, 07:59 PM
Milwaukee WI
Joined Aug 2007
47 Posts
[QUOTE=Sammy70;
Have any pics of your firewall/motor mount setup?

Mine looks like this... I'm using an Acromaster power set so I thought I'd better beef it up a little. This includes an aluminum motor mount that I made.
No flight report as yet, hope to maiden this week.
jako is offline Find More Posts by jako
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2010, 08:32 PM
Clintonville, WI
Joined Jun 2008
273 Posts
jako,

Well done, looks as if it will work just great. From the picture, I assume the motor still attaches to the standard FC motor mount front plate, which is stiffend by the aluminum frame. Am I right or is the motor attached to the aluminum frame itself?
blinske is offline Find More Posts by blinske
Old Oct 06, 2010, 04:17 AM
w5kfg
Hattiesburg,MS
Joined Jun 2003
453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepople View Post
what reciever are you using?

k
I am using a dx7. when i initiate the flappron in the menu it messes up the ailerons. I have a seperate switch Aux 2 that i use for the flaps. All I want to do is get some down elevator whenI deploy the flaps. can anyone help
Bill
w5kfg is offline Find More Posts by w5kfg
Old Oct 06, 2010, 05:10 AM
Australia, QLD, North Lakes
Joined Sep 2010
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstcriusen View Post
Can you explain better what you did to the motor mount?
I just made a replica of the original mount but I used 50 though aluminum plate. It weighs about the same but it's a lot stronger and stiffer. I'm now swinging a 13" prop on a turnigy 3536 and it spins with no noticeable vibration at all revs. I also reinforced the plastic parts in the nose with additional resin when I fitted them on a count of vibration complaints on this forum.
Parkflyer1 is offline Find More Posts by Parkflyer1
Old Oct 06, 2010, 05:36 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w5kfg View Post
I am using a dx7. when i initiate the flappron in the menu it messes up the ailerons.
Bill
Can you explain this a little further? If you're using separate aileron channels you have to activate flaperon to get them to work together. If you're using a "Y" harness you don't. To get down elevator with flap you need to use a program mix with flap as master and elevator as slave.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Oct 06, 2010, 10:54 AM
Takeoff,Crash,Repair ...
Rio Vista, CA
Joined Jan 2007
226 Posts
Bill/w5kfg
Please clarify your servo to rx connections. Are you using 2 rx servo connectors for Ailerons or one with a Y cable? Flaperons are for using ailerons as flaps, but only work if you have the servos for each aileron and a separate Rx servo connector. The Fun Club has separate flaps so you do not want to set flaperons on. What model receiver/rx are you using? DX7 only tells us which transmitter/tx.
I don't have a Fun Cub (yet) but do have a Stevens Aero Shaft that uses 2 servos for ailerons and 2 servos for flaps. For it I used a 9 channel rx so all servos had there own channel. I'll try to set up a 6110 rx for use with 1 channel for ailerons and 1 channel for flaps. On th plane this means that servos must have been installed so that they move in the correct direction or have a servo reverser installed. So how your servos are installed may be important. If I remember from early in this thread, I think this required flipping one servo on each of flap and aileron to get movement correct. Hey, I'm old, I may not remember correctly! ;-)
Dean
kg6uvp is offline Find More Posts by kg6uvp
Old Oct 06, 2010, 01:09 PM
KJ6RCJ
United States, CA, Elk Grove
Joined May 2010
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w5kfg View Post
I am using a dx7. when i initiate the flappron in the menu it messes up the ailerons. I have a seperate switch Aux 2 that i use for the flaps. All I want to do is get some down elevator whenI deploy the flaps. can anyone help
Bill
Bill,

Check out Codimasta's entry on this page:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1280493

It helped me program and fine- tune my DX7/ AR7000 yesterday to enable ailerons and flaps on my FC.

Regards,

Gent
gent96 is offline Find More Posts by gent96
Old Oct 06, 2010, 04:38 PM
Milwaukee WI
Joined Aug 2007
47 Posts
[QUOTE=blinske;

From the picture, I assume the motor still attaches to the standard FC motor mount front plate, which is stiffend by the aluminum frame. Am I right or is the motor attached to the aluminum frame itself?[/QUOTE]

No, I made a new motor mount plate from aluminum, the side mounts are stock and attached to a thin wood ply frame/battery tray.

Jack
jako is offline Find More Posts by jako
Old Oct 06, 2010, 05:21 PM
Monaco
Joined Dec 2006
121 Posts
How much extra weight ?

I am modifying mine for AP. How much extra weight can the FC carry and still fly good and slow ?
EuroDriver is offline Find More Posts by EuroDriver
Old Oct 06, 2010, 06:25 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
Due to life getting in the way, my kit has been shelved for the moment. However, at the NEAT Fair, the one's that impressed me were running the 13" props. I'm going to go for either the Hacker A30-16M or A30-14L, have both available. After reading all the info about vibration, I'm thinking a rear support or rear mount might be a good idea. Even using 4 mounting screws, you have the weight of the motor cantilevered on a plastic mount, that can't be a great idea. I know I didn't like it on my Parkmaster and it appears to be the same configuration.

Azarr
I like the A30-16M much better, especially with the 13x4 prop. The 14L needs a much larger proper or it's a dog due to the lower KV, plus it's heavier. Personally, I think the 16M is the perfect Fun Cub motor.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Oct 06, 2010, 06:39 PM
Clintonville, WI
Joined Jun 2008
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jako View Post
No, I made a new motor mount plate from aluminum, the side mounts are stock and attached to a thin wood ply frame/battery tray.

Jack
Jako,

Thanks for the clarification. I now understand. Still looks great!
blinske is offline Find More Posts by blinske
Old Oct 06, 2010, 11:34 PM
Potage, MI
Joined Dec 2003
534 Posts
I've been using a Hacker A30-16M for a while but I only put the 13x4E prop on this week and I love it. The only down side is that it is easier to smack the prop on the ground. The 16M and 13x4E is a great combination.

Vince
Vince53 is offline Find More Posts by Vince53
Old Oct 07, 2010, 04:33 AM
Western Europe 52.7 N 8.9 W
Joined Jul 2007
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
I like the A30-16M much better, especially with the 13x4 prop. The 14L needs a much larger proper or it's a dog due to the lower KV, plus it's heavier. Personally, I think the 16M is the perfect Fun Cub motor.

Mike.

Now now Mike ....

To be fair to the Hacker A30-14L 800Kv it's almost the same Kv as the Funcub stock motor (Himax C 3516-0840) ....... same for power level .... same for weight and most importantly it's also the same shaft dia.(5mm) .... 12 x 6 gives me 330 Watts and, having wrecked a couple of 1100 clones due to vibration, a lot of happy flying hours todate (with no prop strikes) .......

If I get bored I might buy a 16M to see what you mean .....
hobie14 is offline Find More Posts by hobie14
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:31 AM
Melbourne, FL
Joined Dec 2004
1,016 Posts
I have the A30-14L on my plane turning an APCe 13x6.5. This works really well but the A30-16M APCe 13x4 combo works (IMO) better and is what we recommend to our customers. Less weight and better throttle responce. Speaking about weight, there is no reason (IMO) to use a pack larger than 3s 1800. I set my timer for 10 mins and typicaly put back 1200ma back in the pack. I have flown with 3s 1600 as well and the reduced weight makes a difference.

Danny
Esprit Model
F1 Rocket is offline Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 07, 2010, 11:09 AM
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Mar 2008
3,607 Posts
I really dont understand all the problems on this thread. I have probably 150 flights on mine with no issues at all other then the gear being soft and busting props and shafts. Guess I am one of the lucky ones. I am even thinking of mounting different gear. Anyone got any pics of the different gear mods they have done?
bigmoebbq is offline Find More Posts by bigmoebbq