HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Should this be stickied?
Yes 234 86.67%
No 36 13.33%
Voters: 270. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by nick84, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:02 AM
Joined Oct 2010
70 Posts
This is my sc10 rs i have no pics so a vid will have to do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ySf2Qpfrfs0
RCICE is offline Find More Posts by RCICE
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2011, 02:59 AM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
lol exsesivly large esc in that rusty =P
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic
Old Dec 18, 2011, 05:04 AM
Joined Nov 2011
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangamatchstic View Post
lol exsesivly large esc in that rusty =P
Definitely lol. It's for a 1/8 scale, but my choice was order a 100a sensorless from hong kong and wait weeks for it or spend like 3 more dollars on a 120a sensored/sensorless that was a bit bigger. and shipped from the US. I went the overkill route that saved me a bunch of time.

Might eventually order a smaller one just for weight and ease of mounting, but it definitely does what it needs to for now.
PowerSet is offline Find More Posts by PowerSet
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:10 AM
bashing on vancouver island
Joined Sep 2008
609 Posts
was there any kind of programming you had to do with the 120amp esc? or was it just plug and play?
veggieslinger is offline Find More Posts by veggieslinger
Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:18 AM
Joined Nov 2011
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieslinger View Post
was there any kind of programming you had to do with the 120amp esc? or was it just plug and play?
I want to get the programming card and set it up, but out of the box there is very little programming. But it's extremely easy and is right in the manual that comes with it.
PowerSet is offline Find More Posts by PowerSet
Old Dec 19, 2011, 01:45 PM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
My BIG BEAR truck.....sanding the body down don't know what color yet maybe a dark gray.Also have the windshield and driver.
yamar6 is offline Find More Posts by yamar6
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:26 AM
Joined Jun 2011
32 Posts
merv

this is my mini revo. i like the monster-ness of the revo 3.3 s i thought i'd make my merv into a real mt.
mrshreddd is offline Find More Posts by mrshreddd
Old Dec 23, 2011, 05:38 PM
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
make sure you all post your new pressys after xmas
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:08 PM
Joined Oct 2011
131 Posts
here is my "new" truck i've been working on, I figured I'd post up a few pics. Basically, I got a 2wd stampede as a roller from a buddy. He wrecked it pretty hard and there wasnt much left so I just put it on the shelf and its been there for a month. I couldnt sleep wednesday night so I went to the garage and an idea hit me. a rally truck. Basically all that was left on the truck was the entire rear end (trans, suspension, shocks body mount etc) and a few front end parts. the whole front suspension was gone as well as the electronics, he even left me with a blown 12t titan. The first think I did was grab a set of A arms off my exceed buggy and did a test fit. they were just fine but I decided to make the front end by hand so I did some major cutting and trimming to shorten the wheelbase up as well as make the front end ride lower. Next, I made my own shocks (the shocks were still on, but they were trash so I used parts out of the aluminum shocks from the buggy). Next, I went to my parts shelf and grabbed the XL-5 ESC and batter from MY stampede and bolted that on. I then got the 2.4ghz TX\RX off the shelf from my SC10 and wired it all up. he must have wrecked the front wheels because they werent there all I had were the rears so I grabbed the front wheels\tires that used to be on my AE SC10rs and did a test fit. they worked and gave me the look I wanted but I had rubbing issues all over so I did some more fab work as well as a camber adjustment to get the right look and clearance. I was looking to get an agressive stance with the camber of a SCT for east in the corners to take full advantage of my shortened wheelbase. by the morning a had a full roller 85% completed. a few hour later (and a trip to my LHS) I put in a venom fireball 13t 540 motor with a gear ratio of 86t spur and 21t pinion. after my first test run to ensure good gear mesh, adjust my slipper, adjust my camber and shock dampening I was able to run an entire pack through it problem free. for the body I used the rear body mount for a wing mount and drilled new holes in my exceed buggy wing. the stampede body that was on it was trash but i saw potential so I cut the bed off which left me a cab and hood. I fabricated my own front body mount, just a single post in the center and for the rear, a single mount secured to the electronics box. So far I have had a blast with this little project and I'm so proud with the work I did and to be able to say the front end it basically hand made makes me proud and so far, I havent seen a body design like mine yet. i hope to get a new body to paint up and revise my mounts but it will be the same look since the body is far from pretty, but hey having fun is what this hobby is all about right? sorry for such a long post, but I wanted to "show and tell"
CommanderCody is offline Find More Posts by CommanderCody
Last edited by CommanderCody; Dec 23, 2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:12 PM
Joined Oct 2011
131 Posts
sorry for the double post, but here is a pic of my rally truck next to my grinder monster truck, just for a size comparison. in the solo pics, the rally truck looks big, but once you put it next to the monster truck it looks small! doesnt help that my grinder is on an adjusted suspension for maximum lift
CommanderCody is offline Find More Posts by CommanderCody
Old Dec 24, 2011, 09:26 PM
ride hard and fly low
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
My Traxxas Trucks.
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:02 PM
Land simply means stop flying
United States, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jun 2011
61 Posts
My Losi Truggy (close enough to a truck right?) I race it motor recently died and esc is well but im gonna buy a Tekin RX8 esc and pro 4 motor for it the green tires are for bashing while i race with the white ones i use a 4 cell 5000mah Lipo and have just a simple JR racing servo for now but it's a very fun truck
raceingnub25 is offline Find More Posts by raceingnub25
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:24 AM
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
^thanks for posting the truggy pick as im about to paint my rc8te body and have been looking for ideas.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:50 AM
Land simply means stop flying
United States, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jun 2011
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangamatchstic View Post
^thanks for posting the truggy pick as im about to paint my rc8te body and have been looking for ideas.
No problem at all the main reason i like those colors is they stand out on the track so if ur gonna race keep that in mind
raceingnub25 is offline Find More Posts by raceingnub25
Old Dec 29, 2011, 01:41 AM
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
lol, funnily enough i dont race my rc8te, which is a ryan mailfeild edition, it is my basher while my slash (massvley modded) is my racer.