HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Should this be stickied?
Yes 244 85.02%
No 43 14.98%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by nick84, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:54 PM
WV
Joined Jun 2010
128 Posts
Cool man.. kydex is awesome stuff!
Tinytacohead is offline Find More Posts by Tinytacohead
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2011, 01:05 AM
Joined Nov 2011
10 Posts
Here comes my Megatron 8E monster truck

Here is the monster truck Megatron 8E. It is equipped with twin 7.4V 3200mAh 20C Lipo batteries, a 100A brushless electric speed controller, and KV2260 brushless motor.

The 2.4GHz transmitter comes with an LCD display, not bad.
rc2at is offline Find More Posts by rc2at
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:29 AM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
^posting advertisment......atleast its for a half decent looking product only bad thing i can see with the products is a crappy battery, but other than that looks good.
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic
Old Nov 22, 2011, 02:18 PM
Joined Oct 2011
131 Posts
Well, I started my Exceed 1\10 sunfire buggy to rally car conversion last night. As you can see, the whole car is pretty much disassembled. I took off the whole front and rear suspension, rear spoiler and mounting bracket, shock towers , motor assembly and electronics. I am in the process of ordering all the suspension and body parts- A arms, shock springs, shock towers, front bumper and body mounts. I am also looking at wheel\tire options. I'm thinking of going with HPI rally tires and their touring car wheels. the site says the rally wheels are direct fit to HPI's 26mm wheels, i just dont know about the hex size, so I might need an adapter. They only other option I'm looking at are the tamiya rally block tires, but I like the HPI offering a little more, they seem closer to scale. After I get the car back into a roller, I am going to order a traxxas XL-5 ESC with a Titan 12t motor. I'm going brushed for ease of use if I let others take it for a spin, and for snow running. along with the electronics, at that same time, I'll be ordering a body. If my estimations are correct, a tamiya Subaru Impreza body will fit. So far I can only find the body in clear and I am not skilled enough to paint it. I found the finished body of the tamiya site, its out of stock right now, the only downside is its around 70 bucks shipped, but it will give it that ultimate Subaru Rally USA scale look. Hopefully I'll have more pics within the next week or 2 with some progress. Enjoy these phase 1 pics!
CommanderCody is offline Find More Posts by CommanderCody
Last edited by CommanderCody; Nov 22, 2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 03:38 AM
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
my rc8te......tooooo fast even on 4s
http://s932.photobucket.com/albums/a...ovember130.jpg

racing slash
http://s932.photobucket.com/albums/a...07052011-1.jpg

And my first rc http://s932.photobucket.com/albums/a...DPhoto0057.jpg (heavily modded by this point)
Old Nov 27, 2011, 05:18 AM
Joined Oct 2011
131 Posts
I figured I'd post a quick update on my Exceed buggy\rally car conversion. I worked on it a little over thanksgiving break. I installed an XL-5 waterproof ESC and was able to bolt it down by drilling holes in the chassis. I also added a traxxas waterproof steering servo, had to disassemble it to make the arm move the right way but that was easy. I also installed an associated 2.4ghz RX. I temp. wired it up and everything works. I'm really glad I had all these parts on the shelf so my big money parts cost basically nothing. As stated before, even brushed the XL-5 and titan 12t combo will put out more power than the stock exceed brushed combo and will be great for my application (rally style driving in multi terrain and various terrain conditions). Just gotta place my order for the suspension and body parts and get a motor and place an order for the HPI wheels\rally tires and it will roll. last thing will be the body. All in all I'm looking at about 70 bucks total shipped not including the body. Maybe a bit pricey but this is a GREAT build experience so far and I'll be proud to say this is a custom rally car, especially when folks see it was once a buggy. I'll hopefully be able to post a new update in a week or two when my parts come in. hope yall had a great thanksgiving!
CommanderCody is offline Find More Posts by CommanderCody
Old Nov 27, 2011, 01:56 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, MT, Missoula
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
My Rigs

Here's some of my rigs...mainly used for FPV driving. I mostly fly RC FPV helis but when the weathers bad it's time to break out the trucks.

Crash9 is offline Find More Posts by Crash9
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:04 AM
United States, WI, Kenosha
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
revo with a few up grades , MGT 8.0

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
MGT 8.0
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
DJrevo is offline Find More Posts by DJrevo
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:22 AM
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
beautiful revo!! why such a small heat sink on the MGT?
Old Dec 01, 2011, 06:16 AM
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangamatchstic View Post
beautiful revo!! why such a small heat sink on the MGT?
thats the way it came so I added a little heat sink to her, just a little to hot for my likin, got it down to 250 ,270 or so when i run out of fuel and its still very rich and its all sealed up, here is a few mor pic's this winter I mit make my own heat sink just a bit bigger for those 90 to 100 degree days
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Old Dec 01, 2011, 06:33 AM
WV
Joined Jun 2010
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJrevo View Post
thats the way it came...
I have no expierience with those engines, but have you checked around to see if there're any alternative heads out there for/that'll fit it? Seems odd a big name like Associated would put an engine in a massive truck like that, with an inadequate heatsink.. at least without any possible ways to rake in more money, by putting a better one on the market. Probably wouldn't hurt to open up the windshield ventilation hole a little more either, (if ya haven't already).
Tinytacohead is offline Find More Posts by Tinytacohead
Last edited by Tinytacohead; Dec 01, 2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 03:05 PM
Bay Area
Joined Dec 2010
2,395 Posts
From Inside the Tonka Summit

All driven in FPV:
FPV - Ground Pounding - Tonka Summit Mayhem (2 min 2 sec)
CaliDave is offline Find More Posts by CaliDave
Old Dec 01, 2011, 07:49 PM
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
why imperial?
Old Dec 01, 2011, 07:52 PM
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
^another great vid cali
Old Dec 02, 2011, 03:59 AM
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinytacohead View Post
I have no expierience with those engines, but have you checked around to see if there're any alternative heads out there for/that'll fit it? Seems odd a big name like Associated would put an engine in a massive truck like that, with an inadequate heatsink.. at least without any possible ways to rake in more money, by putting a better one on the market. Probably wouldn't hurt to open up the windshield ventilation hole a little more either, (if ya haven't already).
I do have it cut out, close to half of the windshield
From what I have been reading a lot of people have this problem ,can't find a bigger head no where ,I would hate to guess so I'll try tuning for about 270 then add home made fin's once I get some good stuff to make it out of,it run's great, just a bit rich ,from what I hear it is a heli engine with a few more fin's on the head ,I may try a ESC mini fan first ,love the truck just a bit hot as all
[IMG][/IMG]