HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Should this be stickied?
Yes 240 86.33%
No 38 13.67%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by nick84, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:20 AM
Joined Oct 2011
131 Posts
here is my new truck! My Traxxas Advance Auto Parts "Grinder" replica fresh out of the box! The second pic is my truck with a new wheelie bar installed next to my buddy's stampede. The size difference while not much is noticeable. I only ran one pack through it and didnt have the bar on it since its dark and stormy here, but i know that wheelie bar will stabilize it a bit more (even though it does add weight and since the tires have no foam inserts they flatten ever so slightly) and I cant wait to take it offroad! The truck sure does look sharp though, wouldnt yall say?
CommanderCody is offline Find More Posts by CommanderCody
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:43 AM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
Losi micro crawler - custom tuber - yeah baby!

Finished this about a week ago. Crawling with it is so much fun because it looks so cool! I love it! Very pleased with how it turned out.
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Oct 28, 2011, 01:08 PM
United States, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Apr 2006
1,003 Posts
This is my SC10 with a new Pro-Line Raptor F150 SVT body on it. Great fit. It will work with other Short Course trucks, but it was obviously aimed at the SC10 first and foremost.

I airbrushed it using Faskolor paints. Metallic purple, metallic black, and various neons. Sealed it underside with black and then Rustoleum "Crystal Clear" spray. Good stuff.

I did the flames free hand on the outside of the body mask with a black fine tip sharpie. Then used liquid mask on the underside. Faux carbon fiber on the rear tubing structure area.

The SC10 truck is stock except for many RPM parts.

I airbrush bodies for extra hobby money for others if you are interested: http://www.indyhobbies.com/Airbrushing.html
HelloScott is offline Find More Posts by HelloScott
Old Oct 28, 2011, 01:39 PM
Joined Oct 2011
131 Posts
That is one beautiful truck Scott! +1 on the custom flames, they look sharp and that body is almost too nice to use! You should look into getting the factory team blue aluminum wheel hexes and a set of slash wheels. The ones with BFGoodrich mud terrains on them. I have 'em on my stock lucas oil SC10rs and they look so tough. I can only imagine what they would look like on your gorgeous raptor. One tough truck!
Old Nov 01, 2011, 03:17 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,003 Posts
Here's the same SC10 truck chassis as the one above with a new Pro-Line "Flo-tek" body airbrushed and mounted. I used Faskolor metallic orange, neon orange and white and black.
I opened the larger Flo-tek holes, but not the little ones. Those can't pass enough air to make that much difference...I think? Wasn't worth the hassle to me. The side could use a decal perhaps, but I'm undecided on that.

I left the rear frame work area clear between tubing. Looks nice. AKA tires shown.
Old Nov 01, 2011, 03:24 PM
WV
Joined Jun 2010
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloScott View Post
Here's the same SC10 truck chassis as the one above with a new Pro-Line "Flo-tek" body airbrushed and mounted...
They both look great, as always man! SOMEDAY I'm gonna send ya a body or two.. as soon as I can make myself take a break from spending all my $$$ on life-size cars.
Tinytacohead is offline Find More Posts by Tinytacohead
Old Nov 01, 2011, 03:37 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,003 Posts
Thanks! You can find me at H e l l o S c o t t @ a o l . c o m (remove the spaces).
Old Nov 01, 2011, 03:41 PM
WV
Joined Jun 2010
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloScott View Post
Thanks! You can find me at H e l l o S c o t t @ a o l . c o m (remove the spaces).
Already had your page bookmarked.
Old Nov 02, 2011, 11:32 AM
Joined Oct 2011
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinytacohead View Post
They both look great, as always man! SOMEDAY I'm gonna send ya a body or two.. as soon as I can make myself take a break from spending all my $$$ on life-size cars.
Its the life size car thats been killin me too!
Old Nov 02, 2011, 01:38 PM
Joined Oct 2011
131 Posts
Here is my SC10, as of now. The new wheels and tires came in this morning so I just got the whole truck back together and tog her for a spin on my track. The mud terrains may not have the best grip for the 2wd, but for backyard bashing and with an easy throttle finger the truck slides the track in a pretty close replica of the way the real ones drive and for backyard bashing I think they look sharp and give it a little more of a scale look. They do hook up great on the dirt jump for my dirt bike and actually makes makes the truck launch off that better and she lands great too now. the offest on the rear is a little more than the stock racing tires, but I think it adds a little more to the tough look so I trimmed up the body and I painted the windshield nets as well as the middle of the window for a more scale look, still need to finish the sides up. I'm still waiting for my 2 cooling fans and wires. Gonna mount them on the very back of the truck. It will help keep my motor and trans cooler, but mostly just for a nice scale look and you cant beat having functioning fans. Overall pretty happy with how it turned out!
Old Nov 02, 2011, 09:15 PM
WV
Joined Jun 2010
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderCody View Post
Its the life size car thats been killin me too!
Yeah.. and like RC's, I seem to think I need more than I can actually play with, (or afford ). Hmmm, while I'm here I suppose I'll include a pic or two, (that way my post doesn't get deleted). The SC10 looks great btw, post back when ya get the fans mounted! Here's my 10..

Old Nov 02, 2011, 09:35 PM
Joined Oct 2011
131 Posts
That looks great man! I'm in the same boat. I just got my stampede and im already looking at 3 different trucks. The Rustler, the summit and the E revo! I'm buying an Exceed nitro buggy just to see what all the fuss with nitro is and even though its a low end truck, if its really worth it, i will be getting a jato or a Tmaxx. cant play with em all at once, but i sure as heck can try! What real life car do you drive? looks like a vette in your pic, but its kinda small lol
Old Nov 03, 2011, 09:41 PM
bashing on vancouver island
Joined Sep 2008
609 Posts
hers a few pictures of my recently finished rustler. not a whole lot of stock rustler left here:

rpm front/rear a-arms
rpm front/rear camberlinks
rpm front/rear bearing carriers
rpm castor blocks
rpm front/rear shock towers
vxl esc/motor
stock steering servo
proline powerstroke shocks front and rear
jconcepts illuzion highflow body with simple black paint
wheely bar
proline dirthawgs mounted on axial beadlocks

and to top it off i dyed all the grey plastic parts black
veggieslinger is offline Find More Posts by veggieslinger
Old Nov 04, 2011, 06:04 AM
Wave Riding Vehicles
Louisburg,North Carolina
Joined Jun 2009
1,643 Posts
i have my first 1/10 truck but the body is stock, i did some upgrades but cause the stock body didnt no if i should post it or not???
HYDROJERRY is offline Find More Posts by HYDROJERRY