HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Should this be stickied?
Yes 244 85.02%
No 43 14.98%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by nick84, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 07:46 PM
bashing on vancouver island
Joined Sep 2008
609 Posts
heres a video of a couple toy grade rcs ive modded to run on hobby grade gear:

modded radioshack and tyco rc trucks (4 min 37 sec)

ive had all of them running at one point in time, but always had to pull escs and radio gear out for other projects. one of my favorite things to do is to mod toy grade stuff. heres another modded toy grade i did, but once again i had to pull the esc and servo out for something else:

http://www.youtube.com/user/veggiesl.../1/loGgQMDEzzE
veggieslinger is offline Find More Posts by veggieslinger
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2011, 05:50 PM
Oxford, MS
Joined Dec 2005
495 Posts
I haven't taken it offroad yet but I think it could handle a few bumps...

Build thread here

1/6 Scale RC Batman Tumbler Mod (8 min 20 sec)

replayreb is offline Find More Posts by replayreb
Old Oct 09, 2011, 08:02 PM
Wave Riding Vehicles
Louisburg,North Carolina
Joined Jun 2009
1,643 Posts
thats sweet good work man,, very cool!!!
HYDROJERRY is offline Find More Posts by HYDROJERRY
Old Oct 09, 2011, 11:13 PM
I fly,hover,sail,drive & crawl
USA, CA, Chino Hills
Joined Jan 2009
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayreb View Post
I haven't taken it offroad yet but I think it could handle a few bumps...

Build thread here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf14y2Rin6E

Very cool mod.
quiel is offline Find More Posts by quiel
Old Oct 12, 2011, 02:29 PM
Joined Oct 2011
131 Posts
Well I dont know how to follow the batmobile, but here is my SC10rs. I was having the ever popular parchute effect so I cut the windows out and added my own window net. I was going to paint it black, but I kinda liked the orange, gave it a standout effect. I also cut the fake vent holes in the grille so now they are real vent holes and painted that mesh black. No more parachute effect. She flies great and looks more scale. I was going to put my window mesh in at the back of the window like a true Sc truck, but my driver side window cracked after a bad wreck so I just cut it out and added the mesh there. Didnt wanna cut the whole window out because I dont want to loose too much strength in the body, I cut all the windows out in my truck and had bad body flex off jumps. I'm not quite finished with the netting, I still need to paint the remaining center of the windshield black. I like it, the truck looks tough and above all, works. It was easy enough to mak them up without spending more than the cost of glue, just took a tattered oversize load flag off my truck and cut to fit then glued into place. Currently waiting for my electric fans, going to add them to the rear for a true SC scale look while also giving the motor and trans some much needed cool air. Also getting an RPM front bumper and looking at installing bumper lights from RPM for night driving and just a cool factor. I think it will look sharp when its done so I'll post pics of the truck when I'm finished
CommanderCody is offline Find More Posts by CommanderCody
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:34 PM
Joined Oct 2011
131 Posts
I figured I would post an action pic for yall to see. This was taken by my buddy. We are in the process of building a short course track on my back yard. Nothing fancy, just a single dirt jump with 3 turns, 1 high bank and a whopps section. Anyway, I got the SC10 out for a few laps to test it out and he snapped a pretty neat pic. enjoy!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:36 PM
Joined Oct 2011
131 Posts
I might also point out that the drop off at the foot of that ramp is for the monster trucks. even at low throttle the SC10 clears it by a mile when racing the actual course. I dug it down for some pretty cool backflips with the stampede
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:17 PM
Joined Jun 2010
41 Posts
pic of the new body before i sled it down the road on the roof
carch is offline Find More Posts by carch
Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:57 PM
Joined Oct 2011
131 Posts
Heres another great action pic from my backyard track
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:07 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,856 Posts
Axial Scorpion

Just finished this up. THe head lights are mini led flashlights that I soldered wires up to, it runs off of a 9v battery.

This was the first 'rusty' paint job that I've done and I really like it.
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:16 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Looks awesome!
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:27 PM
Joined Sep 2008
609 Posts
nice rims heres a few pics of a rustler ive been working on for a while now. im going all out with this one with all the bells and whistles.

rpm arms
rpm castor blocks
rpm front and rear bearing carriers
rpm camberlinks
rpm shock towers(rear not installed yet)
proline powerstroke shocks front and rear
proline dirthawgs front and rear on axial beadlocks
vxl esc and motor
wheely bar

and im not done with it yet. still need rpm gear cover and front bumper, and im going to dye all the grey plastic black. ive also got a jconcepts illuzion body on the way that im going to have custom painted. i may also put an aluminum bellcrank steering setup and a metal spur gear in it as well. hopefully by this time next week i will have it all done and post more pictures of the finished product.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:45 AM
Joined Sep 2008
609 Posts
heres a picture of my latest additons to my collection. the big one with the rubicon body is a tamiya juggernaught, followed by a tamiya blackfoot and a midnight pumpkin. love the hell out of the vintage stuff
Old Oct 26, 2011, 05:23 AM
Joined Oct 2011
19 Posts
SAVAGE FLUX hp xl (3 min 26 sec)
joker custom rc is offline Find More Posts by joker custom rc
Old Oct 26, 2011, 06:58 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
Nice truck looks good with sct body, i have a savage flux conversion kit coming i want to build it from scratch, i have owned nitro savages for years & thought it time to give the electric a go they look like they have awesome power.

Cheers.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie