HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2010, 08:07 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
2,958 Posts
I am still struggling with my new CopterX kit and haven't been about to use it to fly yet, but it''s not the fault of the radio.

I can tell the PPM output from it is smoother/steadier than my other TX's when connected to a simulator.

I am happy with the purchase.

Thank you all for your responses.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2010, 05:53 PM
Joined Apr 2010
2 Posts
hello, i am intrested to buying this Radiolink T6EHP, i am just wondering, is it posible to flight planes with it?
Because, someone said there is two version, for helies and planes, but on e-bay i can find only this model, wich is seams for helies, but i would like to fly planes.
thank you
sibisi666 is offline Find More Posts by sibisi666
Old Apr 19, 2010, 06:15 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibisi666 View Post
hello, i am intrested to buying this Radiolink T6EHP, i am just wondering, is it posible to flight planes with it?
Because, someone said there is two version, for helies and planes, but on e-bay i can find only this model, wich is seams for helies, but i would like to fly planes.
thank you
The one for plane is called T6EAP. They have different mixing functions. For example the heli version has CCPM mixing for the 120 degree swashplate. That won't be useful on a plane. They are a few other mxings on the plane version instead. I don't know much about planes, I cannot tell you what would be useful but you can download the manuals to see what they do.

Search for T6EAP, you will find some on ebay. However it looks like it is cheaper from lowerpricerc:

http://www.lowpricerc.com/index.php?cPath=6

Unfortunately, they are mostly out of stock now.

Please note that there is a cheaper version called T6EAP-E (/T6EHP-E) which has a couple of switches less.

For T6EHP-E, that means it does not do D/R Expo. Please make sure you get the right one especially if you get one from ebay.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 06:35 PM
Who let the dogs out?
Pontefract, Yorkshire, UK
Joined Jul 2007
1,054 Posts
I've done a bit of work on the Radiolinks, mostly the T4U. Have a look in the Forum at http://www.giantcod.co.uk

Heres the dual receiver adapter

Heres the stick travel correction and variable rates

There are also some ideas more applicable to model boats, but might be interesting to read. Giantcod are the sole UK distributor and their forum has lots of Radiolink posts.

Cheers
Phil
phil_g is offline Find More Posts by phil_g
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:01 PM
Plane Insane RC.com
Spanish Fork Utah
Joined Mar 2005
1,327 Posts
I have a few of the T6EAP radios brand new in the boxes if anyone is interested. Find the lowest price you can including shipping and I'll match it and throw in an extra R6EH 6 channel receiver.
Ryan
chicken hawk is offline Find More Posts by chicken hawk
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:13 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibisi666 View Post
thank you
Mode 1 for Planes are back in stock on lowerpricerc:

http://www.lowpricerc.com/product_in...roducts_id=952

BTW, it is a 6CH radio, not sure if you would need more channels for planes. Hence someone managed to link two 4CH together.
Old Jun 04, 2010, 02:18 PM
UK
Joined Sep 2002
987 Posts
Has anyone had any range issues or lockouts with the T6EAP.
It is described as a 'reduced range set' with a ground range of 800 meters.
Anyone had any problems whilst using the set???

Brian
Brian Wa is offline Find More Posts by Brian Wa
Old Aug 18, 2010, 03:08 PM
North Fort Myers, FL
Joined Jul 2010
47 Posts
I saw your post regards to having some extra RadioLink T6EAP units and wondered if you might also have one of their buddy box cables which allows these to be linked up with a Futaba Tx?

My e-mail is ADorsai@aol.com

Thanks,

Andy V.
dorsai is offline Find More Posts by dorsai
Old Oct 05, 2010, 07:39 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
The one for plane is called T6EAP. They have different mixing functions. For example the heli version has CCPM mixing for the 120 degree swashplate. That won't be useful on a plane. They are a few other mxings on the plane version instead. I don't know much about planes, I cannot tell you what would be useful but you can download the manuals to see what they do.

Search for T6EAP, you will find some on ebay. However it looks like it is cheaper from lowerpricerc:

http://www.lowpricerc.com/index.php?cPath=6

Unfortunately, they are mostly out of stock now.

Please note that there is a cheaper version called T6EAP-E (/T6EHP-E) which has a couple of switches less.

For T6EHP-E, that means it does not do D/R Expo. Please make sure you get the right one especially if you get one from ebay.
I have the Heli version and it still has DR on CH 1 + 2 + 4 .... but no way to switch on / off unless the toggle switches on top ... presently Idle Up and Thrott Hold are used ?

I have mine on a Trex 450 3D clone and it works ... but I have issue with Chinese supplier as the LCD screen has a fault. Top left corner doesn't show - so you have to be careful what setting you are changing ... but radio works well ... Programming is simple and easily understood.

There is also a CD and cable available for the generic version of this radio ... but sadly not supplied it seems when you buy specific Plane or Heli versions. I want that CD as I want to be able to program the radio for various models and I believe the CD program will allow that ... or at least archive of each models settings ....

Does anyone have the CD for this radio ?

Cable - I believe is the same USB to Futaba round Din plug ... I have a universal USB to mono audio plug then adaptors to fit JR, Futaba etc. This works fine and I have it controlling HeliSimRc just as if it's real RC out in the garden !

I have to say that I like my other cheapo Chinese radio - Flysky 9ch 2.4Ghz ... but this 6ch job is so easy to play about with .... I've had an expert fly my Trex and he found it absolutely fine for the job ... as he said - why pay more ! I couldn't brave it to tell him it came RTF with the model ......
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Oct 05, 2010, 12:47 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
I have the Heli version and it still has DR on CH 1 + 2 + 4 .... but no way to switch on / off unless the toggle switches on top ... presently Idle Up and Thrott Hold are used ?
Would yours be the E model? The E has only 2 switches instead of 4. On the non-E, one of the 4 switch is for DR. It works on mine independent of the idle up and throttle hold switches.
Old Feb 05, 2011, 09:41 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5 Posts
Hey guys. I have a RadioLink T6EHP-E and I cannot get it to bind. I have read the manual front to back like 5 times took it to the hobby shop but they have never used a RadioLink before so they don't know how. The green light is on and I turn the controller on and push the Id set on the rx and nothing happens the green light flashes on the rx but that's it.
Please help I've had this thing for like a year and a half and can't get it.

Adam argue.
adamargue is offline Find More Posts by adamargue
Old Feb 06, 2011, 01:19 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamargue View Post
Hey guys. I have a RadioLink T6EHP-E and I cannot get it to bind. I have read the manual front to back like 5 times took it to the hobby shop but they have never used a RadioLink before so they don't know how. The green light is on and I turn the controller on and push the Id set on the rx and nothing happens the green light flashes on the rx but that's it.
Please help I've had this thing for like a year and a half and can't get it.

Adam argue.
There isn't too much secret on binding. Power up the TX and RX. Wait for the LED on RX to become solid. Then press the button and hold it for about 5 seconds.

I have 3 RX's so far and I have no problem in binding. We just need to do it once per RX.
Old Feb 06, 2011, 10:45 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
There isn't too much secret on binding. Power up the TX and RX. Wait for the LED on RX to become solid. Then press the button and hold it for about 5 seconds.

I have 3 RX's so far and I have no problem in binding. We just need to do it once per RX.

How long does it take to stop flashing I plug it in and it flashes and flashes.
Old Feb 06, 2011, 12:59 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5 Posts
This is what I do. Turn the radio on. Then turn the power to the recevier on. Then the light on the recevier is solid green. Then push the I'd set on the recevier and it flashes and flashes do I hold the button down. I do and it flashes and does not stop. But if I let go then it flashes then goes solid But It still isn't bound to the controller. Is there a mode the controller is supposed to be in I just have it on what ever it first pops up as. Model 1

Help!
Adam
Old Feb 06, 2011, 04:38 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamargue View Post
This is what I do. Turn the radio on. Then turn the power to the recevier on. Then the light on the recevier is solid green. Then push the I'd set on the recevier and it flashes and flashes do I hold the button down. I do and it flashes and does not stop. But if I let go then it flashes then goes solid But It still isn't bound to the controller. Is there a mode the controller is supposed to be in I just have it on what ever it first pops up as. Model 1

Help!
Adam
The manual says holding the button for about 5 seconds.

The last page of the manual suggests throttle fully down when we bind. I think it is for safety, if you have the RX installed on the heli, you should disconnect the motor. All the ESC's I am using, I need to reverse the throttle channel on the TX, if we got it run, you may have full throttle by accident even if you use throttle down.

I have done it once on each RX and I don't need to rebind since. I cannot tell you much more than that.

If none of the channels work, it looks like you really have a bad set. Can you returned it?

I bought my first set on ebays then extra RX's from lowpricerc.

The only issue I have so far is that the TX loses its memory quite easily. I suspect a gitch during charging or something. When that happens, I have to reprogram the entire TX again as we can't save the configuration to anything else.