HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 11, 2010, 09:58 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2007
35 Posts
Discussion
Availability of Hyperion EOS 0720i NET3 ?

I need to purchase a charger. I want the Hyperion EOS 0720i NET3, but I can't find anyone (preferably in USA) that has it in stock. Is the EOS 720i too new and not been released yet? If so, is there any idea of when it will be available for purchasing? Should I just pick another model instead of waiting for the 720i to become available?
Pull-Up is offline Find More Posts by Pull-Up
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:13 AM
Electric Helis is my game
MrMel's Avatar
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
They where out of stock pretty much everywhere but getting in stock again mid march according to Aircraft world
MrMel is offline Find More Posts by MrMel
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:21 AM
Love my Raven's!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
This place has it but they are a bit higher than other places.
http://larrys-rc.com/xcart/HYPERION-...G-CHARGER.html

If you are patient, you can get it for $149.99 elsewhere or email or call Larrys-RC and quote ALLERC's price to see about a price match.

They can't argue about ALLERC not being a legit price since ALLERC is the retail arm of the Hyperion US distributor Empire
cryhavoc38 is online now Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:56 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2007
35 Posts
Just called Larry-RC. They are out-of-stock too.
Pull-Up is offline Find More Posts by Pull-Up
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:12 AM
Southern Pride
everydayflyer's Avatar
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,545 Posts
I thought most were purchasing under $40 from Hobby Hot Deals. Imagine enough wanting quality to cause a shortage.
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:30 AM
Love my Raven's!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
I thought most were purchasing under $40 from Hobby Hot Deals. Imagine enough wanting quality to cause a shortage.
Charles charles...
You need to go flying or something. You are wound up too tight my man.


You need to remember a couple very important facts.
This hobby of ours attracts many different people from all economic backgrounds and of all economic means.

Some wish only to buy top dollar hardware and are perfectly happy to do so.

Some wish to stretch their hobby dollar and buy perfectly functional hardware and are perfectly happy to do so.

Some wish to buy a mix of top dollar hardware and less expensive hardware to suit the particular need(s).

There is no reason why someone such as yourself should resort to denigrating remarks pertaining to the free will and choice of others in this hobby.

A $35 charger is perfectly capable of doing the job its designed to do versus a $200 charger that is designed to do the exact same thing, but adds a few extra bells and whistles. Dont you think?

Same thing applies to every aspect of this hobby.
I'd take a $100 hobbywing 100amp HV speedo over a $250 Jeti Spin or $189 Castle HV speedo every day of the week and twice on Sundays, because my experience has shown me that the Hobbywing line of controllers are great, and dollar for dollar, are just as capable as those other name brands, albeit without some of the bells and whistles.

You should really think about this before you get all "uppity" if someone can only spend < $50 for a charger versus those others who can plop $299 for the top shelf name brand charger without thinking that its too expensive and doesn't fit their budget.
cryhavoc38 is online now Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:00 PM
Southern Pride
everydayflyer's Avatar
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,545 Posts
But see I do not agree. A $50 charger is not as good as a $300 charger even if the bells and whisles are never used. It has to do with the quality of the components and the QC during manufacturing as well as the time ,money spent in product development.

Same with LiPolys. A $9 and a $90 one are not the same.

I have no problem with those who purchase bargine brands. I have always said it is your money spen it as you wish.


Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:13 PM
Love my Raven's!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
But see I do not agree. A $50 charger is not as good as a $300 charger even if the bells and whisles are never used. It has to do with the quality of the components and the QC during manufacturing as well as the time ,money spent in product development.

Same with LiPolys. A $9 and a $90 one are not the same.

I have no problem with those who purchase bargine brands. I have always said it is your money spen it as you wish.


Charles
hmm,

So if this is all someone could afford AND it does everything they need it to do..

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=3701

It sucks in comparison to this charger...by your reasoning that

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
But see I do not agree. A $50 charger is not as good as a $300 charger even if the bells and whisles are never used. It has to do with the quality of the components and the QC during manufacturing as well as the time ,money spent in product development.
http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=4632

One last thing.

If price equates "quality" in your way of seeing things, why is it that you are not flying MAXAMPS lipo's on a daily basis?

I mean a 3s 2200 (unknown c rating) Maxamps pack is still listed at $89.99, give or take a couple bucks depending on the connector of choice.
http://maxamps.com/products.php?cat=187

Or for that matter, why don't we hear you espousing the high quality of Common Sense packs when they still list their 2000mAh 3s 20c pack at $74.95
http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...roducts_id=142

Price equates quality, so Charles should be flying Maxamps and CS packs everyday no?


By the way, I do have the Hyperion EOS 720i Net3 charger and I love its capabilities and features.

I also have two Battman chargers and a Turnigy Accucel 8.

Each have a function to me and suit those functions just fine.
cryhavoc38 is online now Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Mar 11, 2010 at 12:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 02:00 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2007
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
By the way, I do have the Hyperion EOS 720i Net3 charger.
Do you want to sell it ?
Pull-Up is offline Find More Posts by Pull-Up
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 02:57 PM
Love my Raven's!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-Up View Post
Do you want to sell it ?
Heck no!
I use it at 10A charge rates for my 5000 5s packs.
cryhavoc38 is online now Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 07:14 PM
Registered User
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post

This hobby of ours attracts many different people from all economic backgrounds and of all economic means.

Some wish only to buy top dollar hardware and are perfectly happy to do so.

Some wish to stretch their hobby dollar and buy perfectly functional hardware and are perfectly happy to do so.

Some wish to buy a mix of top dollar hardware and less expensive hardware to suit the particular need(s).

There is no reason why someone such as yourself should resort to denigrating remarks pertaining to the free will and choice of others in this hobby.

A $35 charger is perfectly capable of doing the job its designed to do versus a $200 charger that is designed to do the exact same thing, but adds a few extra bells and whistles. Dont you think?

Same thing applies to every aspect of this hobby.
I'd take a $100 hobbywing 100amp HV speedo over a $250 Jeti Spin or $189 Castle HV speedo every day of the week and twice on Sundays, because my experience has shown me that the Hobbywing line of controllers are great, and dollar for dollar, are just as capable as those other name brands, albeit without some of the bells and whistles.

You should really think about this before you get all "uppity" if someone can only spend < $50 for a charger versus those others who can plop $299 for the top shelf name brand charger without thinking that its too expensive and doesn't fit their budget.
Spend your money as you please, but don't come on here an complain when:

1) Your LHS is gone, but you spent 99.9% of hobby $$$ buying from overseas.

2) When you had to wait 8 weeks for warranty replacement and it's the middle of flying season and you had to spend 50% of the purchase price just to ship it back overseas.

3) When there's no number to call for technical support and they don't respond to your emails and even if they do respond you can't understand what they're saying.

4) The manual you got isn't in English.

Lastly, and most importantly,

5) You're unemployed because your boss replaced you with someone making 1/3 as much, because, everyone is entitled to the best deals possible, right?

Spend as you wish. Just remember, what comes around, goes around.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 09:52 PM
Love my Raven's!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts


to quote you PeteB

"Assess the marketplace and purchase what's best for your needs. "
cryhavoc38 is online now Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:42 PM
Registered User
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post


to quote you PeteB

"Assess the marketplace and purchase what's best for your needs. "
That's right. It goes without saying to "take responsibility for your actions". Do I really need to explicitly state that?
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:43 PM
Registered User
EricJ320's Avatar
Knoxville, TN
Joined Dec 2005
1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteB View Post
Spend your money as you please, but don't come on here an complain when:

1) Your LHS is gone, but you spent 99.9% of hobby $$$ buying from overseas.

2) When you had to wait 8 weeks for warranty replacement and it's the middle of flying season and you had to spend 50% of the purchase price just to ship it back overseas.

3) When there's no number to call for technical support and they don't respond to your emails and even if they do respond you can't understand what they're saying.

4) The manual you got isn't in English.

Lastly, and most importantly,

5) You're unemployed because your boss replaced you with someone making 1/3 as much, because, everyone is entitled to the best deals possible, right?

Spend as you wish. Just remember, what comes around, goes around.

Pete, I think you left one off, and it's nearly as important in my opinion....

6. When innovation and product development is a thing of the past, so be happy with what you have now, it may have to last you awhile!

It's no coincidence most of the $50 and under chargers are complete knock-off's of a more expensive product. When we finally run all the innovative companies out of business, what will be left? Hobby King? When's the last time they developed anything on their own? I'm very much in favor of buying what YOU want with YOUR money. Although, I do feel people need to realize a bit more the road we are headed down has some very negative consequences for the hobby. But, I also realize that's a hard decision to make when the prices seem so good. It's a true struggle, but one I personally try to balance between what's best for my wallet, and what's best for the hobby as a whole.
EricJ320 is offline Find More Posts by EricJ320
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:36 AM
Love my Raven's!
cryhavoc38's Avatar
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteB View Post
That's right. It goes without saying to "take responsibility for your actions". Do I really need to explicitly state that?
well I have to say I'm not trying to turn the OP's posting into a battle between like minded individuals, as I said, I buy what fits my needs and that varies between top dollar stuff and quality items at a lower cost without the name brand markup.

With regards to local or US based shops going out of business, my local Hobby shops get plenty of my money and I don't only shop at overseas stores when I reach out via the internet.

Regarding innovative companies going out of business, thats their issue. In that, I mean if they can't compete in the Global economy and are too rigid with their pricing structures, then thats on them.

Mega Motors USA here in WA state is a prime example.
They didn't have to keep such a rigid price structure in place in light of declining sales and I wonder if they could have negotiated a lower wholesale price from Mega CZ in order to be able to drop the msrp and still have a workable profit margin.

Hyperion gets their chargers from SJ Propo in Korea.
SJ Propo has the right to also market their OEM chargers to other retailers/brands such as the Mega and Fusion and a couple others.
I'd rather pay $190 for a Mega Gemini DUO, versus $299 or more for the exact same thing but without the Hyperion name.

I don't owe anything to Hyperion, so I will buy the same product at a lower price with a different name. Having said that, I have 8 Hyperion VX G3 lipo's in various sizes. My inventory doesn't only include Hobbypartz Blue's and turnigy/rhino/flightmax.

I really dig my EOS 720i Net3 charger. I bought it used for $100 and it was money well spent.

I bought my Turnigy Accucel 8150 for about $70 shipped, and it is also money well spent as its great for my small to mid sized packs.

I was sent the Battman chargers for evaluation.
I would have gladly bought them at their sub $40 price point because they are highly accurate chargers with solid electronics and design inside and do exactly what I need them to do. That is, they are a simple to use charger that works perfectly for my 2200 3s packs and below.

as for taking responsibility for my actions? I'm really not sure where you are going with this. Perhaps you are speaking in general terms to the population and not directing that towards me exclusively.

I buy a mixed bag of hardware. Overseas and local. None of it is made in the USA. Its all made in either Taiwan, South Korea or China.
cryhavoc38 is online now Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Hyperion EOS 7I Charger Robert Burson Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 1 Mar 20, 2010 02:17 PM
Discussion Hyperion EOS 0606i bighead93 Batteries and Chargers 3 Mar 01, 2010 06:26 PM
For Sale Hyperion EOS 0720i-Net3 Li/NiMH/A123 Balancing Charger (7S/20A/250W) s002wjh Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Jan 13, 2010 02:48 PM
Discussion Duo3 vs net3 vs eos? RCFUN12 Batteries and Chargers 3 Dec 21, 2009 12:19 PM
Discussion Hyperion EOS 0720i NET Charger Randy -- Batteries and Chargers 46 Oct 16, 2009 03:21 AM