SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:27 PM
Joined Jan 2010
137 Posts
Question
Quanum 2.4ghz Telemetry

I received today the quanum 2.4ghz voltage monitor but I cannot get it to bind. I've followed the inctruction, done it in reverse too, but NOTHING!!

Is there something else I could try?
DjBac is offline Find More Posts by DjBac
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:52 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Dec 2005
1,502 Posts
Try looking in this thread, may have some answers there. If not, at least it's a pretty active thread to ask your question.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1192809
EricJ320 is offline Find More Posts by EricJ320
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:55 PM
Joined Jan 2010
137 Posts
Thanx
Old Mar 11, 2010, 01:58 PM
Yes my name is Cessna.
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2010
191 Posts
DjBac, I got mine a few days ago and had the same problems. The key was the post that said to take the transmitter, hold down the little button next to the flashing green light, and then plug it into the battery balance plug (while holding the button down). I had my receiver on at the time and it poped up with the voltages immediately.

I had tried everything before that and was about ready to trash the darn thing. But when I did the above everything lit up. Let us know if that works.
wcessna is online now Find More Posts by wcessna
Last edited by wcessna; Mar 11, 2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 02:49 PM
Joined Jan 2010
137 Posts
Still no result!!!

Could you please write down exactly the steps you followed?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 07:36 PM
Yes my name is Cessna.
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2010
191 Posts
I'll try. I went thru so many variations I am not completely confident of what the state was in #1. It had to be either what is below or just plainly powered up.

1) I had the receiver on and I had started it by holding the Bind button down and turning on the power.

As a result of the above the receiver started and said "Binding..." at the bottom of the screen.

2) I then picked up the transmitter. I push down the little button (next to the light and Antenna). While holding it down I inserted it in the battery.

At this point the green light started blinking and the voltage showed up.

If it that does nothing I would restart the reciever and not push the bind button. Let it power up. Then push the bind button. Let's hope for the best then.

Now I never have to deal with the button on the transmitter. If it is not seeing the transmitter I simply push the Bind button on the reciever and it says searching and then it pops up.
Last edited by wcessna; Mar 11, 2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 05:35 AM
Joined Jan 2010
137 Posts
Nope, it won't work!!

Even if i simply turn on the Rx and the push the BIND button it won't say Searching...
Old Mar 12, 2010, 07:35 AM
Yes my name is Cessna.
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2010
191 Posts
Power on the receiver while holding the Bind button. Hold the bind button down... and then power it on.
1) You have to hold the Bind button down (Holding it too long is not possible I found)
2) While still holding the Bind button down.. Push and hold the power button
3) It will beep and as soon as you see the LCD light up let go of the power button.. (you should still be holding the bind button down).
4) It should say "Binding...." across the bottom of the screen

If you hold the power button down too too long in the above sequence, it will simply power down.

Getting into that mode is not dependent on the transmitter. After it powers up I assume you get the screen that simply tells the version and that it is a voltage monitor? If so and you hit the Bind at that point what does it do? Curious if you see the battery indicator in the bottom left corner and the antenna indicator on the bottom right corner?

To be honest if you can not get into the mode where it says "Binding..." Or after you power it up and then you push the bind button it does not say searching then I would assume the receiver is bad and has to be returned. That would be a bummer. At least you can go to the Hobbycity site and there is a link where you put you order in and it spits out the RMA and address info. No need to get someone on the phone.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 07:58 AM
Joined Jan 2010
137 Posts
I can see the display saying binding... But nothing happens!! Should it be that hard??
Old Mar 12, 2010, 10:14 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,834 Posts
No it should be very simple. As mentioned in post #2 there is another active thread on this device. It has several hints for binding.

Yes the instructions suck. Instructions on their web site are no better . different from ones on the packaging.

As I have posted mine was difficult the first several times and in fact I had to dcut the reciever off and back on each time I connected a battery to the transmitter. It now binds very fast every time and I have not touched a bind button in a while now.
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Mar 12, 2010, 05:22 PM
Joined Jan 2010
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcessna View Post
At least you can go to the Hobbycity site and there is a link where you put you order in and it spits out the RMA and address info. No need to get someone on the phone.

I cannot seem to find this link!!
Is there anywhere specific?
Old Mar 12, 2010, 07:03 PM
Yes my name is Cessna.
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2010
191 Posts
1) Go to HobbyKing site
2) Login (assume you have a login to look at your orders)
3) Click on "Support" at top of page
4) Scroll down to "Warranty Support Page" and click on it
5) That should take you to take you to the right page..
6) Fill it out and it will return a page with the return address to use along with an RMA number
Old Mar 12, 2010, 07:05 PM
Yes my name is Cessna.
USA, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2010
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjBac View Post
I can see the display saying binding... But nothing happens!! Should it be that hard??

So being at this point.. taking the transmitter in hand and holding the button down on it while inserting it into the battery does no good huh?
Old Mar 13, 2010, 01:34 AM
Joined Jan 2010
137 Posts
Quote:
1) Go to HobbyKing site
2) Login (assume you have a login to look at your orders)
3) Click on "Support" at top of page
4) Scroll down to "Warranty Support Page" and click on it
5) That should take you to take you to the right page..
6) Fill it out and it will return a page with the return address to use along with an RMA number
Thanx!!!
I will send it back on Monday!

Quote:
So being at this point.. taking the transmitter in hand and holding the button down on it while inserting it into the battery does no good huh?
Yeap, nothing after that!
Old Apr 13, 2010, 05:58 AM
Brisbane,Australia
Joined Apr 2010
1 Posts
Hi just got mine,from HK,followed the instructions didn't work..finally work it out how to set it..Press the BIND botton the Transmitter while connecting to the battery balance plug,Press both the BIND and POWER bottons,on the Receiver (dont press this two bottons too bloody long otherwise the screen shut downs) and release the BIND botton on the Transmitter. hope this helps cheers
thunderdown is offline Find More Posts by thunderdown