HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by FresnoJay, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 02:29 AM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,216 Posts
Discussion
My Big Babies.

These are my biggest flying birds at the moment. FreeWing SU-34 and EFlite F-15.

The FreeWing SU-34 is stock and is just under 1:1 thrust. Only 2 departures from the stock setup is the Turnigy/FlightMax 4S 5000 30C batts and the C/F spars I added to handle the weight of the large pack.

The EFlite F-15 is in no way stock. Sports 2 SAPAC 64mm units, 2 4000Kv outrunners, 2 Turnigy 60A Plush ESC, EFlite Servo Less Retracts, and Turnigy 4S 4000 30C Batt. This plane has now moved on to a new owner as she was recently sold.

Both of these fly awesome and are real head turners.

Jason

FresnoJay's FreeWing SU-34TV (6 min 1 sec)

EFlite F-15 Eagle Flight #3 (3 min 55 sec)
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Last edited by FresnoJay; Aug 30, 2010 at 11:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:20 PM
AAces High
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Feb 2009
2,070 Posts
Beautiful planes Jay! They look pretty fast. This is where I want to be some day. I have to join the AMA and get into a club because I could never get one of those up in the air and back down very well flying in a park. Or could I?

Enjoy them!

Reset
aeronaught is online now Find More Posts by aeronaught
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:56 PM
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,216 Posts
I would say these are not parkies. But there are a few that do fly them in parks just very carefully. The ones that do fly in parks are typically hand tossers without the gear. I have had many tossers and still do. I just do like to take off and land on gear. Maybe its the scale bug taking hold but it looks so sweet. I have video of each too so I should probably post it in here with them. Gonna dig it up and post it up.

Jason
Old May 17, 2010, 03:51 AM
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,216 Posts
Ok wanted to update on the F-15. The SAPAC fans have now been replaced by FreeWing fans as I had an incident a little over 3 weeks ago while landing. I ended up FOD'ing out a unit and since the SAPAC units are pricey and rather hard to come by I chose to go with the FreeWing units. Just had to balance the FW units but the result is a very nice sounding running unit. I have a FW unit with one of the 4000's in a PH-3 F-16 and she is a missile with no issues, of course that fan was also balanced. I have run up the units on the F-15 but have not flown it yet due to work and weather.

Jason
Old Dec 13, 2010, 11:26 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,660 Posts
Nice flat spin...sounds great too.
Russ
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 Drawing to a close!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 11:27 PM
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,216 Posts
Balancing the fans on EDF's make all the difference IMHO. Nothing sounds nicer than a nicely balanced EDF. They just sing . Love doing the flat spins and still do them on just about every flight. The 3D and Heli guys love watching me fly it. Even if they say its not normal to watch a EDF do flat spins .

Jason
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:36 AM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,660 Posts
Re: Heli guys

Yeah, like it's "normal" for helis to do loops and rolls too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoJay View Post
Balancing the fans on EDF's make all the difference IMHO. Nothing sounds nicer than a nicely balanced EDF. They just sing . Love doing the flat spins and still do them on just about every flight. The 3D and Heli guys love watching me fly it. Even if they say its not normal to watch a EDF do flat spins .

Jason
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 Drawing to a close!