HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2010, 10:53 PM
Joined Oct 2009
128 Posts
Discussion
Fly Dream 2.4G V3 launched??

Fly-Dream launchs the new version RC system
Under the strong expectation and helpful suggestions by massive RC hobbyists, based on our continual effort on the R&D of 2.4GHz Tx module & Rx, Fly-dream launches V3 (=Version3) 2.4Ghz Tx module which isnot only with high reliability, wide compatibility, easy output power control, flexible ID identification and less power consumption, but also the first Tx module for hobbyists to open the firmware upgrade in the RC field.

Fly-Dream redesigns the circuit of Tx module, through adopting a streamlined circuit instead of original complex one, to achieve a higher stability and wider compatibility in the PPM transition of transmitter. Through more effective improvement in the frequency selection, V3 is able to resist the interference by at least one 2.4GHz analog video signal.

Before V3, Fly-dream successfully developed the V2 2.4GHz RF board which had a simple structure and easy control of PA & LNA. The Rx of V2 has a high sensitivity in long-distance and jam-free in short-distance. The Tx module of V2 can control the PA easily to exercise the range test in the very short distance replacing the test method through walking hundred meters away

V3 2.4 GHz TX module firstly adopts DC-DC to achieve working voltage conversion, which brings the higher efficiency and less energy-consuming. In the contrasting test, the Fly-Dream engineer found that the Tx module temperature goes up obviously after long-time use in summer when using the linear voltage regulator, the working current of Tx module can reach 200mA. But using the DC-DC, Tx module current lowers to 30mA, even in the summer, the hobbyist never feel the hot in Tx module because of low working current and improved efficiency.

With the Fly-Dream 2.4Ghz V3 Tx module, the hobbyists will enjoy higher reliability, more convenience such as range test in short-distance and independent changing ID. Fly-Dream V3 consumes extremely less energy than the conventional 72MHz system and present 2.4GHz RC systems in market. Not only having the transmitter battery lasts long time, but also avoiding the happiness spoiling by the worries of module reliability caused by its temperature rising.

We always insist on collecting suggestions from massive hobbyists and technology improvement. As usual, hobbyist need to return the Tx module to manufacturer for firmware upgrade, it will consume a certain of time and freight, but it will change from now on because of Fly-Dream V3 which is the pioneer to open the firmware upgrade function to hobbyists in RC field, you just need to buy the specialized firmware loading cable, and make a risk commitment for firmware upgrade, then you can upgrade the firmware by yourself any time.
flydreamrc is offline Find More Posts by flydreamrc
Last edited by flydreamrc; Mar 10, 2010 at 11:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2010, 06:26 PM
Manila, Philippines
Joined Jul 2004
1,203 Posts
looks good.....I like that it really avoid the 2.4 GHZ Video signal.....is it DSSS or FHSS ?
lazy-b is offline Find More Posts by lazy-b
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:19 PM
Joined Oct 2009
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy-b View Post
looks good.....I like that it really avoid the 2.4 GHZ Video signal.....is it DSSS or FHSS ?
Dear Lazy,it is FHSS,Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:22 PM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy-b View Post
19 channels of FHSS according to the public record of the FCC ID.
If this link works you can see for yourselves.
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Mar 11, 2010, 09:20 AM
USA, IL, Barrington
Joined Feb 2001
1,949 Posts
Looks promising. Would like to hear more from users. Any field tests done in the USA?

Pete
peterv is offline Find More Posts by peterv
Old Mar 12, 2010, 02:04 AM
Joined Oct 2009
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterv View Post
Looks promising. Would like to hear more from users. Any field tests done in the USA?

Pete
Dear pete,
Our agent in USA will get our V3 version package next Monday or Tuesday!
Some users had ordered from him ,i wish they can enjoy their test on this !
thanks!
roma
Old Mar 12, 2010, 07:45 AM
USA, IL, Barrington
Joined Feb 2001
1,949 Posts
Thank you for the update Roma! If you are looking for a beta tester I am available! Have 5 different RC transmitters all on 72 MHz. 10 ready to fly planes. Fly indoor, park and on water. How and when are these modules available in the USA?

Pete
peterv is offline Find More Posts by peterv
Old Mar 12, 2010, 07:56 AM
Hervey Bay, Sunny Qld, Australia
Joined Jun 2001
1,769 Posts
Awesome.

Just waiting now for my local supplier to get the FD gear in. We had a very favouring review in an Australian magazine "Airborne" about this 2.4 gear and I had to have it.
Masterpiece is offline Find More Posts by Masterpiece
Old Mar 12, 2010, 08:00 AM
Joined Oct 2009
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterpiece View Post
Awesome.

Just waiting now for my local supplier to get the FD gear in. We had a very favouring review in an Australian magazine "Airborne" about this 2.4 gear and I had to have it.
hehe ,don't worry about it ,i think you can get them next week ,bcs we had sent the orders out ! Thanks !
Old Mar 12, 2010, 08:18 AM
Brusque-SC-Brazil
Joined Mar 2010
17 Posts
We have using on our flying club in Brazil, FD V1 and V2 modules and receivers since one year ago without any problems, long range and very easy to use sistems, thanks FD.
rafabianchini is offline Find More Posts by rafabianchini
Old Mar 12, 2010, 08:49 AM
Brusque-SC-Brazil
Joined Mar 2010
17 Posts
Schematis and pics for DIY FD installation

This is very easy, you just need to find +(vcc), -(gnd) and signal (mod) inside your TX.
This schema shows how to install the DIY with one more 6 pin switch, to jump from FM to FD 2,4ghz, this way you can continue using old FM sistems or just switch to FD 2,4ghz.
The pics are from Futaba 7cap TX.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 09:01 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,655 Posts
The above apply for any module based radio and any other module manufacturer
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Mar 12, 2010, 09:05 AM
Brusque-SC-Brazil
Joined Mar 2010
17 Posts
here are some pics
Old Mar 14, 2010, 08:19 AM
Joined Oct 2009
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabianchini View Post
here are some pics
your installation is nice!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 03:53 AM
Joined Oct 2009
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterv View Post

Pete
Dear pete,
I had sent our agent( in USA )information to you,pls check your mailbox ,thanks!