SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 09, 2010, 12:09 AM
Say watt?!
United States, FL, Miami Lakes
Joined May 2009
278 Posts
Discussion
GravityHobby Micro P-51

I saw this GravityHobby website a few weeks ago and I've been looking through it. They have this line of 19 inch brushed warbirds for $15.99 that look promising.

I like the little P-51 and the ZERO. All you need is a 7-amp ESC, a couple of micro-servos, a 450 mAh 7.4 lipo and RX. I'd add a BL motor and ESC and throw that brushed atrocity away. Rudder and Elevator only! ghey... This seems like a bit too much trouble for a cheap-o foamy :/ http://www.gravityhobby.com/product.php?productid=16139

Has anyone owned this? Does it look like something you've seen before? Any input would be great.
killerwin is offline Find More Posts by killerwin
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2010, 12:27 AM
's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
1,419 Posts
These planes are a continuation of the COX micro warbird line. I very much like them and I have build several of them.

There are some threads where people have shown their experiences and alterations of these planes.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1133454

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=812119

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438256

I hope you have some time on hand to read, there are a lot of posts.

Robert

ps. the mustang is my least favourite of the lot, I suggest you pick one of the others for a nice flying plane.
Rotatorus is offline Find More Posts by Rotatorus
Old Mar 09, 2010, 12:58 AM
Say watt?!
United States, FL, Miami Lakes
Joined May 2009
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatorus View Post
These planes are a continuation of the COX micro warbird line. I very much like them and I have build several of them.

There are some threads where people have shown their experiences and alterations of these planes.

I hope you have some time on hand to read, there are a lot of posts.

Robert

ps. the mustang is my least favourite of the lot, I suggest you pick one of the others for a nice flying plane.
That's GREAT news! I'm very glad the COX name is behind these! I'm waiting on the HK version of the COX Christen Eagle, the Pitts Special. The ZERO is my favorite one although I would paint it all-white That P-40 looks very good, too. Thanks a lot. I will get one of these soon!
killerwin is offline Find More Posts by killerwin
Old Mar 09, 2010, 09:44 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,903 Posts
The Mustang flies very well on rudder and elev. Loops, rolls etc. and fairly quick on a 2 cell lipo. The P47 T Bolt needs ails. and flies very well with them. Not enough rudder area for good control. Different plane alltogether with the ails. Also goes like snot with the brushless motor. Middle of putting together the Spitfire with the guts from the BNF Eflite Mustang to see how it flies a lot lighter. Brushless too on two cells. These are the Cox birds but they're the same.

Gord
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Mar 10, 2010, 07:13 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,903 Posts
boot
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:20 AM
left, left, oh, my other left!
Western Mass
Joined Feb 2008
412 Posts
These are great little fliers alright. I had a corsair which flew very well with ailerons and was out this morning with my P-40 which flies well with or without ailerons. Here's a pic from this morning next to my Alfa P-47
smrouss is offline Find More Posts by smrouss
Last edited by smrouss; Mar 25, 2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 04:45 PM
United States, IA, Greenfield
Joined Apr 2010
582 Posts
Hey man I just bought one I am so pumped to get it in the air
Lilbanks96 is offline Find More Posts by Lilbanks96
Old Dec 29, 2010, 08:00 PM
Pensacola, FL
Joined Apr 2009
20 Posts
Cox Micro Warbirds...

Hi guys,

I just found this thread. I bought one of the Corsair models from Walmart for $25 about three years ago and was surprised at how well it flew for such a small, low-powered model. It only had two channel control, rudder/throttle, and used full throttle for climb/low or no throttle to descend. I got more flights out of it than many larger more expensive models. I still have it but it was dissected a few months ago to see if I could build a new one from scratch because they disappeared from the stores right after I purchased the first one. I will be purchasing a few of these soon and look forward to the three channel control and the assortment of planes available. These are great for small yards, indoor flying and kids.
ShowBird is offline Find More Posts by ShowBird
Old Dec 29, 2010, 08:30 PM
Jack
United States, FL, Hudson
Joined Feb 2010
389 Posts
I love the little Gravity WarBirds. Lots of fun to assemble. I use brushless motors with HK 10amp ESC. 7.4 450 MHA lipo batteries and a Spektrum ar6100e receiver. Got two Zeros, P-51, ME-109 & a Spitfire. Currenlty doing my second Zero and entend to paint this one green.

I paid $ 12.99 each from Gravity hobby in Florida.

Jack
pjdog is offline Find More Posts by pjdog
Old Dec 30, 2010, 02:22 PM
left, left, oh, my other left!
Western Mass
Joined Feb 2008
412 Posts
they look great
smrouss is offline Find More Posts by smrouss
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:13 PM
Pensacola, FL
Joined Apr 2009
20 Posts
New kits! AWESOME!!!

I just placed an order with Gravity Hobby this morning: a new Corsair, a P-40 and a Spitfire... I can't wait to get these and get started...
ShowBird is offline Find More Posts by ShowBird