SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:41 PM
Vancouver, Canada
Joined May 2007
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinwriley View Post
Just a few minutes after my post I get an email from HK... Could it be a notice that they shipped my stuff....finally...

NOPE...

Well I don't have the words to describe my frustration. Would you believe I just got SPAM from HK? Not a note to deal with my outstanding order from Jan but rather this...

"Hi Martin. We're giving away 100 Lipoly Chargers over 100 days!‏"

Hey HK - how about instead of a contest, you handle the #$#@%@%#$@% backlog!!!!

I guess I'm back to ranting
I got that spam as well, was kinda hoping my name would be on the list
I already placed a few orders this month and all have been shipped, wonder why one stuck from Jan. Anything out of stock?
Vasy is offline Find More Posts by Vasy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:48 AM
Seattle, WA
Joined Apr 2009
53 Posts
Nothing - all items reserved before their CNY. I suspect it will be a big box (lots of film) - perhaps that's the reason.

I did get through on online chat tonight but they disconnected me 3 sentences into the chat. They (Ricky) said CS had not processed my email yet and the window closed...

I keep wishing my order will get out the door and that HK will get a grip on things - had a few other purchases in mind but after this experience, someone else will get my business.
martinwriley is offline Find More Posts by martinwriley
Old Mar 16, 2010, 04:25 AM
Tacoma WA
Joined Feb 2008
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasy View Post
What did transpire?
They said that 2 people quit. After that all seemed like went to hell with support. Kinda hard to believe that 2 support people leaving can cause so much trouble and for so long.
What did transpire?
Maybe a lot more orders above the normal amount of orders and emails expected during January & February for some reason. Maybe from advertising done in a few mags before Christmas? Maybe from the ad at the top of this page? Who knows? The total volume of orders was unexpected by HK. What else could cause such a slowdown in a business? Not 2 people quitting. That just made it all the more difficult. Especially since they handled primarily Chat & phones and order support forum questions.

HK has never been known for order today, ship yesterday, but on the other hand, they've been fairly consistant with getting orders out the door within a reasonable amount of time in the past and should be again once they finish working through this backlog and finish getting more people on staff. Unfortunatly, it may still take maybe another 2 or 3 weeks (cross fingers).
Ron W3FJW is offline Find More Posts by Ron W3FJW
Old Mar 16, 2010, 09:56 AM
Seattle, WA
Joined Apr 2009
53 Posts
Keep those fingers crossed.

Got an email from HK/Leason last night (shown below). They have verified my CC info (even though I was billed in Jan...) and are processing my order (which they have been since Jan)...

-------------------------------
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email. We have verified your card information and has now confirmed the payment. Please kindly note that your order is now in process and will be process and ship out shortly. Thank you for your confirmation. Have a good day!

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Best Regards,

Leason
HobbyKing Customer Support Team
www.hobbyking.com

Have you seen our Support & Discussion forum?
Get help & discuss R/C related topics at www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/forum/

**Please kindly note that we are now back in full force, but do expect email and order delays during the later part of this month due to the holiday.
We apologize in advance for any frustration that may be caused by the holiday period.**
Old Mar 16, 2010, 04:47 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Apr 2009
53 Posts
Got an update from Jason in the HK forums - they had an issue with my CDN CC since my address in the US. Looks like the issue is now cleared (with their photo verification request). I still think this is weird because the funds were taken from my account at the time of purchase.

HK claims having sent me an email in the past (on the 22nd - Jan I assume) but the only one I have from them was dated Mar 12th. I'll give HK the benefit of the doubt on this one (not the first time an email has been lost in cyberspace I'm sure).

...So...

Looks like my order may actually ship someday soon!
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:06 AM
Seattle, WA
Joined Apr 2009
53 Posts
What a saga...

A few more days have gone by and they have YET TO SHIP...

Old Mar 20, 2010, 02:24 AM
Seattle, WA
Joined Apr 2009
53 Posts
Order has shipped!
Old Mar 20, 2010, 02:42 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,846 Posts
I noticed over the last week to 2 weeks things seem to have gone back to the "norm" with processing only taking a day or two.
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Mar 24, 2010, 01:45 AM
Seattle, WA
Joined Apr 2009
53 Posts
Order received today! Everything was there and in good order although I have not tested the motor yet nor have I measured the cells on the batteries I got.

A first for me was using the HK covering film and WOW - great stuff so far.

I'm done this thread - will lock it and let it die.

Cheers
M
Closed Thread