HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by skye8070, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 08, 2010, 07:15 PM
Skye Malcolm
Upper Arlington, OH
Joined Mar 2009
601 Posts
Cool
Putting it in thermals and keeping it out of puddles

I braved the state patrol infestation better known as Interstate 71 to make the trip from Columbus down to Cincinnati's Voice of America Park, located on the north side of the metro area just east of I-75. There I met Ed, Barry, and Dan who were already setup and getting ready to go. I brought out an old electric 60" park flyer to practice lefting and righting for a bit before breaking out the apparently appropriate Eraser for the winch. The Eraser flew great as usual, but the pilot really needs to fly it more and stall it less. Barry flew his Icon, Dan flew his Shadow first and Topaz second. Ed Franz helped Dan out with some test flying and tuning of the Shadow, which seemed to help out, according to Dan. Finally, Dan test flew the Topaz for the first time and then proceeded to get a 15 minute flight in for his LSF II task. He stretched the last 90 seconds with some ultra smooth flying and was rewarded with a 15:00 minute flight on the dot. Way to go Dan! Barry did an awesome job when it looked like his flight was done scratching some low level stuff and coring that out maybe 4 or 5 times higher than he started. Very impressive for his first day of flying for the year.

We all did a good job knocking the rust off and getting some nice "in-lift' minutes added to our personal time clocks (every minute in lift takes an hour of snow shoveling memories away). A wonderful time squinting at the sky was had by all and lift was really very nice with just a 5-8 mph breeze to contend with at times and temperatures in the mid 50's with strong sun most of the time.
skye8070 is offline Find More Posts by skye8070
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2010, 12:22 AM
They call me Crash!
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
Great pictures, great time!

Nothing like flying in a swamp the first flights of the year!

Believe me guys, We didn't have to worry about hard landings!

Thanks for posting Skye!
Kaw1000 is offline Find More Posts by Kaw1000
Old Mar 09, 2010, 03:16 AM
Skye Malcolm
Upper Arlington, OH
Joined Mar 2009
601 Posts
I sure had a nice time flying. Caught some lift, learned some stuff to tune on the plane setup, and I'm really glad I had my boots cuz I waded through 6 inches of water walking over to the landing zone while looking up at my plane! LOL! Good times.
skye8070 is offline Find More Posts by skye8070