HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Clintstone, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:45 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeflier View Post
I am setting up a Trex 500 with the ICE 75 amp speed controller with a Total G flybarless unit. With this unit Curtis recommends spooling the head speed up to 50% before changing into govenor mode. The reason he states this is above 40-50% throttle the Flybarless unit goes into a heading hold mode, and can make it difficult to take off without crashing. Once you run through the setup can you then change normal throttle back to have a linear curve? any other suggestons on how to do this?

Thanks in advance
I am running the total G on my 700 E. I am using the 30% throttle in the TX to spool up the Heli... this is my lowest Head speed in Set Rpm Gov mode. After calibrating the GOV in the total G , I used the throttle to turn the decay mode on an off as the decay mode is on when the throttle value is lower than 40% as described in the total G instructions. You can also watch the total G to see if you are in decay mode or in trim lock mode. This allows the total G to be in decay mode while doing autos and spooling up...
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:46 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintstone View Post
I am running the total G on my 700 E. I am using the 30% throttle in the TX to spool up the Heli... this is my lowest Head speed in Set Rpm Gov mode. After calibrating the GOV in the total G , I used the throttle to turn the decay mode on an off as the decay mode is on when the throttle value is lower than 40% as described in the total G instructions. You can also watch the total G to see if you are in decay mode or in trim lock mode. This allows the total G to be in decay mode while doing autos and spooling up...
Oh I am running a Futaba RX so this is the main reason I used the throttle for the above function.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 07:30 AM
Michigan
Joined Jul 2004
116 Posts
Thanks for the help Clintstone I am also using Futaba.
planeflier is offline Find More Posts by planeflier
Old Sep 22, 2010, 10:25 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeflier View Post
Thanks for the help Clintstone I am also using Futaba.
Anytime... Curtis and Brian have been very helpful in helping me understand had the Total G works...
Old Sep 27, 2010, 08:33 PM
Bogota Colombia
Joined Oct 2008
127 Posts
Ice 120HV

Hi, i got the ice120HV, scorpion 4035 - 500 and 12S turnigy 5000. 40C

I'm aiming idl1 1800 and idl2 1950, pinion 12t and main gear 120t, I need help with the motor values(8htz, outrunner,)

Futaba 12 fgh.

First time I will use governor, this is for my Kasama Srimok 90E.

One more question in fixed end points I get 86 and 84 that's is normal? It's I little bit low right?

Regards,
Gustavo
haggy38 is offline Find More Posts by haggy38