SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 08, 2010, 10:38 PM
United States, OR, Tualatin
Joined Apr 2005
2,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Slope Pilot View Post
Thanks for posting those photos WD. We had two days of great flying. Eagle was rockin late Sun afternoon. 30-35 mph! Imagine it was great today as well for the Seattle Crew and Cannucks. Have to say I really enjoyed Saturday at SDR the best - great flying w/o the sun in your eyes!

Hopefully Mr. Jensen will stumble upon this thread and share some of his pics.

Vic
Vic: Were you and Doc at the same hill at the same time? Or did you just forget to put the descimal point in your wind speed numbers? (3.0-3.5)?
TomFlyer is online now Find More Posts by TomFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2010, 10:52 PM
Build A Rocket Boys!
Portland, Oregon
Joined May 2002
4,032 Posts
Yep. Same hill but Doc had to get home a little earlier and we hung out. The wind turned on mid-afternoon and continued to build before we left at 5:30 p.m. Would guess it was upwards of 40-60 mph on Eagle in the evening hours as the headwind we were fighting on the east end of the gorge was the most I've experienced. Was rock n' roll the whole way home.

Vic
PDX Slope Pilot is offline Find More Posts by PDX Slope Pilot
Old Mar 08, 2010, 11:16 PM
Lets Turn and Burn!
East Wenatchee ,Washington
Joined Mar 2005
350 Posts
You guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Courtice View Post
you guys make me sick...
This is so true.
Blitz Kraig is offline Find More Posts by Blitz Kraig
Old Mar 09, 2010, 09:49 AM
Flags blow'n, I'm go'n
USA, WA, Bellevue
Joined Jan 2004
1,347 Posts
I missed the Spring opener. Now that's a first!

Business as usual; Good Friends, Good Air, Good Times...

I'll be ready for next outing.

Todd
My Precioussss! is offline Find More Posts by My Precioussss!
Old Mar 09, 2010, 10:43 AM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,978 Posts
Yesterday was colder and the wind shifted at eagle in the afternoon so we packed up and went to Chandler. It was epic.
davidjensen is online now Find More Posts by davidjensen
Old Mar 09, 2010, 10:45 AM
I want to believe...
A hut in the woods in Oregon
Joined Jan 2003
2,497 Posts
c'mon! pix or it didn't happen!
winchdoc is online now Find More Posts by winchdoc
Old Mar 09, 2010, 10:03 PM
Carbon User
YAL
Joined Jun 2005
729 Posts
If it helps you sleep better... It didn't happen.
Pilebuck is offline Find More Posts by Pilebuck
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HF Ventus
Old Mar 09, 2010, 11:05 PM
Lets Turn and Burn!
East Wenatchee ,Washington
Joined Mar 2005
350 Posts
Thats what happens.

That is Just what happens when things get good, the Camera gets put down, for better things to control. BlitZ
Blitz Kraig is offline Find More Posts by Blitz Kraig
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:44 AM
Soaring way up below my toes
Victoria B.C.
Joined Aug 2003
103 Posts
Glad to have made it out this trip, the weather worked out 90% flawless, so can't complain especially this time of year...unbelievable to come home with a sunburn in March. We (pilebuck and myself) arrived late afternoon Friday, and got a hour or two in light air on Kiona, enough to try out my new to me Tomahawk and pilebuck his new Artist.

Saturday was light SDR, with moments of medium lift, sufficient to make the SRTL's sing their songs at breakneck pace, and my Perfect made pretty good time with my newly home made ballast (who wants an F3J ship now Vic?). Unfortunate Pike Superior spin-in and Shadow / D40 midair at SDR were the majority of damage over the duration of the trip.

Sunday started out a bit slow at Eagle with some hand launching etc., I spent the morning programming models for myself and a few others. Was glad to help Brad Thomas out with his Pike Superior, and although he looked overwhelmed with the it, the model handled perfectly, and he was all smiles after landing. The air got gradually bigger, and Victor Tango tore some smalls holes in the sky with his Blast DS (now for sale, did you say $250 Vic?). Sam and I wrapped up with MC3 vs fully brassed up Omer/Big Bird DS...seems the Opus had a helluva pace in the 35mph conditions.

Monday had team Canada and the Seattle crowd remaining, with cold gloomy conditions and a bit of rain in the morning. By 11am or so, the skies cleared, and we got some light - medium air on Eagle, which led to some horsing around with MPX Fox r/c modded foamies (we have these on order now), some zagi combat (don't forget to adjust blog sammy!) and to our delight, the direction tipped over to Chandler. Hasty pack up, and a quick gas station stop for a gut bomb, and we were out to chandler by 3pm or so. Chandler was 15-20 upon arrival and got up around 30 by the time the sun dropped, and I shamlessly hogged the sunset with my Brio.

Awesome flying with the usual suspects again, we did so much flying, that only limited photos were taken, all of which are on pilebuck's camera, so the ball is in his court!

Hope to have my act together around home soon, so I can make more Tri Cities outings, amongst others this year.

-russmans
russmans is offline Find More Posts by russmans
Old Mar 10, 2010, 01:09 AM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,978 Posts
More pics

it was a good weekend
Last edited by davidjensen; Mar 10, 2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 01:14 AM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,978 Posts
The real bling was brought out Monday morning at Eagle
Old Mar 10, 2010, 01:19 AM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,978 Posts
The other stuff

Not just one SRTL but 3 were flown during the weekend
Old Mar 10, 2010, 02:08 AM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,469 Posts
sweet Fox combat!! those things look like fun, how well do they handle out at eagle or kiona?
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:33 AM
slope'n the Colombian Andes
Colombia, Antioquia, Girardota
Joined Mar 2001
4,692 Posts
Good to see to see Russ out there (finally) and the SRTLs stretching their wings a bit... Three of them? Vic's, Doc's, and Sam's... is that correct?

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir
ShredAir is offline Find More Posts by ShredAir
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:20 AM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,978 Posts
Yes Dieter

Derk Handleing and the Fox should never be used in the same sentence. They can have a balistic roll rate and after many screws and or 4/40 bolt screwed into the rear moving the CG to almost the 50% mark they flew much better. If the air is smooth they can handle up to 15 mph. It the air is turbulant they look like they are going to vibrate themselves to death