Old Mar 08, 2010, 04:08 AM
Upwardly Mobile
Roodepoort, South Africa
Joined Aug 2007
1,036 Posts
Gallery
Fauvel AV-36?

Hi All,
A few years back A model of the Fauvel AV-36 flying wing was featured in the Silent Flight magazine. According to Wikipedia about 100 were built in the early 1950's . I am a little surprised that so many were built , I am sure the full size one featured in the magazine was rebuilt and may even still be flying. On a visit to a nearby gliding club, to research a future project , I took these photo's in one of the hangers, could this be a Fauvel, or rather the remains of one???
Regards
Mike
mikegbogh is offline Find More Posts by mikegbogh
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ASH30Mi Finally maidened
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2010, 05:58 AM
MTT
I care about rising air !
West Chester, Ohio
Joined Feb 2002
2,004 Posts
Sure looks like one...

For comparison :

MTT is online now Find More Posts by MTT
Old Mar 08, 2010, 07:02 AM
Upwardly Mobile
Roodepoort, South Africa
Joined Aug 2007
1,036 Posts
Hi MTT,
Yeah thats it, thanks for the input, so if I rebuild it what size servo's you think, and should I go with 2.4ghz or dual conversion PCM??

Funny never seen any pic's of any models ...flying. It'll make an awesome slope ship.

Regards
Mike
mikegbogh is offline Find More Posts by mikegbogh
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ASH30Mi Finally maidened
Old Mar 08, 2010, 07:12 AM
bie
maidenflight-postponer
Germany
Joined Oct 2004
787 Posts
Hi Mike,

if youre interested in videos of Fauvel AV-36-models, just have a look here.

Im in the progress of finishing a 1/3-scale-Fauvel-AV36 (out of a Muder-kit with 4 m ws, root rib is 53 cm!!!) - and that progress lasts for five years now

But there really are chances to get the projekt finished this spring. Will post pictures as soon as the Fauvel is on the field and airborne.

Andy
bie is offline Find More Posts by bie
Old Mar 08, 2010, 10:52 AM
MTT
I care about rising air !
West Chester, Ohio
Joined Feb 2002
2,004 Posts
Here you can find pics of a very nice AV22, text is in german, though : http://www.m-ohlwein.de/galinh_fauv.htm

Building pics : http://www.m-ohlwein.de/fauvel.htm , click on the image "Rohbau"
MTT is online now Find More Posts by MTT