HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2010, 11:25 PM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
Data
Customer Service.....Good or Bad?

I wanted to start a thread on customer service experiences we have had with companies that supply us our R/C car parts. I have yet to have any bad experiences, but I think it is important for us to collaborate our good and bad experiences. Maybe somewhere down the road manufacturers and vendors can get some good information on ways to improve or maybe go the extra mile in customer service.
2sicMiniT is offline Find More Posts by 2sicMiniT
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2010, 11:30 PM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
First off I want to thank www.thetoyz.com . They have been wonderful so far.

I ordered a set of tires/wheels for my 1/16 e-revo vxl. I was dissappointed at the way the tires were glued out of balance. I wrote them an email. I received a replay a day or two later. They offered to send me a new set. Unfortunately the second set had the same problem. This was not a problem that thetoyz created. They were however, very helpful in trying to resolve the problem.

5 of 5 smileys
Old Mar 07, 2010, 11:35 PM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
Next I want to thank Traxxas,

I had a bad differential gear. I wrote them an e-mail. They were quick to reply. They have shipped a new gearset and new bulkheads "just in case it was contributing" to the problem.

5 of 5 smileys
Old Jun 11, 2010, 07:57 PM
fly until you die!!!! :)
Joined Feb 2010
226 Posts
Atomic hobbies are top notch
kois31 is offline Find More Posts by kois31
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:03 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,396 Posts
why are they top notch?
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02
Old Jun 12, 2010, 03:44 PM
fly until you die!!!! :)
Joined Feb 2010
226 Posts
i order with them all the time, they always deliver in time, and if i have a problem with a order i just call them up or email them and they get on top of it, also they are also kind when i talk to them about my concern not like other vendors
kois31 is offline Find More Posts by kois31
Old Jun 12, 2010, 03:55 PM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
As most of you probably know already Castle Creations goes on the "good" list. I had a micro pro esc overheat and die on me, and they replaced with no questions asked.

Make sure to keep those reciepts!

Old Jun 12, 2010, 03:57 PM
Under Warranty!
Washington State
Joined Feb 2006
495 Posts
I should also put Horizon Hobby on this list, I did not expect them to honor this type of problem but I had a cell go bad in one of my 3s battery packs and it would not balance with the other cells. Though they stated that they are not normally responsible for this type of problem they still sent me a new pack to make sure that I was up and running.

Old Jun 12, 2010, 07:47 PM
Ontario
Joined Sep 2004
223 Posts
I'll also vouch for Traxxas. My servo gears stripped in my mini revo a few days after getting it and only from driving in the basement. I sent them an email and within a day or two they had put in a new set of gears in the mail.

Second, props to RC4WD. I had an order from them a while back but the parts were backordered and taking forever. I decided to cancel my order eventually and they gave me no hassle at all. Just an email and that was that - my money was quickly refunded.

Third, Great Hobbies has good customer service. I haven't had any returns or warranty stuff, but they've just been very friendly and nice to deal with in general.

Another store with friendly staff is Grand River Hobbies in Kitchener Ontario. Their prices seem decent and the person I dealt with last time was friendly - very willing to help.
stona is offline Find More Posts by stona
Old Jun 13, 2010, 01:19 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,396 Posts
this should be a sticky.
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:01 PM
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Joined Feb 2008
737 Posts
I've has mostly great experiences and very little bad experiences.
Traxxas... Never had any problems with them and they are quick to try and resolve any issues.. My experience with them has been replace the defective parts with out any issues. They do want to varify the validity of the claim first which I completely understand..
HPI.. Same as traxxas and really stand behind their products.. I was one of the first to get the HPI Baja 5B when it first came out. Had the engine blow after about 2 minutes running. The wrist pin came loose and killed the top of the motor.. HPI of course didn't have any spares on hand, but they went above and beyond to help me with other issues with the truck(early production). I ended up going with an aftermarket head anyway. they never gave me any problems with bent shocks and broken a-arms etc.. very good to deal with..
My only issue with any manufacturer was with Integy.. They hide behind their "If the package is opened its installed/used and therefore not warrantied policy" ... I purchased an set of T-maxx driveshafts from Tower, they were defective in the package, the set screws were stripped, I noticed this after I opened the plastic bag.. called them and they basically said I was beat.. They did offer to send me a discount off of list on future purchases.. I called tower and they sent me another set.. same problem.. The woman at Tower told me that there policy with Integy is to replace not refund.. Thankfully there were out of stock after the 2nd set and allowed me to get a credit for something else.. I would put Tower on the A list, but I've been run around a bit by them in the past... They aren't bad, just not the best... Integy.. Never again with them... Too bad.. they have some decent looking things...
cenracer1 is offline Find More Posts by cenracer1
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:01 PM
Joined Jun 2010
1 Posts
Losi generally has good service as well. I guess now they fall under the Horizon Hobby umbrella of companies. They send parts when needed, no questions. I am disappointed with the diffs on the MLST, as are most owners.

+1 on Tower. Fastest shipping in my opinion and I live in Vegas. Always gets here in two to three days, no matter what I order.

+1 on thetoyz.com as well. Never once had an issue with them. Fast shipping and are always there when I have questions.
rev1764 is offline Find More Posts by rev1764