SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 26, 2003, 08:02 PM
Joined Nov 2002
114 Posts
How much tape can I put on a slow stick wing?

I had a slowstick versus pool filter incident in the backyard which tore the wing up pretty good.

I did a tape repair job which seems like it will work ok. Haven't tried to fly again.

I had taped up the edges when it was built but now I'm wondering if it may be wortwhile to tape the entire underside of the wing ?
MrSpeed is offline Find More Posts by MrSpeed
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2003, 08:32 PM
Enter clever saying here~
Michigan
Joined Mar 2003
494 Posts
I don't think it will mind the weight much, but getting the tape to permanently stick to the underside may be a problem without using some spray adhesive. Also, I'm not really sure how much strength it will add.

I know boomerace has done some pretty extensive taping to his SS wings because of his BL setups - perhaps he can comment from personal experience.
Park_IT is offline Find More Posts by Park_IT