Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 11, 2010, 01:15 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,382 Posts
Ok... Here it is. I'm about to go maiden the HyperWeasel. I got all the issues sorted out finally, and the weather couldn't be more perfect. Sunny, warm, no wind, etc etc etc.

Wish me luck on this one.... It's FAST
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2010, 02:34 PM
AMA #953123
Eugene, ORYGUN
Joined Mar 2009
2,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP15 View Post

Wish me luck on this one.... It's FAST
Good luck!
VROOMSTER is offline Find More Posts by VROOMSTER
Old Apr 11, 2010, 02:39 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Good luck also, you are soooo lucky, it is WINDY here with a capital W and it is cold and overcast!

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Old Apr 11, 2010, 02:47 PM
Joined Aug 2009
12,382 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the luck! It proved useful. Successful maiden and a very clean landing. Just a small, small dirt smudge on the tip of the nose.

That plane is uncomfortably fast and powerful, but quite fun to fly. It weighs 16.9oz and has about 450W on it I might prop up a bit and get it going even faster and harder

Oh, forgot to mention: It's pretty windy here, too. I biked to the field thinming it was dead-calm like it was in my front yard but it turned out to be pretty rough. No matter, though... I had about six gazillion mph of pitchspeed to fight the wind with
Old Apr 11, 2010, 02:52 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Congrats!!
Sounds like fun, and quite the powerful setup!

HT
Old Apr 11, 2010, 04:22 PM
Joined Aug 2009
12,382 Posts
Thanks! The power system is psycho. It sounds scary at 25% throttle and 100% is just ungodly

I'm gonna go out later to fly it some more (when it's less windy) and hopefully get it all tamed and pilot-friendly
Old Apr 11, 2010, 04:40 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,275 Posts
I went out flying and it was good.

Sunny. 80 degrees. Winds from SW at 4 mph.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 04:46 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Yep, now its raining here AND windy, oh well, summer will be here eventually,
hope the seccond flight goes just as well!

HT
Old Apr 11, 2010, 07:15 PM
Joined Aug 2009
12,382 Posts
SD1, did you do some Twisting?

HT, just build a plane that'll fly in wind and rain. Problem solved

Ok, I just got back from flights #2 and #3 of the HyperWeasel. Both were very good, no crashing, no damage, each about 3 minutes long.

That's also the first time my big field has seemed small I was eating up some serious sky....

I did much better than the brutal maiden earlier because I had already flown it and I knew it would fly well. Also, there wasn't a long bike ride to contemplate the impending disaster as I got my dad to drive me to the field. He was suitably impressed with the plane I've got some surface deflection issues to work out but the plane flies nicely as-is.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 09:07 PM
Oh you pull BACK on the stick?
Bloomington, IN
Joined Feb 2010
500 Posts
I also got to fly today! It was absolutely perfect, warm and no wind!

TP, when I first joined RCG and asked about an aileron trainer, you were the first to suggest the T-28, I love it! The best thing ever.......
its scary though....I'm already brainstorming about my next plane....
Varmet6 is offline Find More Posts by Varmet6
Old Apr 11, 2010, 09:45 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Varmet, if you have a medium to large place to fly, check out Steve's blog
here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=10050
Tons of SUPER parkjets and plus, I built mine for less than $100 using the grasonhobby.com power combo which is perfect for these planes. They fly like they are on rails and mine always draws a crowd, you can always order them as a kit also from 6mmflyrc.com

HT
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:05 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,275 Posts
Yeah, I did a little twisting. 8 flights on it today and 5 yesterday, all on the break-in settings. I can start leaning it out now for more power, better response, longer flights and all that good stuff. Still getting used to it though. I've gone from planes measured in ounces to one that weighs 5-6 pounds!
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 09:14 PM
"Put it in the air"
United States, KY, Florence
Joined Feb 2010
202 Posts
Had some people watch me for a while today at the local park. I was out with my mini super cub and my micro mustang. I signed some autographs and shook some hands. Accepted some awards...you know.......hey seriously though, everyone was watching and I was flying amazing because I had just made some fine tune adjustments to the mustang. Landings were sweet and people thought it was cool. Found a sweet flying spot too. Only thing is everytime I've been out there, its crosswind. Whatever, makes it more interesting. At least I don't have to get frostbite in order to fly. (for a couple of months) Also, let my 5 year old daughter and my 3 year old daughters fly around the mini cub as I assisted. They thought it was a blast.
Scarlett is offline Find More Posts by Scarlett
Old Apr 13, 2010, 02:57 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,002 Posts
Scarlett, Glad you got the mustang tweeked in, much easier to fly. Sunday flying was great, got the micro p-51 as high as I would dare, my guess was prob three football fields high. Didn't think that that plane would get that kind of distance. Had a blast pushing it. Had the T-28 out as well, always good flying that plane. Not much wind clear skies. Good day, Not happy with my landings though. We'll leave it at that!
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:52 AM
Petaluma, CA
Joined Aug 2009
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkerTyphoon View Post
Yep, now its raining here AND windy, oh well, summer will be here eventually,
hope the seccond flight goes just as well!

HT
I was in Santa Clara when you posted this hoping to go fly in one of the big fields down there and was totally bummed. The wind was CRAZY and then the rain really picked up. Where in Northern Cali are you?
runCMD is offline Find More Posts by runCMD