SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 21, 2010, 09:42 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,425 Posts
Forgot to ask, what sort of parkjet do you have? I'm personally a fan of any jet which is flown in a park
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:49 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
I have a Steve Shumate (jetset44) designed F-A 18) with a Grason Hobby 2212-06 V2 combo. With about 23 static ounces of thrust for a 20 oz plane, this baby really honks around. The best part is that it will climb skyward forever with unlimited vertical penetration, not to mention it will do pretty close to 90MPH yet slow to a crawl for a landing with no flaps.
Yep these things are a blast and the best part is, I only spent $5 on foam, $5 on carbon fiber, and like $60-$80 on electronics!

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Last edited by HawkerTyphoon; Mar 21, 2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 06:38 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,425 Posts
Very nice. I like it when people ask how much it costs and I can say "Oh, the plane only cost $10" and peoples' eyes bug out, then I say "But there's like $100 worth of equipment on it" It's so fun to be able to just float them around the field, then hit the throttle and have it go blasting off at some crazy speed....

I just went out and flew the PBF .... again..... It just doesn't get old It was scary windy out there, as in "hard to hold the plane in my hands" but it flew fine. More than enough power to handle a little breeze (that would ground most of my other planes ) A little hairy on landing but that's half the fun

I was also able to roll -twice- it while it was completely still in the air by pointing it into the wind and using throttle to hold position. So much fun..
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Mar 22, 2010, 08:53 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP15 View Post
I was also able to roll -twice- it while it was completely still in the air by pointing it into the wind and using throttle to hold position. So much fun..
That is the best, I have "hovered" over one spot for at least 30 seconds with one of my HobbyZone planes. It also helps that the wind always blows exactly down the long way of the field where I fly, but it just such a kick seeing an airplane flying motionless.

HT
Old Mar 22, 2010, 09:19 PM
"Put it in the air"
United States, KY, Florence
Joined Feb 2010
202 Posts
Had my mini super cub in the air with no throttle for about 45 seconds. Just floating....it was so windy but you gotta fly!, landing was a blast, had to do about 4 passes before I felt comfortable...dropped in pretty much in a still position. I impressed myself.
Scarlett is offline Find More Posts by Scarlett
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:30 PM
Lynnwood, wa
Joined Oct 2007
91 Posts
I had a wonderful time at the Family Airpark in Snohomish yesterday. I flew my discontinued Eflite J-3 Cub flatout nearly all day. Barely moves forward into the wind but it good practice just trying to keep it straight and level. Then I brought out my problem child, a Multiplex Pico Cub. It's never flow correctly for one reason or another. With the new brushless motor I put in, it did not want to land with the light wind that was blowing. I could have kept it up all day it seemed.

With about 14 flights total. My luck ran out. I left a plane armed on the bench and wanted to reprogram my ESC on the other cub. Put the throttle full up, and turned on the TX, and VROOM! the little flatout launched off the bench and into a chainlink fence and ripped the motor off . Then I got cocky in the Pico Cub and did a loop... and the wing snapped off. (yeah, it had no struts).

Both planes are glued back together and ready to fly again.
Vethraxx is offline Find More Posts by Vethraxx
Old Mar 23, 2010, 06:53 PM
Joined May 2007
258 Posts
hey scarlet have any videos yet with your msc floating in the air that would be great to see : ) , that would mean you can get more flying timeee : ) , would be good to see a video like that a " sailing msc " : )
computerpc is offline Find More Posts by computerpc
Old Mar 27, 2010, 03:19 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
OK I am sooooooo mad! My dad and I were going to make the trip out to the local, 30 min away, RC club to fly my jet and now my mom says we can't!

Life is aweful sometimes!

HT
Old Mar 27, 2010, 06:57 PM
Joined Sep 2009
306 Posts
I AM SO HAPPY IT IS WARM AGAIN! I live in Illinois, and up until about a week ago I hadn't flown all winter(except micro heli's inside). I have flown like CRAZY the last week!

here are some of my flights!!! (Full screen makes viewing easier!)

E-flite P40 backyard flying:
E-Flite P40 Backyard Flight Demonstration! (4 min 34 sec)

HobbyZone Super Cub on Floats:
Super Cub LP FLOAT flight! Tricks, loops, touch-n-go's! (8 min 5 sec)

PZ P-51D BL On-board video:
What does it feel like to FLY in a WARBIRD?!? (5 min 57 sec)

Subscribe to keep up with my new videos!
earthling1984 is offline Find More Posts by earthling1984
Old Mar 27, 2010, 06:58 PM
Joined Sep 2009
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkerTyphoon View Post
OK I am sooooooo mad! My dad and I were going to make the trip out to the local, 30 min away, RC club to fly my jet and now my mom says we can't!

Life is aweful sometimes!

HT
Get some micro's like the Ember2, sukhoi, P-51m so you can fly anywhere :0

Or try some micro helicopters like the mCX/mSR!!!
Old Mar 27, 2010, 07:16 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
yep, I have 2 helicopters a CX2 and a MCX and their great! But I love my fixed wings too. but hey I just got word were going flying at the local park!!
Old Mar 27, 2010, 07:17 PM
Joined Sep 2009
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkerTyphoon View Post
yep, I have 2 helicopters a CX2 and a MCX and their great! But I love my fixed wings too. but hey I just got word were going flying at the local park!!
Awesome! Have fun and don't crash!
Old Mar 27, 2010, 08:53 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Well I am back and guess what?
I made the first flight out of three with my Jetset44 F18 that didn't end with the plane in pieces!!!
The reason is is that this time the CG was spot on as opposed to really far back last time. Plus the wind was low and the sun was also low so it didn't get in the eyes. It was a blast!

HT
Old Mar 27, 2010, 09:39 PM
AMA #953123
Eugene, ORYGUN
Joined Mar 2009
2,203 Posts
Went out flying today. Had a crash and broke the fuselage on my MSC. I stiffened the tail of my plane up after it became loose and I guess its too tough/heavy now.

Have to make a call to the LHS tomorrow and see if they have a fuse and tail for my plane.
VROOMSTER is offline Find More Posts by VROOMSTER
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:09 PM
"Put it in the air"
United States, KY, Florence
Joined Feb 2010
202 Posts
Decided to take a flight in front of my house 2 days ago after some minor adjustments. Crazy 60 seconds. Brought it back down after I almost crashed into my suv. Just thought I would share that one.
Scarlett is offline Find More Posts by Scarlett