HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2011, 07:37 AM
2 Cor 5.21
Tennessee
Joined Jul 2009
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLdV View Post
Yep, it's the GWS. This is the second one for me, the first one had a short and brutal existence. They're great flyers, though.
Such cool looking planes. What motor/battery setup are you using on it?

Jeff
JMAH is offline Find More Posts by JMAH
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2011, 06:21 AM
On the Edge of Space
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAH View Post
Such cool looking planes. What motor/battery setup are you using on it?

Jeff
I went with Don's Wicked 4000's in EDO fans, 40A Hobbywing Pentium ESC's and 2600 mAH 3S 30-40C batt.s.

They fly really well once all the hardware issues are in harmony. Yesterday was its second flight. No problems whatsoever so far, seems pretty solid.

=======
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Last edited by dLdV; Feb 27, 2011 at 07:06 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old Feb 27, 2011, 06:07 PM
2 Cor 5.21
Tennessee
Joined Jul 2009
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLdV View Post
I went with Don's Wicked 4000's in EDO fans, 40A Hobbywing Pentium ESC's and 2600 mAH 3S 30-40C batt.s.

They fly really well once all the hardware issues are in harmony...
Thanks. Yeah, my poor brother-in-law (GIUsedtoBe) has had a time trying to get his to run right. Looks great, but just sits there...

Jeff
Old Mar 05, 2011, 02:29 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,372 Posts
It's 30 degrees and the wind is light. I'm about to take my Slow Stick out on a totally new power system to do some diagnostic flying for MichaelW, who is having some issues with his SS....
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Mar 05, 2011, 05:36 PM
Danville, GA
Joined Aug 2010
824 Posts
Went to the Southeastern Model Show yesterday and picked iup a cheap still new in the box UM Sukhoi. This was the original not the XP but thats ok cause the price was right.

Finally had a break in the rain this afternoon and took her out for 4 batteries. It flew great right out of the box. This will be my slam around the front yard plane.
ckreef is offline Find More Posts by ckreef
Old Mar 06, 2011, 08:39 PM
It's Too Windy
Tennessee
Joined Nov 2009
662 Posts
I'm planning on going flying tomorrow.

Cheers,
Henry
DoubleH is offline Find More Posts by DoubleH
Old Mar 07, 2011, 09:33 AM
RC did this to me
USA, CT, Jewett City
Joined Sep 2008
563 Posts
next week...vacation...oh ya...lots of flying then...well that is if I finnish a couple projects prior to that.
rcflyerEric is offline Find More Posts by rcflyerEric
Old Mar 07, 2011, 04:47 PM
2 Cor 5.21
Tennessee
Joined Jul 2009
775 Posts
Started out a bit windy but began to calm down after a while, and turned out to be a nice day of flying!

Had a good portion of the fleet out for the afternoon: GIUsedtoBe brought his PZ Bf-109 and GWS P-40; DoubleH had his A-T Mustang and HZ Cub; and I brought my GWS P-38 and FW-190.

Good to go through a lot of batteries without bringing anything home in pieces!

Cheers!
Jeff
Old Mar 12, 2011, 01:46 PM
Petaluma, CA
Joined Aug 2009
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAH View Post
Started out a bit windy but began to calm down after a while, and turned out to be a nice day of flying!

Had a good portion of the fleet out for the afternoon: GIUsedtoBe brought his PZ Bf-109 and GWS P-40; DoubleH had his A-T Mustang and HZ Cub; and I brought my GWS P-38 and FW-190.

Good to go through a lot of batteries without bringing anything home in pieces!

Cheers!
Jeff
Bit of wind this morning but still beautiful. Nothing my Stryker couldn't handle for sure. First flight on my new(used) 8103, still on 72Mhz. WAY better stick control than my HK T6A!
runCMD is offline Find More Posts by runCMD
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:23 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,473 Posts
Good day today, more admin than flying for me, as first trip to the field for weeks, but my boy got some good flights in. The day was cut short by the leisure battery dying, not too much of a hardship, since the wind a started to get up. Lovely blue skies though - and a swapmeet in the morning too
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Mar 13, 2011, 04:47 PM
Mile High Pilot
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,175 Posts
Maiden Day

Maiden day for the shiny new 3DHS 47" Extra 300 SHP V3. Crossed fingers and toes for a safe flight.

jc

EDIT : Forgot to press submit before I left. Just returned, Spectacular maiden, SPECTACULAR airplane. Easy to fly, but fantastically capable. Unbelievable roll rate. Unlimited vertical. Ive never felt so in control on a maiden flight. Always a nice day when the maiden flight returns the airplane unmarked.
milehighjc is offline Find More Posts by milehighjc
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:29 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
NICE!!!

The Extra is one of 3DHS's best looking planes besides the Sukhoi. Glad it went well for you.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:33 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,372 Posts
I went and flew on Friday. It went well, but I had a minor crash when I flew into the "cone of silence" on my DX6. The antenna was pointed wrong and the plane left a big impression in the snow.... I dusted it off and just kept going
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Mar 13, 2011, 08:17 PM
Danville, GA
Joined Aug 2010
824 Posts
This morning I got 3 paks in the UM SUKHOI and then went and maidened for 3 paks my bluecore wing. What a blast that was to fly and virtually indestructible with 10 - 15 mins per pak depending on throttle management. This evening as the wind died down I got another 4 paks in on the Sukhoi.

Oh and in the middle of the day me and my son spent about 3 hours hunting (collecting) sharks teeth in Central GA kaolin pits. We scored big time on the sharks teeth.

Just an all round great day. Took the dog along and he had a big time day too
ckreef is offline Find More Posts by ckreef
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:29 AM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,498 Posts
Waiting for a few packs to charge and I'm going out. Nice and sunny and pretty warm out (35F) which is shorts and tank top weather here in MN.
road_rascal is offline Find More Posts by road_rascal