HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2011, 05:23 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,444 Posts
Excellent. That's some of the best news I've heard regarding the new regulations thus far....

No flying for me, either. Maybe we could also get some congresspeople to propose regulations on weather?
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2011, 05:57 PM
United States, AK, Ketchikan
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
Had a great flying session this morning. There was no wind, so I started off with my UM T-28, another warmup flight with my PZ T-28D, then the maiden of my PZ P-47 thundebolt. What an awesome plane. Put one more battery through the T-28 and called it a good day. Can't wait to take the 47 up again though!
bdshort is offline Find More Posts by bdshort
Old Feb 19, 2011, 06:09 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP16 View Post
Excellent. That's some of the best news I've heard regarding the new regulations thus far....
I agree, excellent news. I don't usually get too worked up about this sort of stuff, but this makes me feel a lot better.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Old Feb 19, 2011, 06:35 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Yesterday the wind died down about an hour and a half before sundown. My friend and I flew as much as we could, mostly me because he is teaching me. I flew a battery through the Champ, then a battery through the SkyFly2, and 2 batteries with the S Cub. It was the maiden for the Cub and it was very good. Made several landings and managed to "grease" the last one. No hand launches, just a scale roll on grass! BTW the Cub had bigger, 2 1/2", wheels on before it even left the house! Good on grass.
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Feb 19, 2011, 08:41 PM
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
I posted this in the P-47 thread over in the Electric Warbirds area, but though this would be a good thread for it as well - the first landing of my PZ P-47. Also my first landing ever with flaps, my first landing with retracts, and my first taildragger. Good feeling to have a first flight end like this one!

P-47 Maiden Landing (0 min 22 sec)
Old Feb 19, 2011, 08:49 PM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,069 Posts
bdshort, nice lookin plane and pretty smooth landing.

Been sick on and off for the last month, last week cold led to ear infection and burst eardrum, can't hear crap out of right ear at this point except ringing. Wasn't plannin to fly today just run a few errands, tad windy. Wind got bearable just as i got back home, figured what the heck and grabbed the T-28, got 4 pacs thru it for some nice flying. Had some fun for a change!!!
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:00 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Not bad landing? Pretty smooth? Looked to be just about perfect! GOOD JOB!
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:08 PM
New Bethlehem, Pa
Joined Nov 2006
851 Posts
"Not bad"? That is quite an understatement. Close enough to perfect for any of the girls I dated.
jbrooks01 is offline Find More Posts by jbrooks01
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:14 PM
Joined Aug 2009
12,444 Posts
Come on, didn't you guys see that bounce right after it touched down?

I haven't gotten much flying done, but I'm gonna try sometime this weekend. I just got my new plane RTF. It needs decorations, but the current RTF weight is 17 ounces, which is about 5 better than I was expecting I am happy.....
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:16 PM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,069 Posts
Saw that, without the small bounce I would have called it perfect! Good job never the less.
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:18 PM
On the Edge of Space
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP16 View Post
Come on, didn't you guys see that bounce right after it touched down?

I haven't gotten much flying done, but I'm gonna try sometime this weekend. I just got my new plane RTF. It needs decorations, but the current RTF weight is 17 ounces, which is about 5 better than I was expecting I am happy.....
"He made a splash." Ever hear the comedy routine about competitive high diving?
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:33 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony K View Post
Saw that, without the small bounce I would have called it perfect! Good job never the less.
----I've seen human carrying scale planes bounce worse than that!-good landing!
aronph is online now Find More Posts by aronph
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:38 PM
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
The "not bad" comment was my friend who was filming the landing. It would have been hard to avoid any bouncing, as the surface was very bumpy. I actually nosed it over trying to taxi back
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:43 PM
Joined Aug 2009
12,444 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about the surface bumpiness; you can see the wings jumping a little towards the end which is indicative of a surface that's fairly rough.

I'm pretty sure I've bounced belly-landers far worse than anything in that video
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:45 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdshort View Post
The "not bad" comment was my friend who was filming the landing. It would have been hard to avoid any bouncing, as the surface was very bumpy. I actually nosed it over trying to taxi back
It was more "skipping" than bouncing,I agree. The P-47 is smaller than I though it would be. I was at the LHS the other day and a gentleman was there with his and he had something like a power 20 or something similar, just had GOBS of power. Plus it had retracts and flaps. That was one pretty expensive foam warbird.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon