Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 11, 2011, 07:12 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
I just got back from flying. The evening was so nice I ran across the street and got 2 packs through the venerable Hobbyzone Aerobird 3. This thing is getting old but it still flies great though.

The air was so SMOOTH. Not a bump or breeze, made for some great flying.

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2011, 07:40 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,041 Posts
good to see somebody has some good flyin weather....
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Feb 11, 2011, 09:04 PM
BFV
USA, Mt, Frenchtown
Joined Oct 2002
69 Posts
For Montana this was a beautiful day to fly. 50F and no wind and finally stopped snowing. I envy some of the pictures I see from folks who live in warm places.
BFV is offline Find More Posts by BFV
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:13 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,041 Posts
wow-whatta backdrop...
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:35 PM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
1,975 Posts
BFV, I agree it would be awsome to have decent weather year round. Able to fly and ride all year comfortably, but on the other hand Montana has some scenery that is amoung the best in the Country. Took a vacation there once and stayed in Big Sky, rented a Harley in Belgrade and rode Yellowstone and north of the park in Montana up Beartooth Highway all week, Great trip!
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:14 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFV View Post
For Montana this was a beautiful day to fly. 50F and no wind and finally stopped snowing. I envy some of the pictures I see from folks who live in warm places.
Those are some awesome! It's funny, I live in California, and I want to move to Alaska. Mountains,snow,bush flying. That sort of thing, the cold doesn't really bother me too much. What plane is that? A scratch build?

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:29 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,444 Posts
Well, here we are - been working every weekend since Christmas, but the sun is shining the wind is light and I'm off to the field for the first flights of 2011
leccyflyer is online now Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Feb 12, 2011, 07:21 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,041 Posts
have a good flight bludy ol' chap!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 08:02 AM
So Cali High Desert
Joined Nov 2009
109 Posts
Finally .. wind down this morning after over two weeks of blowing. Beautiful High Desert dawn right now... checking batteries and planes.

Yeee Haw!
HiDesertFlyer is offline Find More Posts by HiDesertFlyer
Last edited by HiDesertFlyer; Feb 12, 2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 08:04 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,041 Posts
fly a battery for ME!-took me a few days to fix the PZ Extra (SuperTurd) and we are supposed to have 20mph winds for 2 days...
Old Feb 12, 2011, 08:38 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,992 Posts
Went to the super HS that is 75 miles away () and the place was FULL of RCers. Half a dozen or so flying in the shop's airfield. Owner, a really neat guy almost 80 yrs young, demo-ing about anything you want! My friend and I walked out with new HZ Cubs! Oh, and a new radio for me. One guy had a hot rod T28 and they flew the heck out of it. Super fast and climb? Wouldn't stop! I flew my SkyFly2 twice and found a tree. 1st time I have even got near one and it cost me a wing. Shop owner discounted it even more than his unbelievable low prices, what a guy! I was at the shop, so in 5 min a new wing in place. Bad news was ... owner says in a BUNCH of years at the shop/airfield only one other person "found" that tree! Hit so hard it cut a branch out of a pine tree.
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:03 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,041 Posts
if your not cuttin trees down, your not flyin!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:32 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,992 Posts
So right! It wasn't really flying when it hit that tree .... it was in the beginning part of a crash!
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:45 PM
On the Edge of Space
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkerTyphoon View Post
I just got back from flying. The evening was so nice I ran across the street and got 2 packs through the venerable Hobbyzone Aerobird 3. This thing is getting old but it still flies great though.

The air was so SMOOTH. Not a bump or breeze, made for some great flying.

HT
Isn't it great when it goes dead calm? Whenever it happens it becomes a topic of conversation, we remark how calm it is and how much more enjoyable the flying is when the wind takes a rest. Good times!
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:49 PM
On the Edge of Space
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Well, here we are - been working every weekend since Christmas, but the sun is shining the wind is light and I'm off to the field for the first flights of 2011
Opportunities have been limited for us this year. Snow and wind. A small number of good days. Better than last year though. Only one flight for all of January and February.

17 mph wind today, 17 mph wind tomorow, and cold, and still some snow on the ground.

At least I've built a trio of airplanes.
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV