HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2011, 06:18 PM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Dec 2010
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foam and tape View Post
had fun breaking 3 airplanes today.... just scrached up another one took it out for its maidenflight and splat. lately alot of my planes are starting to suck, not sure why..

but atleast I got some aeiral vid for my movie I'm making
ha ha ha! same thing happend here. i was flying my park zone and someone distracted me and splat.
pilotguy172 is offline Find More Posts by pilotguy172
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2011, 10:22 AM
On the Edge of Space
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,490 Posts
A few of us found out we all had some free time on Thursday, in conjunction with decent weather. A rare weekday fly ensued. 32*, winds at 5 to 9, sunny sky. Snowing a little today.
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Old Jan 07, 2011, 11:55 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,179 Posts
the plane thats "not a model" looks like a KC-10 Extender
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Jan 07, 2011, 07:53 PM
On the Edge of Space
Exit 4, South Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2007
1,490 Posts
There is a MAC base not too far from here, so it wouldn't be too surprising. We got an eyeful, it was low and slow. They don't usually fly over this particular area.
dLdV is offline Find More Posts by dLdV
Old Jan 08, 2011, 05:41 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,179 Posts
i live right under the glidepath for Rickenbacker AFB in Groveport, OH-i see the coolest stuff-they have a tanker wing there with the KC-135's, which i hear are gonna be replaced.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 03:38 PM
Danville, GA
Joined Aug 2010
824 Posts
Finally my work and the weather is cooperating so I will try and get a few paks in just before dusk today. This will be a re-maiden after a major crash and rebuild so wish me luck
ckreef is offline Find More Posts by ckreef
Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:08 PM
Joined Mar 2010
5 Posts
Thud

Maiden flight on E-Flight Yak 54. Wonderful and fun.Blue skies and about 60 degrees. Went great for about 5 minutes and the I got pilots desease and went to high rates and bored in in from about 100 ft. Mashed the nose and broke the fuse in two pieces. Bent motor shaft and landing gear. What a mess. Have just finished repairing everthing and put in a parts order. Flew the Apprentice after that, let the Grandson fly it and then my son fly it. This is a great hobby and I loved the yak untill I got dumb thumbs.
oldarmypilot is offline Find More Posts by oldarmypilot
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:17 AM
Danville, GA
Joined Aug 2010
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
Finally my work and the weather is cooperating so I will try and get a few paks in just before dusk today. This will be a re-maiden after a major crash and rebuild so wish me luck
Got in 4 paks with the fresh, complete rebuild. The 1st pak was a bit hairy until I had it trimmed in. After that the next 3 paks went fairly uneventful and managed to get 4 paks (total) in and bring it home in tact -- A successful day at the field
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:31 PM
Mile High Pilot
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
i live right under the glidepath for Rickenbacker AFB in Groveport, OH-i see the coolest stuff-they have a tanker wing there with the KC-135's, which i hear are gonna be replaced.
I used to live in Pickerington, close enough to be under the pattern when the wind was right. I LOVED watching the '135's flying around. Used to see an occasional "eye in the sky" AWACS too. I live in Colorado now, and it amazes me how many people get all worked up about being annoyed by airplanes flying over their houses (houses by the way that were built under the pattern LONG after the airport was there). Guess Im just an aviation-a-holic. I like watching.

Back on topic... supposed to be 50 today, and the ice should be clear of the runway. Hope to get a couple of packs each in my T-28 and Stinson. Been so long Im not sure I remember how to do it!

jc
milehighjc is offline Find More Posts by milehighjc
Old Jan 16, 2011, 08:33 PM
Danville, GA
Joined Aug 2010
824 Posts
When I first moved to central GA ----- Damn the first time a fighter broke the sound barrier I though my A/C unit blew up. I went searching all though the house to see what was amiss. I felt a little stupid once I figured out what was going on.

Not only do they break the sound barrier going super sonic on a regular basis but they also use the local 4 lane hwy bridge as a targeting, testing, platform. The 1st time I was approaching the bridge and a fighter did a low pass on the bridge I thought I was in Iraqi/Afghanistan.

If you are in a foreign country and the fighter comes that low -- say your prayers cause the $&% has already hit the fan
Old Jan 16, 2011, 08:53 PM
Mile High Pilot
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,175 Posts
Got four packs into split between the T-28 and the Stinson. Nice day, but its been since Dec 14 since I last flew, and man was I rusty. Fortunately, all airframes are home safe, and ready to go for another day.

jc
milehighjc is offline Find More Posts by milehighjc
Old Jan 17, 2011, 06:20 PM
It's Too Windy
Tennessee
Joined Nov 2009
662 Posts
Flew one battery tonight with Dad. One of us had a successful flight, the other, well not so successful.

Cheers,
Henry
DoubleH is offline Find More Posts by DoubleH
Old Jan 17, 2011, 07:08 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,179 Posts
welp-i DREAMT of flying anyway...wind was calm, 40ish degrees..gotta sick 3 year old-couldnt drag her to the feild...
Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:58 AM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,846 Posts
Sunny, Warm (40*), and calm winds,

I am going flying!

HT
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:11 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,438 Posts
I am going flying SOMETIME WITHIN THE NEXT 3 MONTHS!!!!!

Actually, I think we hit our lowest projected daily temperatures of the year a few days ago with 0*F as our high. It should start warming up now... I hope.

Until then I'll be rocking that mCX
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀