HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2010, 09:46 PM
USA, TN, Fayetteville
Joined Dec 2004
878 Posts
I flew one 20+ min flight yesterday with my pico tigermoth, but it was a bit breezy... it was fun... kept my fingers busy... Today after church, my wife had a baby shower to attend, so I took the moth up again, almost no wind. I had a great time. It flew great. I ended up getting crossed up bit while showing off for my nephews. No real damage. Plus I'm really liking my keyfob camera. I got some nice video from the plane.
madmike8 is offline Find More Posts by madmike8
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2010, 03:51 PM
"Put it in the air"
United States, KY, Florence
Joined Feb 2010
202 Posts
Its funny when Tony K says too windy because we were out there and we were installing batteries as the planes we had on the road were blowing away from us. Then as we take each plane off from the ground, I'm thinking, "well...hopefully I crash on the grass!" Gotta fly when you can though right? Today was perfect wind though, just enough to really float in on the landings.
Scarlett is offline Find More Posts by Scarlett
Old Mar 08, 2010, 04:05 PM
globemaster
USA, CA, Cypress
Joined Jun 2008
1,462 Posts
I'll be flying on Saturday
That'll be the day
Clear and sunny sky
My truck filled with all (well, about half) my planes
My batteries all charged
My radio all programmed
A comfy chair will be my guest
Along with lots of water for the thirst
The birdies will fly along my plane
The landings will be done with some elbow grease
The other pilots will overlook in envy
Of my nice Saturday Flying Squadron

I am inspired, I could write a book or something
nicoyenny is offline Find More Posts by nicoyenny
Old Mar 08, 2010, 04:46 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,411 Posts
Mmm.... That sounds good.... A whole bunch of planes and nice weather. Bring a recliner to the field and park it for about 10 hours with a glider

I might go out soon. It's overcast and clammy but there's no wind to speak of, and no chance of the sun getting in my eyes. Plus, I've got a brutally overpowered plane all ready to go

Nubercpilot, I'm not 100% familiar with that plane but I'll take a few educated guesses: It sound like it's a motor-torque issue, or the ailerons aren't trimmed properly. Try dialing in enough aileron trim so that the RIGHT one is just a little bit UP and the LEFT one is just a tad DOWN, as in like ~2-3mm. Also, check to make sure it's balanced laterally to see if one side is heavier than the other. Good luck with it
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Mar 08, 2010, 05:09 PM
Retardedly intelligent
beavercreek,ohio
Joined Jan 2007
3,854 Posts
beautiful day yesterday and today

made many flights on diffrent aircraft, got video and took this video still from today
foam and tape is online now Find More Posts by foam and tape
Old Mar 08, 2010, 10:39 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP15 View Post
It's relatively warm and sunny out. I've got a plane all ready to go.

I'm gonna go fly!
Ahh, Saturday at 60 acres field in Kirkland, WA was absolutely short sleeve weather. Sunny blue skies, no breeze, warm 61 or 62 (thats warm for us warshintonians).

Maidened the Sundower 50, flew the Funtana x100 brushless.
It was a nice day!

Today it was friggen cold and was actually lightly snowing in Seattle.
crazy late winter, early spring weather.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Mar 09, 2010, 09:12 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,862 Posts
It's supposed to be 75 degrees, sunny and zero wind about noion. Definately taking advantage of that.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Mar 09, 2010, 04:08 PM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
I can fly any time I want.

As long as:
I'm 'home'
My wife isn't.
I don't mind flying my little yellow micro heliowabbla

Am living 14 floors above Chicago, in a 'corporate apartment' which really should be called a corporate closet. I can do circuits of the 'living room' with the microwobbler, flying around the aircraft carrier "Coffeetable', but its little limiting and irritates spousal unit, though she's offered to be brave and take a photograph of her hubby playing.

Even if my entire fleet, workshop and support stuff weren't 700 miles away, and packed up awaiting the real house move, am not sure I'd approve of charging LiPos in a tiny apartment with the nearest outdoors 14 floors down and a fair ways horizontal

WHich is all a bummer, as CHicago is up to 'merely cold' and the knickname 'Windy City' applies to polititicians' bluster as much as meterological disturbance.

Good luck to all of you better placed to go fly, now go do it!

D
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Mar 09, 2010, 04:13 PM
AKA Terry Till
Alexandria, VA
Joined Apr 2002
1,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dereck View Post
I can fly any time I want.

As long as:
I'm 'home'
My wife isn't.
I don't mind flying my little yellow micro heliowabbla

Am living 14 floors above Chicago, in a 'corporate apartment' which really should be called a corporate closet. I can do circuits of the 'living room' with the microwobbler, flying around the aircraft carrier "Coffeetable', but its little limiting and irritates spousal unit, though she's offered to be brave and take a photograph of her hubby playing.

Even if my entire fleet, workshop and support stuff weren't 700 miles away, and packed up awaiting the real house move, am not sure I'd approve of charging LiPos in a tiny apartment with the nearest outdoors 14 floors down and a fair ways horizontal

WHich is all a bummer, as CHicago is up to 'merely cold' and the knickname 'Windy City' applies to polititicians' bluster as much as meterological disturbance.

Good luck to all of you better placed to go fly, now go do it!

D
-Gaithersburg reports 63.9, sunny and winds at about 1mph
Just think Dereck, Just think...
ex-racr is offline Find More Posts by ex-racr
Old Mar 09, 2010, 04:43 PM
Joined Aug 2009
12,411 Posts
Quote:
...Ahh, Saturday at 60 acres field in Kirkland, WA was absolutely short sleeve weather. Sunny blue skies, no breeze, warm 61 or 62 (thats warm for us warshintonians)....
On Sunday it was in the high 30's here and I went for a bike ride in a light t-shirt. Ended up stopping for two hours to go sledding with some friends I saw along the way. Yup, in snow. In a t-shirt. I am completely honest when I say I never got 'cold' per se.... I felt the slight chill, but it wasn't particularly bothersome.

I also did a lot of flying that day. Smashed the same plane up several times....

Right now it's cold, windy, and raining
Old Mar 13, 2010, 01:35 AM
Joined Aug 2009
12,411 Posts
Ahhh... The weekend has arrived. I'm gonna slap some glue on that damaged plane and go out flying (after I get some sleep, of course... It's 1:35am )
Old Mar 13, 2010, 01:43 AM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
20,936 Posts
Boo!! I was walking down to the school today to re-maiden my phase 3 squall, because I put new servos in it, as the old ones died, and as I turn around the corner, I see a baseball practice game happening

Wierdly, it was my schools team that was practicing up here at the elementary school I fly at..
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Mar 13, 2010, 02:29 AM
Joined Aug 2009
12,411 Posts
Hmmm... You say the old 'ones' died, as in "at the same time"? Wow...

I know that feeling. I have an elementary school a block from my house but on weekdays there are always young children out there and I do not fly above people. Especially little kids, because it's impossible to land with 15 jabbering 6 year olds crowding the "runway" and trying to grab the plane

I've got several other options though, all within an easy bike ride of my house. It's a little hairy in the winter but during summer I can go to any of about 6 locations
Old Mar 13, 2010, 02:47 PM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress.. View Post
Boo!! I was walking down to the school today to re-maiden my phase 3 squall, because I put new servos in it, as the old ones died, and as I turn around the corner, I see a baseball practice game happening

Wierdly, it was my schools team that was practicing up here at the elementary school I fly at..
Some nerve! Talk about spoilin your fun!

Had Trojan with me yesterday, on our way hame ran one pac thru. Way too windy, wife took a couple of pics for me. Brought it down safely (luckily) and figured better not press my luck. Another day for vid.
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Mar 13, 2010, 03:12 PM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,506 Posts
Flew the Vapor a bit in our heated garage at work (once my shift ended) and flew my Assassin wing once outside. Dang- it's windy out. Next week looks great though.
road_rascal is offline Find More Posts by road_rascal